WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Serial Number- UTL

Water Romper

Reaction score
I cant find the serial number on my outboard, Looked in the "normal places" right side near the front, On the motor, nothing. Any ideas?
Its an older 1992 250 Blk Max, stock.

Fun Times

Moderated
Reaction score
A "Welch Plug" ?? ok, Ill have a look today. Thanks
Welch plug, core plug, freeze plug, they're all the pretty much the same thing and come in many different sizes...At least Mercury labeled them as Welch plugs when searching for new ones in the parts lookup guide, etc...
Here’s an example for you if interested, Sierra Welch Plug For Mercury Marine Engine, Sierra Part #18-4272
Item No. 319340

Sierra Welch Plug For Mercury Marine Engine, Sierra Part #18-4272

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
You may be able to locate the Merc serial number on one of the engines Welch Plugs like seen in the following guide, How to Find Your Mercury Marine Outboard Motor Serial Number Number | PerfProTech.com
Welch plug, core plug, freeze plug, they're all the pretty much the same thing and come in many different sizes...At least Mercury labeled them as Welch plugs when searching for new ones in the parts lookup guide, etc...
Here’s an example for you if interested, Sierra Welch Plug For Mercury Marine Engine, Sierra Part #18-4272
Item No. 319340

Sierra Welch Plug For Mercury Marine Engine, Sierra Part #18-4272

A "Welch Plug" ?? ok, Ill have a look today. Thanks

Yeah, Freeze plug on top of the port side cylinder bank. At least that's where mine is on my '83 2.4l. The serial number plate on my transom bracket is missing too.