WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Shipping Boxes

PVHCA

Reaction score
I need a hook-up on shipping boxes for wheel covers, need specific sizes since FEDEX/UPS has gone to dimensional weight.

Call me at 909-982-9955

Thanks-Phil

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
Are you paying list or are you getting discounts. List on boxes I just compared off their website are more than Uline.

Nobody pays list. That's like paying UPS full price. I also will call everything... :thumbup:

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
I need a hook-up on shipping boxes for wheel covers, need specific sizes since FEDEX/UPS has gone to dimensional weight.

Call me at 909-982-9955

Thanks-Phil

First when determining box sizes for your light weight items it makes some sense to do a few calculations first. No need to order a thousand different box sizes when a couple standard ones will work. Dim weight is simple in that it's the greater of actual weight or dim weight that is charged. Remember actual weight is rounded up to the next whole pound. Dim weight for ground domestic is LxWxH divided by 166. If it's the same or less don't bother with different size boxes. If it's even close then maybe consider too. Not every box is checked. The bulky boxes are put through the scanners or boxes that seem extremely light for their size. So they only catch so many and it's only if they constantly catch them that you'll get a visit. Now also beware of the cost of your packing material if you have so much void you are spending a ton of money on bubble or Kraft paper or whatever as filler.

Okay with that said yes Uline and Landsberg are silly expensive overall. Boxes aren't bad at Uline and they run sales but everything else is super high priced. Service is awesome and they have anything you could imagine though. Landsberg often delivers boxes you order elsewhere but the distributors are buying in bulk and having it drops hipped. Economies of scale.

Call Connie from Empire Distributors. 909-322-1286. Tell her Jason sent you. They are in Rancho and delivery is free and next day if you order early enough. She will work with you on pricing. Just compare and talk to her about it. Boxes might only be a couple pennies cheaper than Uline but it adds up in volume. Everything else will be 20-30% cheaper.

Now Connie is this little old overbearing lady. Gotta earn you about that but the cost savings is worth it. Just don't tell her I said this part.

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
Nobody pays list. That's like paying UPS full price. I also will call everything... :thumbup:

For sure. Just making sure. Some places such as Uline don't offer discounts. But hey since they charge so much you can order free junk with every order.

Some of the games these guys play are a joke too. I understand order minimums but don't quote me crap to win the business and then let me find out I had to order a trillion boxes to get that. Connie never pulled that garbage with me and the prices were always the lowest or were lowered after I found them cheaper elsewhere.

SKIA36

Reaction score
Call Pat Murphy, he is an RDP guy

Pat_Murphy

Reaction score

Call me at 909-982-9955

Thanks-Phil

Phil I am out of town this week but I will stop in next week and hook you up...finally someone that needs the crap I sell.

Brian

Reaction score
I'm not in the mail order business as heavy as I was a few years ago, but we used Inland Paper. We also did a stint with Pak-West. Inland Paper was easier to deal with, but Pak West has lower prices, but min quantities are higher.

Miller Supply, Uline, and all the others were just too much money. I would contact Inland Paper and see what they can do for you.

If you are looking for thousands of boxes at a time and want a custom box built, then I would call Pak West.

terb

Reaction score
You might try Paper Mart. Free delivery on orders over $300.00

Universal Elements

Reaction score
You might try Paper Mart. Free delivery on orders over $300.00

x2

They moved to Anaheim awhile back, no too far from IE if you need to pick up. Negotiate an account with prices. They have their own trucks deliver too.

Rexone

an ordinary American
Reaction score
Inland paper in Ontario. Unless you are buying pallets of one size they are a good as anyone I've found.

72Hondo

Reaction score
Here's a tip, visit an airport and talk with the guys who work on airplanes. They will get you in touch with the parts guys. The parts department just throws boxes away because there are too many. All kind of boxes, big small, foam filled, etc. depending on size of the shop they'll let you have a truck load.

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
Here's a tip, visit an airport and talk with the guys who work on airplanes. They will get you in touch with the parts guys. The parts department just throws boxes away because there are too many. All kind of boxes, big small, foam filled, etc. depending on size of the shop they'll let you have a truck load.

If anybody is still doing this they are not very smart. A truckload of corrugate is a few hundred bucks. Trash is a profit center when you have the volume to pull out recyclables. Yards come and drop a roll off for you and when it's full you call them. They come and swap it and weigh what you gave them and send you a check. It's as easy as throwing out the trash.