WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT ON THE HOWARD/MARKO DEAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

PVHCA

Reaction score
Since I was the one that told my step kid Bobby to take the cash deal and my morals were called into question by certain friends I felt it necessary to tell the full story of how this deal went down.

Marko and Bobby did agree on a price of $26K for the boat, Marko did text a pic of the CC, BUT Marko left out one very important detail, and I quote, "I'm not 100% on buying the boat".

Bobby called me to discuss the options he was facing, stick with the maybe done deal or accept a full CASH offer from another guy, a Parker guy. This guy was coming that evening(Friday) with cash. I asked Bobby if Marko had left him a deposit, if so then stick to it, no deposit left. I advised him to take the for sure deal and hey it's another $2K as well. Bobby has sold MANY items over the years and without issues like this, as I advised him, continue what you do, it's served you well.

So now we get Marko calling him out and bashing him over a boat, Bobby isn't going to waste his time on this but I am. Bobby could have told Marko some made up BS about not doing that deal but told him the truth straight up, explained to Marko why he did it, the uncertainty was bothering Bobby since he had already put a large deposit down on another boat. I have the text from Marko threatening him and calling him out for a fight, morals were brought into question on Markos thread, seems to me morals should have never been mentioned in this case, kinda hypocritical IMO.

It's a boat Marko, get over it, move on and buy another. RDP guys that joined in on the bash, is this the first time you have seen someone lose out on a deal? To the member that suggested a law suit, that's comical, no contract, no agreement no NADA. Not sure Bobby ever offered Marko money for his troubles, he had suggested he was going to and I promptly shot that idea down as well, explaining that wasn't necessary.

When feeling get hurt enough to trash someone over a boat it makes me think how our society has sunk, no deal was broken, no words were broken, just a better for sure deal came along, nothing more.

No need for anymore bashing, there are plenty of boats out there to buy, move on and enjoy the summer.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
True. Just a boat. To drag someone through the mud.... for what??? I've heard of other members having trouble with ole Marko on here.

hallett21

Reaction score
Bottom line is it’s the seller’s boat to sell. To who ever or however they want. The maturity of some people’s posts are shocking to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PVHCA

Reaction score
I didn't realize the bashing continued in the classified section, too bad, guess texts should be taken differently then they are typed.

hallett21

Reaction score
Which dock are we meeting at?!

The whole thing is a joke lol. RDP classifieds are there to present an item for sale and a means of contacting the seller.

From there do your own diligence. What good does it do for either party to put them on blast? We’re all dumber for reading it.

Sure wish everyone would get back to posting boating pics, custom builds, and asking cool boating questions.

Last edited:

Your ad here

Reaction score
If you really want something as a buyer never give the seller a hint of hesitation or doubt you may change your mind, even if it's a joke. Sometimes as a seller there is pressure (time) to move an item and you have to take the first solid deal.

CobraDave

Reaction score
Marko wanted to fight over this? That’s ridiculous.

NicPaus

Reaction score
He should of never posted "Sold to a OG Member ". Sale pending would of been more appropriate in this situation.

Marko

BIG member
Reaction score
Ok... first of you were not involved in our conversation, second of all we NEVER agreed on 26k, don't know where he came up with that, third, I NEVER threatened him, actually if you read it HE threatened me! Also I never said I wasn't 100% sure about buying the boat, instead I actually told him the opposite, " if it starts and floats I'll take it"! You guys can spin this anyway you want to save face but the bottom line is we made a deal over the phone, he told me the boat was sold to me and even posted it in the ad! You, unfortunately are hearing his story second hand and believe me ...it's bullshit. Bottom line is he had his dick in the wringer cause he put money down on another boat and just sold it out from under me for more money. If that's ok in your world well that tell's me a lot about you also. Don't care about the boat anymore just calling out a douchebag for having no integrity or morals.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Cash talks... Most any credit union will set up an escrow, and there are online services for it also.

Buyer and seller agree on deal, buyer puts money in escrow account. Once the paper work is signed seller gets money. It's the easiest way to do a long distance deal.

Last time I did this it cost me a few hundred dollars, a fraction of the total transaction price. Checks and all the BS are to easy to walk away from and/or get cancelled.

PVHCA

Reaction score
Ok... first of you were not involved in our conversation, second of all we NEVER agreed on 26k, don't know where he came up with that, third, I NEVER threatened him, actually if you read it HE threatened me! Also I never said I wasn't 100% sure about buying the boat, instead I actually told him the opposite, " if it starts and floats I'll take it"! You guys can spin this anyway you want to save face but the bottom line is we made a deal over the phone, he told me the boat was sold to me and even posted it in the ad! You, unfortunately are hearing his story second hand and believe me ...it's bullshit. Bottom line is he had his dick in the wringer cause he put money down on another boat and just sold it out from under me for more money. If that's ok in your world well that tell's me a lot about you also. Don't care about the boat anymore just calling out a douchebag for having no integrity or morals.

Really? So the texts I have are made up where you threatened to kick his ass and his response to you was, I'll be in Needles next weekend. No need to save face, it's sold to someone with cash, as for hearing it 2nd hand, nope read all the text, can't spin that. As for his dick in the ringer, nope, $2K more didn't make the difference, your uncertainty wrecked the deal.

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
BUT Marko left out one very important detail, and I quote, "I'm not 100% on buying the boat.
............... I would have to somewhat agree if the potential buyer told me they weren’t 100% committed to the deal, then I guess there is no deal , no deposit, no agreement, time to move on.

Marko

BIG member
Reaction score
You guys are hilarious! His brother sticks up for him naturally and fill sticks up for him naturally cuz Phil's dating his mother!.
Show me the text where I ever threatened to kick his ass. I believe there was one response to his threat that he wanted to meet me somewhere to kick my ass

hallett21

Reaction score
IMG_0140.JPG

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
What I've learned from this thread so far: Never sell a boat to Marko, Bobby, PVHCA, Fill, Phil, or Bobby's mother. Okay, back to work now.

Wrong. The lesson you should have picked up is that boat purchase offers are only good at BBQs when Vic is there :)

PVHCA

Reaction score
You guys are hilarious! His brother sticks up for him naturally and fill sticks up for him naturally cuz Phil's dating his mother!.
Show me the text where I ever threatened to kick his ass. I believe there was one response to his threat that he wanted to meet me somewhere to kick my ass

Marko, my error, $24K, not $26K, hit the wrong number key. I have your text on my phone

Let me correct my errors, the deal was for $24K not $26K, I didn't realize I hit the 6 key, Marko did not send a text threatening to beat his ass, he made a comment about beating his ass in the classifieds, I received that as a text and thought it was a text.

PVHCA

Reaction score
As an outsider in all of this, it looks to me like Marko had a deal "first" which should should have been honored. JMO

For sure, had he been for sure but his uncertainty was what bothered the seller.

CobraDave

Reaction score
People have two versions. Call me an A hole and moral-less, if I am selling a boat and a buyernwanted to come look at it in a few days and had a cashiers check. I would welcome the visit. If I got another call for a guy to come right now with cash for two grand more, that guy is gonna get the boat. I don’t owe anyone anything.

Now, if I have a buyer with that check had to buy a plane ticket, is on the road already to get it, or something along those lines, I would wait for him.

This thread is silly. Marko you need to grow up. The boat was not yours. You were not entitled to it. Shit happens. Time to log back into boat trader. You can’t get so worked up on things like this.

Floatin'

Lurker Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Marko, my error, $24K, not $26K, hit the wrong number key. I have your text on my phone

Let me correct my errors, the deal was for $24K not $26K, I didn't realize I hit the 6 key, Marko did not send a text threatening to beat his ass, he made a comment about beating his ass in the classifieds, I received that as a text and thought it was a text.

Strikes 1 and 2 against your credibility.
Pro Tip.. Get your facts straight before posting

PVHCA

Reaction score

Not at all, Marko's uncertainty made the difference, 1st thing I asked Bobby was if Marko had a deposit, when he said NO I advised him to take the for sure cash deal for more money.

JDKRXW

Reaction score
3 things need to happen for a contract for sale to be valid.
Offer, which Marco did here. Acceptance which Bobby did here.
Consideration, which Marco didn't do here.

My kids don't know what cash is.....everything, including borrowing and paying back $5 from a friend is done by etransfer on their phones.
Marco, you should have etransferred a $100 (consideration) to Bobby when you made the deal and you'd have the boat because he'd have been required to hold it for an adreed upon time for you to come and get it.

PVHCA

Reaction score
Strikes 1 and 2 against your credibility.
Pro Tip.. Get your facts straight before posting

Not worried about your opinion of my credibility. I hit the wrong key and received the ass kicking comment as a text, I explained that and that's that

JDKRXW

Reaction score
Not at all, Marko's uncertainty made the difference, 1st thing I asked Bobby was if Marko had a deposit, when he said NO I advised him to take the for sure cash deal for more money.

You and I were posting about the deposit at the same time :)

PVHCA

Reaction score
3 things need to happen for a contract for sale to be valid.
Offer, which Marco did here. Acceptance which Bobby did here.
Consideration, which Marco didn't do here.

My kids don't know what cash is.....everything, including borrowing and paying back $5 from a friend is done by etransfer on their phones.
Marco, you should have etransferred a $100 (consideration) to Bobby when you made the deal and you'd have the boat because he'd have been required to hold it for an adreed upon time for you to come and get it.

I also believe things should have been done differently and it sucks it's gotten to this over a boat, one day we all sit and have a beer and maybe laugh about it.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
All this is blown WAY outta porportion but, hell, I'll thrown in my 2 cents.

Phil's step-son was in the wrong for doing what he did but for HOW he did it. If there was in fact doubt from Marko then the seller should have clarified with Marko before entertaining other offers since he had already seen the cashier's check made out. To me, and I think MANY of us out here, if you have an agreement like that set-up WITHOUT any statements by the seller of "whoever shows up first with cash", that agreement should be honored. PERIOD.

Ok, now this thread can be locked down too...

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.