WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Serious question for the union guys on here.

5oclocksomewhere

Reaction score
What’s going on inside your unions right now? Unions are know for backing Democratic candidate. Are the Unions gonna back Sanders if he gets the ticket or are they gonna go with Trump? This is a serious question. I’m courious of what’s being talked about in the union/union halls? Not looking for opinions of guys who are not in the unions but actual talk inside the unions.

thanks

wzuber

Reaction score
What’s going on inside your unions right now? Unions are know for backing Democratic candidate. Are the Unions gonna back Sanders if he gets the ticket or are they gonna go with Trump? This is a serious question. I’m courious of what’s being talked about in the union/union halls? Not looking for opinions of guys who are not in the unions but actual talk inside the unions.

thanks

Have you heard tom styers commercials? they state in them he's backed by unioins. which ones specifically is not stated.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Are you asking for public sector or private sector? Not that it will make much difference.
I’m private. And been a R since I could register. And would say most are staunch D.
I do not. I can not see myself supporting what the Ds support. I know Trump is not necessarily union friendly but I’ll take my chances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

thanks
A little early for any endorsements in my union. Still to many candidates. State and local elections get more attention IMO, I can say the So Cal Building Trades isn’t to happy with Newsom lately..lol

5oclocksomewhere

Reaction score
Yes but what Trump has done for the economy and the job market I’m sure the powers that be in the unions gotta see this and has to be good for the unions. They gotta know Sanders would crash the economy and start killing jobs in no time. This is why I’m curious of real talk inside the unions and what they see.

5oclocksomewhere

Reaction score
A little early for any endorsements in my union. Still to many candidates. State and local elections get more attention IMO,

I could see unions backing Bloomberg but I can’t imagine sanders.

RodnJen

Reaction score
Yes but what Trump has done for the economy and the job market I’m sure the powers that be in the unions gotta see this and has to be good for the unions. They gotta know Sanders would crash the economy and start killing jobs in no time. This is why I’m curious of real talk inside the unions and what they see.

What exactly has Trump done for the economy and jobs?

5oclocksomewhere

Reaction score

come on Rod if you don’t see it there’s no point in getting into to it. Besides I don’t want to turn this thread into a shit show. Just curious of how the unions are viewing the race so far.

RodnJen

Reaction score
come on Rod if you don’t see it there’s no point in getting into to it. Besides I don’t want to turn this thread into a shit show. Just curious of how the unions are viewing the race so far.

Me too. My answer to that is follow the money.

RodnJen

Reaction score
They support who will legislate in their best interest, just like citizens united.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
At the end of each year we get a report on hours worked. We have seen the same number of hours worked over the last 7-8 years. Not sure Bernie would slow down what Obama had got going. IMO.

Nordie

Reaction score
I know my union has already decided to back Biden, the teachers union has decided to back Bernie, and the culinary union has decided to back none of the democratic candidates.

Even though I'm union and my union is backing Biden, I'm still voting Trump, as with most of my peers...

5oclocksomewhere

Reaction score
I know my union has already decided to back Biden, the teachers union has decided to back Bernie, and the culinary union has decided to back none of the democratic candidates.

Even though I'm union and my union is backing Biden, I'm still voting Trump, as with most of my peers...

Yah I could see the unions backing the democratic candidate as they historically do except Sanders.

Nordie

Reaction score
Yah I could see the unions backing the democratic candidate as they historically do except Sanders.

It's almost forced on union workers to be Democrats, they always say things like "vote Democrat because our union will be gone tomorrow if a Republican gets in office". It's never the case, either party could give 2 shits about us small privately funded unions.

I think the Democrats love it, because they get to fill up their pockets from union donations and spew some stuff about how they stick up for us. It's really some twisted fucked up shit if you think about it.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Well contrary to what some of the haters on here will preach, my union has not said squat about who they are backing. Too busy fighting Cali trying to decriminalize everything. Not that it matters, but I don't know one of my partners that would vote for any of the Libturd candidates, and I can't recall ever being told to vote one way or another. We deal with real world shit, not political bullshit. That is going to be real hard for some In here to swallow but oh well. You either know the reality or you don't.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I'm surprised that my local union hasn't said anything yet. They used to be more vocal in previous elections. It's possible they were getting complaints. :) I'm in the IATSE Local 600 camera union.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score

I don't know if you want to blame this on Trump, but the local hall here is short journeyman and apprentices.

It's "so bad" they have stopped harassing the non-union contractors.

If you can fog a mirror you can get hired right now.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I'm surprised that my local union hasn't said anything yet. They used to be more vocal in previous elections. It's possible they were getting complaints. :) I'm in the IATSE Local 600 camera union.

I think it’s a given. Are you in any of the Facebook groups for IATSE. Just reading the post you know which way most lean. Local 700 here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
My union backed Biden months ago. I stated in here that a lot of members were pretty pissed off. “We”/“They” didn’t back anyone in the last election. I’d say that if Bernie gets the D nod, my union will not back him. Who my union supports has never had one ounce of influence on who I vote for.

RodnJen

Reaction score
I don't know if you want to blame this on Trump, but the local hall here is short journeyman and apprentices.

It's "so bad" they have stopped harassing the non-union contractors.

If you can fog a mirror you can get hired right now.

It’s been heading that direction for awhile. Awhile in this case means long before Trump.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
It’s been heading that direction for awhile. Awhile in this case means long before Trump.

Well, the fact of the matter is the guy sitting behind the big desk today gets the credit, good or bad.

SNiC Jet

Reaction score

Absolutely fuckin amazing!!!!....At a town hall in June 2016, President Obama famously said that some manufacturing jobs “are just not going to come back.” He went on to mock then-candidate Trump by saying he’d need a “magic wand” to make good on this manufacturing job promises.

Obama himself admitted he could not get many of the manufacturing job to come back...President Trump "made good" and did just that, record unemployment and manufacturing continues to return......and NOW you go so far as to disagree with Obama's stated position in 2016 as POTUS and grant him the credit that he himself admitted he could not do....and he also stated that 2% GDP is our new norm.

Do you have any idea as to how foolish this make you look? Do you honestly believe this shit? Only one logical conclusion....

1583201717224.png

Last edited: