WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Selling the lake house!

the510

Reaction score
Looks like I’m pulling a Shinto. Put my primary home and the river house on the market. Going to try and consolidate and buy a nice home close to my parents and in-laws. Bitter sweet, but the silver lining is we can travel more with the kiddos and enjoy the family somewhere other than Havasu. Not getting out of boating. I’m definitely keeping the Howard for now. I look forward to taking her to Tahoe, Powell and many more beautiful lakes.

If anyone is interested in a beautiful family home or knows of someone who is please DM me. Let’s see how the power of RDP works!

Carlo

gqchris

Reaction score
Looks like I’m pulling a Shinto. Put my primary home and the river house on the market. Going to try and consolidate and buy a nice home close to my parents and in-laws. Bitter sweet, but the silver lining is we can travel more with the kiddos and enjoy the family somewhere other than Havasu. Not getting out of boating. I’m definitely keeping the Howard for now. I look forward to taking her to Tahoe, Powell and many more beautiful lakes.

If anyone is interested in a beautiful family home or knows of someone who is please DM me. Let’s see how the power of RDP works!

Carlo

Well the power of RDP will be Dave telling you to list your house with him!

He has to finance all of his new toys somehow:)

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Congrats. There's a whole other world out there. Go and explore it with your kids before they leave the house. Lake Havasu will always be there but your kids will move out some day. You can buy another house in Havasu when you have grand kids and start over again.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Of all people to say that. Now I have the Aladdin song in my head. :D

And my kids watched it for the first time last Friday.

:D

shintoooo.jpg

HavaToon

Reaction score
Just did this exact thing ourselves, we officially close this Friday. Of to the woods to stay cool for the holiday weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Carlo

Good luck with the new adventures.

How are you pulling a Shintooooooo if you are KEEPING the Howard? :)

To your point, my kids are still young and we just got back from a week in Maui. It was fun but we knew it would be a lot of work.

This will change in the future I’m sure, but the simplicity of the Havasu program really works for our family right now while the kids are young.

Last edited:
Reactions: DWC

Let It Ride

Reaction score
Where is your River house located and how much you asking? Pics?

the510

Reaction score
Thanks! I’ll post some pics. Just lowered the price to 415K.

1420 Catherine Dr.
LHC, AZ 86404

brgrcru

Reaction score
Having done this over 20 years ago. Getting rid of our trailer at the river. Echo lodge. When kids were young .
We then bought a Moho. Never sold boats.
Kids were playing travel ball.
So weekends were always full of sports . Should of not even owned a Home those years. As we were never at the house.
The rv went everywhere, without the boat. Mountains , Beaches , Texas Oregon. Canada ,North Carolina, Florida, all over the country .It also pulled one of the boats to all the different lakes in the west When we had a chance to escape from work and club sports.
weekday boating and skiing . Most of the time.
As the kids left the house . We never went back . To a place at the river.

the510

Reaction score
Having done this over 20 years ago. Getting rid of our trailer at the river. Echo lodge. When kids were young .
We then bought a Moho. Never sold boats.
Kids were playing travel ball.
So weekends were always full of sports . Should of not even owned a Home those years. As we were never at the house.
The rv went everywhere, without the boat. Mountains , Beaches , Texas Oregon. Canada ,North Carolina, Florida, all over the country .It also pulled one of the boats to all the different lakes in the west When we had a chance to escape from work and club sports.
weekday boating and skiing . Most of the time.
As the kids left the house . We never went back . To a place at the river.
This is exactly our life!

Tank

Reaction score
I get selling the house. I'm sure having a house there, you're kind've obligated to go there on vacation since you have a house waiting for you. We're in the "same boat" with our place in Hawaii. I've actually never really been to any of the other islands because we own on the big island. But my wifes like, we need to hit other islands. So, I get that. I also get wanting to go experience other stuff with the kids. But I wouldn't sell the boat. Raising the kids on the boat is part of growing up and having good family quality time too. Plus, you'll be able to go explore new lakes (Nacimiento, Shasta, Powell, Mead, etc). And you'll still be able to do those non boating trips with the kids to the national parks, Hawaii, florida, etc.

We bought another boat because I want our kids raised around owning a boat and boating. We still go on other trips with them (Did Yosemite N. Cal road trip a few months ago, Hawaii end of last year, Great Wolf Lodge, and still did a couple lake trips). Plus, you can ALWAYS go back to havasu and rent anytime for a lot less than owning that house. ;)

the510

Reaction score
I get selling the house. I'm sure having a house there, you're kind've obligated to go there on vacation since you have a house waiting for you. We're in the "same boat" with our place in Hawaii. I've actually never really been to any of the other islands because we own on the big island. But my wifes like, we need to hit other islands. So, I get that. I also get wanting to go experience other stuff with the kids. But I wouldn't sell the boat. Raising the kids on the boat is part of growing up and having good family quality time too. Plus, you'll be able to go explore new lakes (Nacimiento, Shasta, Powell, Mead, etc). And you'll still be able to do those non boating trips with the kids to the national parks, Hawaii, florida, etc.

We bought another boat because I want our kids raised around owning a boat and boating. We still go on other trips with them (Did Yosemite N. Cal road trip a few months ago, Hawaii end of last year, Great Wolf Lodge, and still did a couple lake trips). Plus, you can ALWAYS go back to havasu and rent anytime for a lot less than owning that house. ;)

Exactly! My sons smiling face when he hears the boat fire up is enough to keep it!

Singleton

Reaction score
This was the reason we did not purchase in Havasu and got a ToyHauler instead.
Wife did not want all our vacations to be Havasu. We kept the boat, but the number of Havasu trips have gone down to 5-7 a year and other trips (camping, visiting family in Midwest, etc) were added to the calendar.

Do I miss the 10-12 Havasu trips a year (yes), but we are having a blast doing others things. Not selling the boat (it has crossed my mind), but my daughters loves going to the lake. Added bonus, with the 2 older kids out of the house (1 in Denver out of college, the other just starting UofHawaii), we finally get to boat Havasu in Oct and Nov!

Program will be adjusted when daughter gets more into sports and weekends gets filled again. Currently she only has 1 swim meet a month and beach volleyball is during the week.