WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Searchlight NV

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Anyone traveling up 95 through Searchlight , be careful . Counted 6 LEO all aching to pull somebody over . Remember, speed limit through town is 25 .

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Anyone traveling up 95 through Searchlight , be careful . Counted 6 LEO all aching to pull somebody over . Remember, speed limit through town is 25 .

Nipton rd entering Searchlight as well. They are always perched.

Nordie

Reaction score
Searchlight is one of those places that you definitely do the speed limit. I had a coworker that actually lived there. We used to tow our boats to his place pretty often, then run down to the water for the day and come back to his house to crash.

Anyhow I was pulling into Searchlight one time and when I was turning into one of the side roads there was a metro cop in a silver lifted f150 doing radar on everyone driving by. I also saw an all white Toyota Camry having someone pulled over right at the top of the hill if you were coming from Vegas driving towards Laughlin.

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
Picked my daughter up at McCarron last Wednesday and took her back this past Monday. One trip was in the evening the other in the morning. Both times there were 3 cars pulled over on that area

Reactions: DWC

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Searchlight is a money making operation in terms of tickets...not cheap and they write a shit ton of them. Last few trips it was metro pd...

Blown Lavey

Mid week boating anyone..
Reaction score
Food for thought as I do the drive from Parker to Lv weekly, when someone is in the crosswalk stop! I have witnessed a Hawaiian shirt wearing badged guy walking sloooowly across the crosswalk and they pick off all the impatient ones. Have seen it 3 times uaslly in the early spring and summer. Also as posted above observe the speed limit or else.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
It’s been that way forever. Grew up hunting the area in the 80’s. And there was always a cop writing tickets going thru town.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
They were working the hell out of the 95 into Havasu from the 40 today!! We went to Kingman at 7:45 and there were two that had people pulled over. Back at 11:00 and there was one pulled over.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
I wont even come close to the speed limit rolling through searchlight! Those fuckers dont play ..

Starloans

Reaction score
Few years ago Searchlight had a DUMMY in a police car sitting on the side of the street. Was that way for a while. No DUMMIES now. Last month came through there and my radar detector was screaming like my first GF. Cops everywhere.

mothershipper

Reaction score
I'm glad that they are doing this. I have a lot of friends in Searchlight and my club puts on a night race there in July every year. Some of these clowns are hauling ass through there. I wish that they would start nailing more speeders on the road down to Cottonwood in town.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
the 'Ole Speaker still needs cash....he's gotta be like 85 by now...

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
I avoid going that way, if I'm going to Vegas from Havasu I go up to Kingman and take the 93.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Northbound thru Searchlight on a Sunday night, had already cleared town and the 25 zone. Began accelerating as I went from 55 and approached the 65 zone. No other northbound cars in the vicinity. Noticed a southbound unit make an abrupt Uturn, rapidly approached from behind, and lit me up. Said he had me on radar doing 62. I said there’s the 65 zone, you could see the sign in front of us. He said ya, but you’re not there up. Said he was going to write me up for doing 62 in a 55. Total CS ticket. It was about 9:50 pm, likely his shift may have ended at 10 and he needed an easy one. Told him to do whatever, I had a flight to catch in LV. When I called the Searchlight Court about Traffic School the clerk said it wasn’t a Moving Violation. He wrote it as a parking ticket. A friggin’ $300 parking ticket. Searchlight, the home of former Sen. Harry Reid. I would totally expect it to be CS and full of BS, and it is.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
I'm glad that they are doing this. I have a lot of friends in Searchlight and my club puts on a night race there in July every year. Some of these clowns are hauling ass through there. I wish that they would start nailing more speeders on the road down to Cottonwood in town.

They need to start nailing the "non-boaters" (pretty sure you'll know what I mean by that) coming up from Cottonwood while DUI in the summer. Reduce the visitation and trash on the beach down there some.

nowski

Reaction score
Cottonwood was the best kept secret for the longest then the word got out and it became fiesta grande. Trash on the beach was bad but when they did the yearly eco dive it was sickening how much trash they pulled out of the water in that cove...

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Cottonwood was the best kept secret for the longest then the word got out and it became fiesta grande. Trash on the beach was bad but when they did the yearly eco dive it was sickening how much trash they pulled out of the water in that cove...
Is it still shit?
I was thinking about taking my old man there in a couple weeks for a few days of bass fishing . . . but I won't go if it's loud and there's crime.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Is it still shit?
I was thinking about taking my old man there in a couple weeks for a few days of bass fishing . . . but I won't go if it's loud and there's crime.

I wouldn't say it's shit. It's just annoying when the parking is clogged up with 1989 Ford Explorers, 1997 Nissan Altimas and other assorted hoopties that make parking for actual boaters difficult. Also annoying when sections of the launch ramp are occupied by a group unloading multiple ice chests, EZ-ups, and floaties while their 10 to 15 kids run around.

The people in question typically stay on the beach there though and don't really get out in the water to other beaches much. There is a noticeable amount of trash left on the beach at the end of a weekend, which is another reason I wish the rangers would fuck with that clientele a little more.

I've never really been hassled by the rangers, but I hear they have a tendency to pull over the people towing boats or driving nicer cars instead of the vehicles packed with 20 people driven by someone who's been on the beach all day and is almost certainly smashed. I'm told ability to pay is a primary reason for that.

But yeah. Cottonwood sucks. Stay away.

nowski

Reaction score
Is it still shit?
It was around 2004 / 2005 when It got out of hand over there mainly on the beach. They now have day use fees that helped clean the area up and made it worth going again. That area is really laid back and during the week it's like having the whole lake to yourself...

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
It was around 2004 / 2005 when It got out of hand over there mainly on the beach. They now have day use fees that helped clean the area up and made it worth going again. That area is really laid back and during the week it's like having the whole lake to yourself...
Thank you, we'd probably go on a Monday and come back Thursday or Friday ... Pops is 89, so it'd be a super mellow trip . . thinking around mid April.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I wouldn't say it's shit. It's just annoying when the parking is clogged up with 1989 Ford Explorers, 1997 Nissan Altimas and other assorted hoopties that make parking for actual boaters difficult. Also annoying when sections of the launch ramp are occupied by a group unloading multiple ice chests, EZ-ups, and floaties while their 10 to 15 kids run around.

The people in question typically stay on the beach there though and don't really get out in the water to other beaches much. There is a noticeable amount of trash left on the beach at the end of a weekend, which is another reason I wish the rangers would fuck with that clientele a little more.

I've never really been hassled by the rangers, but I hear they have a tendency to pull over the people towing boats or driving nicer cars instead of the vehicles packed with 20 people driven by someone who's been on the beach all day and is almost certainly smashed. I'm told ability to pay is a primary reason for that.

But yeah. Cottonwood sucks. Stay away.
Damn . . . sounds oddly similar to the state beach in Huntington. Funny you'd say that about the 'ability to pay' . . . I talked to a Fish and Wildlife Warden last summer and pointed out some 'Poachers' fishing in the wetlands reserve . . . he repeated exactly what you said . . . In fact he said his bosses got pissed about all the paperwork from citations that would never get paid. He said, "Unfortunately I'd rather ticket you, because the chances are that you have an actual address and a job".

PaPaG

Reaction score
I drive that road 2 to 4 times a week at times, always a speed trap and people ignore it and drive through the 25mph zone at 35-40 and wonder why they get nailed, drive 80 on either side and sit at 25-27max through the town for 2-3 minutes and no one gets tickets that a guarantee, they have stepped up the entire 95 patrols for speeders, I even ran into 2 CHPs on the Cali 65mph side the last 4 times through there so enforcement is way up...watch out...

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Damn . . . sounds oddly similar to the state beach in Huntington. Funny you'd say that about the 'ability to pay' . . . I talked to a Fish and Wildlife Warden last summer and pointed out some 'Poachers' fishing in the wetlands reserve . . . he repeated exactly what you said . . . In fact he said his bosses got pissed about all the paperwork from citations that would never get paid. He said, "Unfortunately I'd rather ticket you, because the chances are that you have an actual address and a job".

Yeah, that's bullshit. Those of us who do well and actually contribute to society have to obey the laws and the dirtbag leeches just get to do whatever they want.

To your post about going out on Monday and coming back Thursday or Friday, you'll have the whole place to yourself, especially in April. Water is still going to be cold though.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Lol
I’m on Nipton rd right now, just left searchlight. (Working in Nipton)
The trooper sits near that equipment yard at Nipton and 95 so he can get both roads.
Saw some dude come blazing through at 60 or so MPH the other day. Trooper was on him like stink on shit!

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I like going through Kingman to Havasu personally. double lane divided highway the entire way and no CA trailer speed limit. Its a few miles longer but a better drive imo.

I do use Searchlight/Nipton if i have to venture into communist hell though 🤣

Never speed in searchlight, and pretty much until you get up into the McCullough pass and are headed back downhill into Nipton. The cops on Nipton road pretty much stick from the exit of the pass all the way along the very long straight section that leads into searchlight.

Also the last few times i noticed they don't have a reducing speed limit coming into Nipton anymore, it used to slow down to 35 or 25, now there is nothing, so it's straight 55 through town per the signs 🤷‍♂️, i always slow down anyway, man if you hit those RR tracks at 55 🤣