WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT ON THE HOWARD/MARKO DEAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

PVHCA

Reaction score
Same goes for Bobby and myself but probably more so, never once have we had deal like this over something so petty as feelings getting hurt.

Yeah because obviously you didn't deal with a douche like Bobby. Most out there wouldn't pull that crap.[/QUOTE]

in the future don't be uncertain, and this won't happen.

Marko

BIG member
Reaction score
It's called a purchase option.
It's for sale for $10,000.
You buy a purchase option from me for $500.
For a specific amount Of time.
You give me $500 to buy my vehicle purchase option. You have 4 days to come up with $9,500. It's not a down payment. It expires in 4 days, you lose your $500.

I agree...he didn't ask for one, said it was sold....to me.

riverroyal

Reaction score
So this is the used boat market. Fuck that.
Ziggy, $96000 and I won’t accept any other offers. I promise

Mike Honcho

Reaction score
If money wasn't the issue then why doesn't the seller toss a grand to Marko to save face, then he is splitting the difference for both of them. Seems there is allot of blanks to fill in. Also why is the Seller MIA why can't he defend himself too afraid he will get eaten by the sharks? LOL

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
39665485_2143438929063371_1785740530005573632_n.jpg

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
If money wasn't the issue then why doesn't the seller toss a grand to Marko to save face, then he is splitting the difference for both of them. Seems there is allot of blanks to fill in. Also why is the Seller MIA why can't he defend himself too afraid he will get eaten by the sharks? LOL

I think I’m beginning to identify a possible internet revenue stream.
Make low offers on boats with a 1-2 week lag, then split margin with seller when a buyer pony’s up more in cash.
If they don’t offer me half the difference in sale price, I give them an internet bashing.
If it doesn’t sell I don’t lose a thing, I just don’t buy the boat.
I could do it for every boat for sale on line simultaneously.
Even if I only capitalize on 5% of boats I’d still retire.

Last edited:

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
So this is the used boat market. Fuck that.
Ziggy, $96000 and I won’t accept any other offers. I promise
I'll come check it out and see if it goes down when I get there next Thursday .
Here's the check.
Screenshot_20190617-115823_Chrome.jpg

PVHCA

Reaction score

He offered him $500.00 for his troubles, even though I told him not too. Now Marko is saying he offered to have the new owner send him $500, it's unreal but true in his eyes.

Your ad here

Reaction score
This thread and ones like it are pointless on RDP and what would it accomplish? Sure the boat was listed here but it's sold and gone. If there is a problem, that is between seller and buyer or potential buyers, not an RDP problem. They have each others contact information to hash it out. I'm sure both are good guys but only they know the truth. All they have done is bitch about a boat that is now gone and not coming back and given themselves special titles. Leave the new owner out of it as this is a problem between the seller and Marko.

j21black

Reaction score
This is the entire reason I read forum pages.......
How do you get screwed when your out nothing and it wasn't a done deal?

Well apparently he took time out to go have a cashiers cash made out. I'd be pissed off to.

My time is worth something to me.

Not to mention now I have to dick around and get the money moved back into my account.

Last truck I sold. Made a deal with some kid. Guys calls me 2 hours later offering me full asking price. I told him I'd call him if the kid couldn't close. A deal is a deal. Honor it....

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
To late to fix this mess now but in the future for those who are "morally challenged", the seller should have simply texted or better yet, called Marko and told him, "Look, I got a cash buyer that wants to come over now. I need to know if you are 100% committed to this purchase.".

The other option would to have been upfront about it from the beginning and told Marko, "Sorry but I can't hold the boat for anyone. First guy here with cash in hand gets the boat".

I had a car for sale and the buyer backed out at the last minute but slid me $300 for my troubles. That is a stand up guy. In this case, I agree that the seller should offer Marko $1K for his troubles as he got an extra $2K that he didn't expect.

As it is now, in my opinion the seller simply opted for the extra bucks over honoring Marko's deal. I guess the big question for the seller is, what is your reputation worth?

TrollerDave

Reaction score
Thanks for the lesson on how to buy/sell.

1. Make sure insure is paid up.
2. Buy a gallon of gas and matches.

PVHCA

Reaction score
This is the entire reason I read forum pages.......

Well apparently he took time out to go have a cashiers cash made out. I'd be pissed off to.

My time is worth something to me.

Not to mention now I have to dick around and get the money moved back into my account.

Last truck I sold. Made a deal with some kid. Guys calls me 2 hours later offering me full asking price. I told him I'd call him if the kid couldn't close. A deal is a deal. Honor it....

I've explained enough times how Marko was not 100% on the purchase and he was also offered $500.00 for his troubles.

PVHCA

Reaction score
To late to fix this mess now but in the future for those who are "morally challenged", the seller should have simply texted or better yet, called Marko and told him, "Look, I got a cash buyer that wants to come over now. I need to know if you are 100% committed to this purchase.".

The other option would to have been upfront about it from the beginning and told Marko, "Sorry but I can't hold the boat for anyone. First guy here with cash in hand gets the boat".

I had a car for sale and the buyer backed out at the last minute but slid me $300 for my troubles. That is a stand up guy. In this case, I agree that the seller should offer Marko $1K for his troubles as he got an extra $2K that he didn't expect.

As it is now, in my opinion the seller simply opted for the extra bucks over honoring Marko's deal. I guess the big question for the seller is, what is your reputation worth?

and Bobby offered him $500.00 for his troubles, even though I suggested he don't.

PVHCA

Reaction score
Feel free to lock away Shintoo, shitty deal all around and like I said, hoping one day we meet up for some beers, if not no big deal.

JD D05

Reaction score
Feel free to lock away Shintoo, shitty deal all around and like I said, hoping one day we meet up for some beers, if not no big deal.

Shintoo only drinks fancy umbrella drinks fyi

Backlash

Reaction score

Apparently $2,000. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.