WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Second Amendment- Supreme Court struck down NY Law

Xring01

Reaction score
Ohhhh hell yea….
Open Carry across the US should no longer be in question.
Concealed Carrys should be alot easier to get in libtard states.
This should nullify magazine ban restrictions in libtard states..
Many many many other implications due to this one ruling.

This is a huge win for 2A… HUGE…
EA69ACCD-BE1A-44FE-BCA3-DE56C1B40266.png

Xring01

Reaction score
I have been watching case for several years now.
The final Supreme court dilberations where last year on it… I thought this ruling would have been released months ago..

Finally… we got win.

This has some implications on the recent laws congress was just about to pass…
Pretty sure it will nullify the 21 year old age requirement for pistols and other rifles.

There will be protests in the streets tonight for sure…

TeamGreene

Reaction score
I was working in Pahrump NV (framing) in the early to late 90's the first time I saw a guy wearing a holster in the gas station it took me aback a little but you get used to seeing open carry after a while I guess it may be the same as being on a topless beach after a while it's no big deal.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I was working in Pahrump NV (framing) in the early to late 90's the first time I saw a guy wearing a holster in the gas station it took me aback a little but you get used to seeing open carry after a while I guess it may be the same as being on a topless beach after a while it's no big deal.

One of the cafes in ND I’d frequent for breakfast and lunch I’d say half the patrons had open carry sidearms at all times.

Xring01

Reaction score
You may have missed my point.
I gotcha, but the post could be interpretted different ways. I wanted to be 100% clear where I stand on the issue.

We need all the support we can get, I never want to dissuade a 2A supporter.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
Hell yeah
So wonder what California is going to come up with next,
California and other state (NY) will come out screeching “states rights”. Which would be accurate if gun rights weren’t specifically enumerated in the Constitution.

Their inconsistency will show when RVW is overturned this week. They don’t want it turned over to the states. Abortion is NOT an enumerated right, therefore, states rights apply.

SOD

Reaction score
Looks like the decision also puts it's thumb on lower courts by setting a standard by which they have review firearm laws. This should slow down the AW and magazine bans.

Yldboyz

Reaction score
They eill say the lead is bad for the environment and can no longer be owned in California

Ca has already done this in some parts of the state due to the endangered Condor.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
Ca has already done this in some parts of the state due to the endangered Condor.
Arizona has several game management units where lead core bullets are a no no as well. Kaibab Strip and Plateau.

Also many waterfowl regulations about non-lead shot. Which sucks, it doesn’t fly good like lead

Starloans

Reaction score
The LIBTARD cable channel "Legal Expert" just said that NYs gun regulations are no longer valid to prevent concealed carry without a permit with a good reason as well as open carry I guess in NY. Then the "expert" went on to say "so now, NY has to come up with NEW regulations for firearms". WTF??? These fuckers won't quit. I get that firearms should be restricted in certain areas and the SCOUS left that open in the ruling but I don't think that's what the libtard is referring to.

As far as open carry, there are a few states that had open carry prohibition outright of which were the usual suspects. One surprising state WAS South Carolina. I'm from North Carolina originally and that always surprised me about South Carolina.

Clarence Thomas was on point today.

LONG DONG SILVER is your friend!!!

Xring01

Reaction score
Supreme Court gun decision shoots down NY rule that set high bar for concealed carry licenses https://www.foxnews.com/politics/supreme-court-gun-decision-shoots-down-ny-rule-high-bar-concealed-carry-licenses Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

"In this case, petitioners and respondents agree that ordinary, law-abiding citizens have a similar right to carry handguns publicly for their self-defense. We too agree, and now hold, consistent with Heller and McDonald, that the Second and Fourteenth Amendments protect an individual’s right to carry a handgun for self-defense outside the home," Justice Clarence Thomas wrote in the Court's opinion, referencing two previous gun cases. "Because the State of New York issues public-carry licenses only when an applicant demonstrates a special need for self-defense, we conclude that the State’s licensing regime violates the Constitution."

Thomas noted that the state statute does not define what "proper cause" means, and that courts had ruled that the standard was met by people who showed a "special need for self-protection."

USMC2010

Reaction score
I was stationed in Brooklyn 98-03. I went to the Sheriff's office to ask about getting a permit and was actually laughed out of the building. This is a huge win.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

😂😂😂😂😂😂

From article -

“What happens when the people are no longer allowed to protect themselves from mass slaughter through their elected representatives, and are left at the mercy of unelected judges who do not care if they are shot to death?”

My full auto AOC jammed!!!
😂😂🤣🤣

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

Why the Gun is Civilization.​

By Marko Kloos

Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force. If you want me to do something for you, you have a choice of either convincing me via argument, or force me to do your bidding under threat of force. Every human interaction falls into one of those two categories, without exception. Reason or force, that’s it.

In a truly moral and civilized society, people exclusively interact through persuasion. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction, and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.

When I carry a gun, you cannot deal with me by force. You have to use reason and try to persuade me, because I have a way to negate your threat or employment of force. The gun is the only personal weapon that puts a 100-pound woman on equal footing with a 220-pound mugger, a 75-year old retiree on equal footing with a 19-year old gangbanger, and a single gay guy on equal footing with a carload of drunk guys with baseball bats. The gun removes the disparity in physical strength, size, or numbers between a potential attacker and a defender.

There are plenty of people who consider the gun as the source of bad force equations. These are the people who think that we’d be more civilized if all guns were removed from society, because a firearm makes it easier for a mugger to do his job. That, of course, is only true if the mugger’s potential victims are mostly disarmed either by choice or by legislative fiat–it has no validity when most of a mugger’s potential marks are armed. People who argue for the banning of arms ask for automatic rule by the young, the strong, and the many, and that’s the exact opposite of a civilized society. A mugger, even an armed one, can only make a successful living in a society where the state has granted him a force monopoly.

Then there’s the argument that the gun makes confrontations lethal that otherwise would only result in injury. This argument is fallacious in several ways. Without guns involved, confrontations are won by the physically superior party inflicting overwhelming injury on the loser. People who think that fists, bats, sticks, or stones don’t constitute lethal force watch too much TV, where people take beatings and come out of it with a bloody lip at worst. The fact that the gun makes lethal force easier works solely in favor of the weaker defender, not the stronger attacker. If both are armed, the field is level. The gun is the only weapon that’s as lethal in the hands of an octogenarian as it is in the hands of a weightlifter. It simply wouldn’t work as well as a force equalizer if it wasn’t both lethal and easily employable.

When I carry a gun, I don’t do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I’m looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don’t carry it because I’m afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn’t limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation … and that’s why carrying a gun is a civilized act.

Last edited:

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Move to OC, they are essentially a “Shall Issue” county.
Eh, Sort of.

2 years ago the process was extremely easy, I decided not to renew as I'm moving, but my buddy renewed last month and had to jump through a ton of hoops. Way more documentation than when we did it the first time. Maybe a temporary result of the school shootings.....

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Eh, Sort of.

2 years ago the process was extremely easy, I decided not to renew as I'm moving, but my buddy renewed last month and had to jump through a ton of hoops. Way more documentation than when we did it the first time. Maybe a temporary result of the school shootings.....

I just did mine before I moved in Dec. I used the same exact just cause statement, pictures and paperwork I’ve used for 8 years. Just changed the dates.

dribble

Reaction score
Eh, Sort of.

In Sac county the worst part of renewal is training and qualifying. Other than that it's easy and cheap. Funny a buddy of mine is a DOJ certified instructor and retired LE (DMV Investigator). He gets one every for years from the department. He has to pay another DOJ certified instructor to qualify him and has to be fingerprinted again for renewal. I don't even have to jump through those hoops.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I just did mine before I moved in Dec. I used the same exact just cause statement, pictures and paperwork I’ve used for 8 years. Just changed the dates.
Yah, definitely not the case as of last month. Probably temporary, but it's much more involved.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Yah, definitely not the case as of last month. Probably temporary, but it's much more involved.

I’d be interested to hear what he had to do or change. That same thing happened to my friend in December. They actually denied his at first.

He then said this is all the same crap I’ve sent you for the last 8 years. It went into “review” and was approved by a superior. It made us think there is someone working in that review room that has a different “alignment”. He had a different case worker than myself and another friend of ours.

Deckin Around

Reaction score
Eh, Sort of.

This year they asked me provide bank statements showing cash deposits I said I make regularly. No problem there was $20k + that month. Then they tried to tell me I had an unregistered firearm on my license but really they had a O and 0 transposed on a Glock. I couldn’t give two proof of residency forms, just a mortgage statement, all the utilities are in my wife’s name and all mail goes to a PO Box including all vehicle registrations and my drivers license . I just explained that in my application and it wasn’t a problem.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
This year they asked me provide bank statements showing cash deposits I said I make regularly. Then they tried to tell me I had an unregistered firearm on my license but really they had a O and 0 transposed. I couldn’t give two proof of residency forms, just a mortgage statement, all the utilities are in my wife’s name and all mail goes to a PO Box

I never did the cash thing as my just cause. Said I regularly haul around expensive items that make me a target for unscrupulous individuals that may cause me physical harm. I had to show pictures of the expensive stuff - tools, boats, off road vehicles, race car, etc and provide proof of ownership.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I’d be interested to hear what he had to do or change. That same thing happened to my friend in December. They actually denied his at first.

He then said this is all the same crap I’ve sent you for the last 8 years. It went into “review” and was approved by a superior. It made us think there is someone working in that review room that has a different “alignment”. He had a different case worker than myself and another friend of ours.

2 years ago we had our just cause and general pictures supporting hiking, traveling, and he sent in his RE license as support. This year he had to send a detailed log with dates, places, and pictures of where he hiked in the last two years, Then they made him submit sales logs for his RE sales over the last two years and bank statements showing cash deposits.

dribble

Reaction score
2 years ago we had our just cause and general pictures supporting hiking, traveling, and he sent in his RE license as support. This year he had to send a detailed log with dates, places, and pictures of where he hiked in the last two years, Then they made him submit sales logs for his RE sales over the last two years and bank statements showing cash deposits.
Wow. In Sacramento County all we have to say is Self Defense.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score

Why the Gun is Civilization.​

Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force. If you want me to do something for you, you have a choice of either convincing me via argument, or force me to do your bidding under threat of force. Every human interaction falls into one of those two categories, without exception. Reason or force, that’s it.

In a truly moral and civilized society, people exclusively interact through persuasion. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction, and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.

When I carry a gun, you cannot deal with me by force. You have to use reason and try to persuade me, because I have a way to negate your threat or employment of force. The gun is the only personal weapon that puts a 100-pound woman on equal footing with a 220-pound mugger, a 75-year old retiree on equal footing with a 19-year old gangbanger, and a single gay guy on equal footing with a carload of drunk guys with baseball bats. The gun removes the disparity in physical strength, size, or numbers between a potential attacker and a defender.

There are plenty of people who consider the gun as the source of bad force equations. These are the people who think that we’d be more civilized if all guns were removed from society, because a firearm makes it easier for a mugger to do his job. That, of course, is only true if the mugger’s potential victims are mostly disarmed either by choice or by legislative fiat–it has no validity when most of a mugger’s potential marks are armed. People who argue for the banning of arms ask for automatic rule by the young, the strong, and the many, and that’s the exact opposite of a civilized society. A mugger, even an armed one, can only make a successful living in a society where the state has granted him a force monopoly.

Then there’s the argument that the gun makes confrontations lethal that otherwise would only result in injury. This argument is fallacious in several ways. Without guns involved, confrontations are won by the physically superior party inflicting overwhelming injury on the loser. People who think that fists, bats, sticks, or stones don’t constitute lethal force watch too much TV, where people take beatings and come out of it with a bloody lip at worst. The fact that the gun makes lethal force easier works solely in favor of the weaker defender, not the stronger attacker. If both are armed, the field is level. The gun is the only weapon that’s as lethal in the hands of an octogenarian as it is in the hands of a weightlifter. It simply wouldn’t work as well as a force equalizer if it wasn’t both lethal and easily employable.

When I carry a gun, I don’t do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I’m looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don’t carry it because I’m afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn’t limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation … and that’s why carrying a gun is a civilized act.

I hope I don't piss you off, and I'm sure it was just an unintentional oversight on your account. This essay is the work of Maj. L. Caudill, USMC (Ret) and he should get the credit.

These past 3 months have been the first time in 10 years I have not had a CC permit due to the move from Reno to Montana. You have to be a resident of Montana for 6 months to get a CCW. Montana is a right-to-carry state, but because we travel so much, I want the reciprocity to carry in other states. Over the summer I will renew it.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I hope I don't piss you off, and I'm sure it was just an unintentional oversight on your account. This essay is the work of Maj. L. Caudill, USMC (Ret) and he should get the credit.

These past 3 months have been the first time in 10 years I have not had a CC permit due to the move from Reno to Montana. You have to be a resident of Montana for 6 months to purchase a gun and get a CCW. Montana is a right-to-carry state, but because we travel so much, I want the reciprocity to carry in other states. Over the summer I will renew it.

Splain this to us more please? You have to be a 6 month resident there to even purchase a gun?

sirbob

Reaction score
Splain this to us more please? You have to be a 6 month resident there to even purchase a gun?

Possibly she is referring to both buying a gun AND getting a CC license?

I have personally walked into a gun store with somebody in MT who was from New Jersey / He bought a gun and walked out with it (also bought a case and a lock) and took it home to New Jersy on his flight the next day? I suppose the laws could have changed since then?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Possibly she is referring to both buying a gun AND getting a CC license?

I have personally walked into a gun store with somebody in MT who was from New Jersey / He bought a gun and walked out with it (also bought a case and a lock) and took it home to New Jersy on his flight the next day? I suppose the laws could have changed since then?

I thought that as well. Interested in the specifics.

Good Stuff

Reaction score
Keeps someone from renting an apartment for a month to buy guns they can’t have somewhere else. There is a carve out on the DOJ form allowing you to purchase guns in your secondary home state for use at your second home. I can buy a gun in AZ and walk out the door vs my California waiting period. Also can get “off roster” handguns that aren’t available in CA. I do re-register those in CA personally since I don’t need any headaches and it’s only $19 to legally transfer up to 4 guns between my wife and I under an “operation of law” if I remember correctly.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Keeps someone from renting an apartment for a month to buy guns they can’t have somewhere else. There is a carve out on the DOJ form allowing you to purchase guns in your secondary home state for use at your second home. I can buy a gun in AZ and walk out the door vs my California waiting period. Also can get “off roster” handguns that aren’t available in CA. I do re-register those in CA personally since I don’t need any headaches and it’s only $19 to legally transfer up to 4 guns between my wife and I under an “operation of law” if I remember correctly.

I get all that, but that isn't the case in AZ or UT or even CA for instance. Once you have an ID you can go buy a gun in those states.

As far as CCW I believe is is the same in AZ, UT and CA..you establish residency, you can go obtain a *resident* CCW.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Oops, my post was worded incorrectly. Not to purchase one. Just to get a CCW license. A hunting/fishing license as well. We moved in late June and I tried to get a resident hunting/fishing license in September and was denied. It was a bummer to have to get a non-resident one when I was truly a resident. I was told it's because they have so many "immigrants" from New York, New Jersey, and California, who have vacation homes there, will change their residency temporarily for a long visit for hunting and fishing, then change it back. So they want to make sure people are truly residents before they allow them all of the freedoms that Montana has to offer :D

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Oops, my post was incorrect. Not to purchase one. Just to get a CCW license. A hunting/fishing license as well. We moved in late June and I tried to get a resident hunting/fishing license in September and was denied. It was a bummer to have to get a non-resident one when I was truly a resident. I was told it's because they have so many "immigrants" from New York, New Jersey, and California, who have vacation homes there, will change their residency temporarily for a long visit for hunting and fishing, then change it back. So they want to make sure people are truly residents before they allow them all of the freedoms that Montana has to offer :D

Got it. Thank you for that clarification. Montana seems to have reciprocity with a great many states and looks very similar to the maps for UT and AZ. In the meantime does it make sense to get a non resident CCW from where you are residing currently?