WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Selling a boat in AZ

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
May have a buyer. Do I just sign over the registration card or do I need a bill of sale? Last minute thing I’m going to trying to do on the fly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rbcconst

Reaction score
Is it registered in AZ? Definitely need a bill of sale. There is also a release of liability on the current registration card I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cdog

Reaction score
Bill of sale there is no title in Arizona for the boat but there is a title for the trailer . Fish and game has a signature recognition program where they check the signature on the bill of sale from the seller .

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Sign the registration card and if there’s a second party on the registration make sure you both sign it. Also a bill of sale (duplicate or do two) for you and new owner.
Most importantly make sure on your copy you sell for 1$ so that California doesn’t try and take it all

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I learned last year the complications of not having both parties sign it. The guy i bought my boat from signed his portion of the card but his wife didn’t and she as well was named on the registration, so had to mail it to them have her sign then have them mail it back.