WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Security cams

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Whats everyone using for outside cams? wireless ? or hard wire? range ? to your I phone ? what you using ?

MrsVP

Reaction score
We have Amcrest at the office, they are wired, and we have an app to view. Got them on amazon, super happy.

DWC

Reaction score
I bought 3 of the Wyze cams last year. All still working very well.

JD D05

Reaction score
I shopped around a little but ended up going with Vivint...
vivint-snapshot-2019-07-24-122214.png
vivint-snapshot-2019-07-24-122202.png

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
I have a couple of WYZE cams out front. I bought 4 of them, installed 2...one made it about 3 months and died. The replacement seems solid. The only thing that kinda sucks is the motion sensing and short recording...if one camera starts recording some activity, the other one won't pick it up when it leaves the frame of the first one. I have SD cards in them so I can always go back and watch what happened on the "hard copy", but that's a pain in the ass. Overall, I'm happy with them for the price.

I have a lot of trees that always trigger alerts when the branches move with the breeze, but if I turn the sensitivity down so they ignore that...then the cameras don't pick up anything. Not sure what to do about that.

tunnel vision

Reaction score
I have a couple of WYZE cams out front. I bought 4 of them, installed 2...one made it about 3 months and died. The replacement seems solid. The only thing that kinda sucks is the motion sensing and short recording...if one camera starts recording some activity, the other one won't pick it up when it leaves the frame of the first one. I have SD cards in them so I can always go back and watch what happened on the "hard copy", but that's a pain in the ass. Overall, I'm happy with them for the price.

I have a lot of trees that always trigger alerts when the branches move with the breeze, but if I turn the sensitivity down so they ignore that...then the cameras don't pick up anything. Not sure what to do about that.

Same here, at my lake house the wind blows 4-7 pm every day so I am going to set up a schedule that the PIR does not come on.

jbird

Reaction score
Have Ring cameras with flood lights in Havi and so far so good. Running the Arlo cameras back in CA and these work fine as well just a basic camera with motion alerts. Wireless was the only way to go for the Havi house due to the vaulted ceilings.

The Ring cameras have several more options over Arlo. I like being able to adjust the motion area, turn flood lights on/off, ability to talk and listen through them and battery life is much better as there is a main battery and back up. May install solar panels on them at some point.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
Same here, at my lake house the wind blows 4-7 pm every day so I am going to set up a schedule that the PIR does not come on.

Try to change the Detection Zone on your WYZE cams and eliminate the trees. You can now also change notifications for "Person" too.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Try to change the Detection Zone on your WYZE cams and eliminate the trees. You can now also change notifications for "Person" too.

Had no idea they had that feature...Thanks.

hallett21

Reaction score
Reolink [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Honeywell wifi HD cameras. With their total connect app. Allows me to control my security system, lights, locks, etc all from one app.

999BED99-2AC7-4A90-B835-6FCE6B1EDE4C.png

spectracular

Reaction score
If you get one/some just make sure you have a way to identify the vehicle (license plate) that the baddies drove off in. A pic of a face is next to worthless unless you have a way to find them.

getch

Reaction score
Reolink 4k. Just got them going, and the 4k I believe is new to them. But very happy with them so far.

IIRC its 2TB and had 4 cameras for around $500