WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Security Systems

asa400ex

Reaction score
I am looking for a security system for my home that acts like the RING with notifications to your phone but is hardwired through POE. I have research some old threads and people have suggested that the following systems:
Reolink
Bullet Proof
Night Owl
Hik Vision

Does anybody have any suggestions with current experiences with a high end security system? Not looking for Ring or a Costco system.

Thanks

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I am looking for a security system for my home that acts like the RING with notifications to your phone but is hardwired through POE. I have research some old threads and people have suggested that the following systems:
Reolink
Bullet Proof
Night Owl
Hik Vision

Does anybody have any suggestions with current experiences with a high end security system? Not looking for Ring or a Costco system.

Thanks

I have the Honeywell home system but the cameras are wireless

Motor Boater

Reaction score
I don’t understand the whole camera and security system thing. If someone steals an amazon package off my porch and I have a shitty video of that, it doesn’t tell me shit, show me who it is, show me their license plate, wtf good is it? Even if you can get the license number the police won’t find them and prosecute them. My neighbor had a kid hit his truck and the cops couldn’t determine who was at fault he was furious so he installed cameras. Who the fuck cares. Call your insurance and move on.

THE WIDGE

Reaction score
We have a system in Havasu from Bulletproof / http://www.havasuwireguy.com/

We like it as it uses the alarm.com app to send notifications etc.

i’m assuming you pay a monthly monitoring system with alarm.com app. I had this conversation with an alarm/camera guy this morning. I want a system that notifies me via the phone directly without having a monitoring fee for system. No $40-50 a month to use service which I have found, but according to him he said there is equipment that’s provides this service at no cost. Waiting to hear back with the info

FishSniper

Reaction score
i’m assuming you pay a monthly monitoring system with alarm.com app. I had this conversation with an alarm/camera guy this morning. I want a system that notifies me via the phone directly without having a monitoring fee for system. No $40-50 a month to use service which I have found, but according to him he said there is equipment that’s provides this service at no cost. Waiting to hear back with the info
I installed an Arlo system at the Havasu place recently. 4 camera system that was around 400 bucks runs on WiFi and you can set it for motion alerts etc. Saves the data for 14 days no monthly fee. Video quality is very good in the light but in the dark is not the greatest.

Ricks raft

Reaction score
There are a couple American made systems but they are pricey.
Luma has good security.
Most systems are built by hikvision, cheaper versions are just less featured or less overall bandwidth for high res multiple camera recording, Hunt is the oem brand of hikvision. All have an app to view remotely. For multiple and more extensive remote acces you'll need a ddns.
The Ring Elite cameras are POE.

SoCalDave

Reaction score

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Super happy with my Vivint system. Cameras, door locks, motion sensors in office and main area of house, ac control, alarm, lights, and garage doors. May add more soon want to do two indoor cameras in the garage.

Cobalt232

Reaction score
I think it is 200-300 per year. It uses a cellular connection to send notifications. We have it integrated with our thermostats, garage doors, etc. I just like looking at the cameras wishing I was actually there.

Reactions: DWC

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Wyze cameras.... free.... but only 15 seconds of storage each event unless you pay for it.... I just need 15 seconds to see if I can recognize the person..... because you’re never going to catch the dirtbag. I have them inside and outside both houses.... hidden so they don’t see them

Reaction score
The one thing about having cameras is, it gives you a video of a person in a hoodie breaking into your car or house. You cannot ID them . All they do is give you a false sense of security .

FishSniper

Reaction score
The one thing about having cameras is, it gives you a video of a person in a hoodie breaking into your car or house. You cannot ID them . All they do is give you a false sense of security .
I agree however I wanted to get some at the house up there to be able to make sure I don’t show up to any surprises since we’re not there full time.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
My next door neighbor caught a guy on camera breaking into his truck. He was later arrested. He wasn’t wearing a hoodie though. Another neighbor last week caught a guy walking his dog at 2:30 in the morning checking their car doors. No hoodie either.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
My next door neighbor caught a guy on camera breaking into his truck. He was later arrested. He wasn’t wearing a hoodie though. Another neighbor last week caught a guy walking his dog at 2:30 in the morning checking their car doors. No hoodie either.
The service guy at Eliminator had a turbo charger for his car delivered to his house while he was at work.
His cams caught the license plate.
By the end of the day a cop knocked on his door and gave him back his turbo, suspect in jail.

jet496

Reaction score
If it weren't for our DVD security camera footage recording movement events, we wouldn't have known about some shit our nephew was doing at our house while we'd go on vacation, plus I saw my landscaper rummaging through our shit every time he's here, plus other good shit to monitor.

It's a good, cheap tool. We bought a system for under $1000 at Costco years ago. No fees. 4 Cameras & great video, even at night.

It's a smart thing even though I haven;t had to review or look at it for a year or so. Good to know it's there when needed.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Caught on neighbors camera.
Image-1[20334].jpg

Reaction score
Cameras do have a lot of good things going for them but you should not rely on them to stop or deter thieves , only a supplement to help protect your property. To of the shots that did not help me .I
C58606E6-8D15-4B65-B5DA-D6AC86A83BD1.png
C83DCE9C-9E58-4404-8DD4-7A4EA5491A9A.png

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I have a EyeZON card I my alarm panel. I can turn on and off remotely and get alerts if it goes off. So far that is all I have needed