WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sedona (Update with PICS)?

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
Heading out to Sedona next Thursday with some couples in the Jeeps for a few nights. I've never been. Any must sees (trails, monuments)? Any must eats? My only "to do" is to visit Maynard's (Tool frontman) winery in Jerome.

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Sedona is closed.

Seriously though you can’t go wrong with anything off the front page of a Google search. Being your first time out it’ll all be amazing especially if you can find yourself at elevation in the red rocks at sunset.

Once you find yourself parched I’d recommend walking into a little spot called Mooneys and asking for some double d’s. You won’t be disappointed.

franky

Reaction score
Go to his restaurant in Cottnwood. Really knowledgeable staff on his wines and awesome farm to table food. I think it is called Mirkens or something like that. Might as well hit up the brewery while you are there. Old repurposed church. Great bar and restaurant upstairs and brewery party patio downstairs.

81Sprint

Reaction score
That's a trip i have been wanting to do with the jeep as well. Looks like there is some really nice scenery and campgrounds there

AR33

Reaction score
IMG_5343.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SPYLIFE

Reaction score
I've done Schneby Hill trail in the RZR - has some amazing views. Mynard has 2 places in Jerome that are pretty much next to each other, and there are several more tasting rooms as well. His are the best though. Down in Camp Verde is Montezuma Castle if you like history, and to see how people lived 100's of years ago. If you do a hike, check out Devils Bridge. If you drink too much in Jerome, stay The Grand Hotel, and ask for the room over the Asylum Restaurant. It's a 2 bedroom suite, that was once the operating room, with the legend being it's where they performed all the lobotomies.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Just a heads up, Jerome gets full of flatlander, weekend warrior biker types when it warms up down the hill. Not super crowded, but with a jeep, watch your corners. Some of them may not!

petie6464

Reaction score
Just give yourself time especially in the weekends, lots of traffic.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
There are so many great hikes to take in Sedona. My advice is to get a map and choose. The hikes are rated on their "toughness". As for the restaurants, my favorite first place to grab a bite to eat is at the Hideaway House (great food). Across the street is the Creekside. I dig that place because they have several beer choices from my favorite brewery Lumberyard (Food is good). Old Creek Brewery in town also serves Lumberyard and many more choices...good BBQ too. My favorite place to eat is Bella Vita Ristaurante. Awesome food and great wine selection. Have a great trip!

2Driver

Reaction score
It’s become a freaking zoo there. LOL Its Waikiki with red rocks, but still fun. You will be hiking and 4 wheeling in a conga line.
Find a place to eat real early or real late if you don’t have a rez. You want the best place, best food and best view hands down it’s Mariposa, just west of town center as you go up the hill.

Beerme

Reaction score
It’s become a freaking zoo there. LOL Its Waikiki with red rocks, but still fun. You will be hiking and 4 wheeling in a conga line.
Find a place to eat real early or real late if you don’t have a rez. You want the best place, best food and best view hands down it’s Mariposa, just west of town center as you go up the hill.
😂 😂 i'm hoping since it's Mother's Day weekend that most people will stay off the trails, but I'm figuring the restaurants will be a zoo.

Beerme

Reaction score
On another note, i'm coming from Komifornia. I'm taking the 10 east and want to stop and visit some friends in Prescott. I was thinking of taking the 60/89 up through Peoples Valley. Is this a bad idea? Google tells me to take the 10 to the 303 to the 17.

Motor Boater

Reaction score
Be sure to visit “the rock that heals” and don’t get caught in the vortex. Bunch of dam hippies and tourists there. Haha Hiking the creek is fun. Oak creek brewery is good. Go see the church in the rock for 5 minutes, that’s all you need. Play golf and everything else that has been mentioned.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
We will be there that weekend as well. Wife wanted to go for Mother’s Day.

2Driver

Reaction score
On another note, i'm coming from Komifornia. I'm taking the 10 east and want to stop and visit some friends in Prescott. I was thinking of taking the 60/89 up through Peoples Valley. Is this a bad idea? Google tells me to take the 10 to the 303 to the 17.

That route is way more fun and scenic vs boring interstate and I17.

On the climb up out of wickenburg you will pass the Prescott Hotshot memorial where 19 wild land firefighters died a few years back. It is a pull over right in the S turns on the climb up ( you’d have to go past it and do a U) The whole memorial is a 3 mile hike memorial and quite amazing but just the stuff on the side of the road is worth it.

530RL

Reaction score

I'd take the 93 out of wickenburg to the 89 up Yarnell Hill.

Then depending upon time I'd probably take the Bagdad Highway (96) to Bagdad and have lunch there and then backtrack to the 89.

Or if you don't want to go off to bagdad, I'd take the 89 up through Prescott to the 89A through Jerome and Cottonwood and then to Sedona.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Well, I'm southwest of Sedona...far NE corner of Prescott Valley...looks like a good size plume of smoke coming over the hills!

Hippies may have smoked a bit much. Just a heads up to anyone that may be headed that way.

77charger

Reaction score
Did that route years ago was a little longer i guess but was scenic and worth it,I need to stop in prescott at jg guns to buy stuff then headed to sedona.Now living in peoria its a 2 hr drive.

77charger

Reaction score
Was there 2 weeks ago during the week i went early to fishleft at noon but traffic was increasing and pretty steady out of town but nothing major.I would hate to be there on a weekend that is for sure.

2Driver

Reaction score
Was there 2 weeks ago during the week i went early to fishleft at noon but traffic was increasing and pretty steady out of town but nothing major.I would hate to be there on a weekend that is for sure.

Yeah beware if you go north of Sedona on 89A to see oak creek, slide-rock etc it bottle necks coming back into town. We have sat in traffic for 20 minutes 1.5 miles from town.

It’s all do to the crosswalk traffic in downtown and the flow coming down 89A being stopped for crossing tourist shopping for rubber tomahawks, fake turquoise and “ I survived the Pink Jeep tour T-Shits. 🤓 On weekends they have crossing guards.

77charger

Reaction score
Yeah beware if you go north of Sedona on 89A to see oak creek, slide-rock etc it bottle necks coming back into town. We have sat in traffic for 20 minutes 1.5 miles from town.

It’s all do to the crosswalk traffic in downtown and the flow coming down 89A being stopped for crossing tourist shopping for rubber tomahawks, fake turquoise and “ I survived the Pink Jeep tour T-Shits. 🤓 On weekends they have crossing guards.
I fished oak creek out of town quite a bit of traffic on the road but it came in waves nothing then 10-12 cars then nothing and repeat when crossing hwy.I wouldnt call it heavy but come a weekend fuck it i wont be there

Dirtbag

Reaction score
in sedona all you have to do is open the door and walk outside for beautiful sights to see

Beerme

Reaction score
First off, I want to thank everyone for all the information for our trip. Words cannot describe how beautiful this area is and I cannot wait to get back there. When we drove in on Thursday, the wife and I stopped in Jerome and did a few flights of wine tasting and some shopping. I would have loved to have stayed longer, but we had our old pup with us (she got a bladder infection 2 days before trip so we decided to take her to care for her). Ate dinner that night at the Village of Oak Creek Pizza and Beer. Great pizza and salad.

Started the next day by heading to Broken Arrow trail. All I can say is wow about the scenery. This trail was fairly easy and saw several pink jeeps along the way. Spent the second half of the day at Slide Rock which was pretty cool. Ate dinner that night at Colt Grill which was across the street from our hotel. This is a BBQ place with giant smokers out front. You have to order from a window, not like a traditional restaurant. Great BBQ and great service. They got our party of 14 set up quick with a table even though they were packed.

Next day we headed to Devil's Bridge. Thank God we were in the Jeeps and were able to go beyond the "gatekeeper" all the way to the trailhead. We hiked to the top, however the picture line was 2 hours so I just enjoyed a beer and the view and headed back down. After this we headed to Diamond Back Gulch trail. Pretty easy at first, but then got into some decent rocky descents and hills. We were able to find a rocky offshoot that dead ended, but it was a blast testing our Jeeps.

Sad that we only spend 2 days exploring. I will definitely will make the next trip longer and would love to golf there too!
Sedona 5.jpg

Sedona 6.jpg

Sedona 2.jpg

Sedona 3.jpg

Sedona 4.jpg

Sedona.jpg

Sedona 1.jpg