WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Shining Up SS Fenders

shunter2005

Reaction score
What does everyone use on their SS fenders to clean them up? Soap/water? Wax? I know I can buff them if necessary, but they just need a good clean up after installation. I used dab of Liquid Lustre car wax on a very small spot to test and it did great. What is out there to use on SS fenders?

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I’d say regular maintenance spray good with hose to get all sand off, then dry with clean towel chase it with some windex and a soft paper towel.

When in need use a spray wax or take to next level and polish them.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Meguiar's Hot Rims Metal Polish. Clean the fenders first and then go to town with the Meguiars. I almost used a random orbital buffer because I have one but because its such a small surface area I just put it on manually. Then just follow that up with a spray wax (ie Meguiar's Spray Detailer).

Mike K

Reaction score
Stainless steel fenders scratch ... once their scratched ... their scratched ... most importantly ... before you even think about running a cloth over them to wipe them down ... make sure you use a Quik Detailer on them first ... it acts like a lubricant on the steel so you can wipe off the fender without microscopically scratchimg the fenders ... it’s the long term wiping that scratches the steel ... same with plastic windscreens/shields.