WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Shipping A Pallet Of Wheels & Tires - How & Where?

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I've got a set of wheels and tires from my late BMW for sale on the BMW forum and was really hoping that someone local would buy them, but someone in Manhattan, Kansas is interested. Where do I go to get a cost and have these shipped? I know USPS, FedEx, or UPS would eat me alive.

shunter2005

Reaction score
Motor Freight line. SAIA or one of those. I was going to ship two semi-large stereo speakers from Henderson to Houston and it was going to cost me $190 or so. Also, check with Fastenal. They will ship from one of their stores to a store nearest to Manhattan. You have to palletize and wrap it yourself, but they will ship. I used them once and they were reasonable and on time.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Put out a call on YouShip. people headed that way will start throwing you quotes.

If it were me, I'd tell the guy ill pallet it up and secure it for him but he's responsible for finding a shipper

Cole Brewed

Reaction score
I have ordered wheels with mounted tires online and always delivered UPS ground. I have never used them, but I have heard Fastenal will ship your prepared pallet. I see above others are on the same page.....

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
You wrap the wheel/tire individually and ship them UPS. I have ordered and received mounted wheels and tires this way.

Reactions: DLC

warlock250

Reaction score
In phx I shipped 6 wheels and tires for a Dually through a place called Forward Air and it was reasonable.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
greyhound. they throw em under a bus. cheap as hell you just have to make sure someone picks it up on the other end. ive shipped all kinds of heavy stuff on busses. transmissions, engine blocks, etc.

DLC

Reaction score
I just got 2 tires for the can am shrink wrapped from fed ex...

Shrink wrap and then clear tape the crap out of em!