WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

SEMA Canceled

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
The shoulder to shoulder crowds full of Chinese technology thieves and copycats, can’t say I didn’t see that coming. For smaller companies, it may not be a bad thing. Tons of money spent to display and if sales are down from Covid, it may be a blessing in disguise. My dad was president of SEMA for 25 years and said it was going to be a liability nightmare if they went forward. “Enter at your own risk” does not go far in the courts.

Singleton

Reaction score
I don’t see any large conferences until Feb 2021
Big part of my side gig was speaking quarterly at compliance / security conferences.
All my fall conferences went virtual and no commitments for Jan - March 2021

rrrr

Reaction score
I haven't seen any mention of it on RDP, but yesterday it was announced the Indy 500 will be run on August 23rd without fans present. They had planned for 50% fans, then 25%, but finally threw in the sponge.

That makes me think PRI is doubtful. Marion County is experiencing a surge in cases, and between the county board and the mayor of Indianapolis, they seem determined to close things down again.

the510

Reaction score
super sad.. I really wanted to go this year.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Figured it was headed that way, as mentioned before with sheer number of long distance and international travelers it was a long shot to keep it this year

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Havazoo

Reaction score
F..k'n China.jpeg

boatpi

Reaction score
EDC Has been canceled even on a second date this fall and I won’t be in till next year.

wallnutz

Reaction score
First year I was going to be able to go. Have comped rooms at Ceasers . Had my passes all worked out through my buddies body shop FML.

wallnutz

Reaction score
I haven't seen any mention of it on RDP, but yesterday it was announced the Indy 500 will be run on August 23rd without fans present. They had planned for 50% fans, then 25%, but finally threw in the sponge.

That makes me think PRI is doubtful. Marion County is experiencing a surge in cases, and between the county board and the mayor of Indianapolis, they seem determined to close things down again.
That sucks, some friends have season seats at Indy for every race they do there all year. They have had them for 40 years in the family.They were planning on going and taking their whole family. Grandparents are getting old and could very well be the last time. Feel bad for them, they have RV’s rented and ready to drive so the could stay away from crowds.

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
@ChumpChange beat me to it hahaha fake but well written!

Have y’all ever seen the forklift guys tear down the convention center after SEMA? Now that’s a show to watch!

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
EDC Has been canceled even on a second date this fall and I won’t be in till next year.
My wife told me that yesterday and is bummed it's on our anniversary when we're booked on a tropical island. 😊

Nordie

Reaction score
Vegas is so fucked right now. It's going to take a while for the recovery. These big conventions canceling is a huge blow to Vegas.