WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Shit is Happening Fast!!!

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
There are a lot of articles on it. In some cases people have been reinfected within days of recovering but it usually takes 2-3 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So they die from the virus multiple times?

Asking for a friend.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Starting to get nasty. Spoiler alert, it's not Trumps fault. hahahahahahahahahaha

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
Starting to get nasty. Spoiler alert, it's not Trumps fault. hahahahahahahahahaha

I think we need to quarantine all those inflicted with TDS too!

sirbob

Reaction score
I drove today from San Clemente to Santa Monica via the 405 - then to Pasadena via the 10 / 110 / 134 / 210 - then back down the 210 / 57 / 5 to San Clemente...

I never hit the brakes and barley saw anybody on the road - I seriously did not hit any traffic and kept finding my self going 85-90 without even realizing it. I had to force myself to slow down.

Weird!

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Any truth to moving to priority calls only LEOs?
I can't speak for every department, but I can tell you mine is basically saying use your common sense. In general we still respond to everything (unlike other departments) when called. What we have done is pulled personnel into the station to handle more reports over the phone, instead of sending a unit to each request. This creates a bit of a conundrum in regards to a thorough investigation, but it really isn't that far off from what some departments do as normal practice.

Crimes in progress, medical assist calls, or calls where the informant indicates over the phone there is recoverable evidence, we will still be rolling. We basically put some extra personal protection gear in our Sergeants vehicles and will request them if needed (generally tell them to stay the fuck away while we handle our calls).

JDKRXW

Reaction score
There are a lot of articles on it. In some cases people have been reinfected within days of recovering but it usually takes 2-3 weeks.

The artical you linked is NOT about catching the virus again.
It's about 2 things;
- False test results indicating someone is clear when in reality, they're not.
- Poor treatment, meaning sending people home from the hospital too soon.

Also, it hasn't been proven anywhere that antibodies to this virus are 'short lived' and all the reading I've done says they seem to follow the normal pattern of offering resistance.

There COULD be a problem if this virus mutates enough so that a person who's recovered gets the mutated version and has to fight a battle again ...... but this mutation could be what's needed to reduce the viruses 'virility' so everyone can fight it off.
This mutation to a less deadly form is what happened to the Spanish flu in around 1919, and this is why deaths from it went from huge numbers to virtually 0 in about a month.

[/URL]

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Not that anyone will listen. I’m glad he said it though.
IMG_2872.png

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
It is a bit comical how many opinions of "experts" on the tv or internet we have coming out of the woodwork.
With every media outlet digging for any person willing to give their professional opinion there is nothing that leads to any credibility, there is no consistency between any of them.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
All gyms in LA and all City gyms shut down at midnight tonight UFN.
We handle 3-4K calls for service every 24 hours in LA with an average of 650 Cops daily.
Will get interesting if we get a bunch of quarantined Cops.
All courts closed until further , only hearings for new arrests.
All Sworn in uniform till further , no firearms qualms. For the next two months.

DWC

Reaction score
We handle 3-4K calls for service every 24 hours in LA with an average of 650 Cops daily.
All Sworn in uniform till further , no firearms qualms. For the next two months.
No firearm qualms?

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Another issue, people have stolen all of the PPE from the hospitals. No gowns, masks, hand sanitizer. Distributors are trying to keep up. Lol whatta fucking joke.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Wonder how this will play out with the 72hr arraignments for the fresh bookings with the courts shut down. More video arraignments i guess

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

HotRod82

Reaction score
Serious question - The people who are actually dying from this virus, typically how long does it take? Given the panic and overall government response, shouldn't we have more than 50 dead by now? I spoke with a nurse from our local hospital here in SD and she said they have only 2 cases they are monitoring.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
It’s a bad respiratory flu. Those susceptible, figure 3 days to a week. If you’re young and in good health, expect it to act like a typical cold/flu. It’s easier to catch, that’s all. In heavy smoker populations (China, with air pollution, and Europe) expect a higher mortality rate. The lockdown is to prevent a large hospitalization. More people who contract this strain require ventilation- and we have a limited amount of beds for that type of patient. This is a knee jerk effect in response to the 3 countries who have been severely affected. The US will be fine. Even if all hell breaks loose, we are looking at a few hundred thousand deaths- mostly elderly and those in poor health. This is a media driven panic. I am more worried about the mass panic than the bug itself. Prepare for two months of panic and a return to normal.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
After being in South Central during the 92 riots I’d want to have everything available for the LEO to protect themselves. You all be safe out there!!!!
After doing work, and seeing some of what goes on in "The Jungle" as well as South Central, I believe the police should be allowed to carry anything they want. I'd be partial to a Krinkov...

yz450mm

Reaction score
This post troubles me. Since when does a mayor have the power to pick and choose what businesses can open their doors or stay closed? Obviously, I understand that the situation calls for certain measures, but is he going to pay the rent and payroll of the businesses he is shutting down?

The economic impact from service-based businesses not being able to operate for two weeks is huge, is that just a moot point?

Screenshot_20200316-020206_Instagram.jpg
20200316_021121.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Does this mean you can bust out bazookas and real machine guns?

LAPD , even with its bad overall accuracy, has more scheduled qualifications than any PD over 5k sworn.
It’s one more way to keep Cops in their area as it takes an hour or more to drive , qualify, then get back to handling calls as there are only 4 ranges for 9800 Cops.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
After doing work, and seeing some of what goes on in "The Jungle" as well as South Central, I believe the police should be allowed to carry anything they want. I'd be partial to a Krinkov...

With rifles since 98’, we as a Department haven’t been outgunned since No. Hollywood.
About 3k of 6k in patrol have rifles and another 1k have slug shotguns (Benelli’s and 870 slug guns). About 2k of us have both.
I carry 2k rounds in my truck with half of that in mags.
No North Hwd’s is a motto for many of us.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
This post troubles me. Since when does a mayor have the power to pick and choose what businesses can open their doors or stay closed? Obviously, I understand that the situation calls for certain measures, but is he going to pay the rent and payroll of the businesses he is shutting down?

The economic impact from service-based businesses not being able to operate for two weeks is huge, is that just a moot point?

View attachment 855113 View attachment 855114

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

The city will have to suspend rent payments and sales tax to make this work.
There will be bugs in it for sure.
Newsom mentioned Marshall law in his speech and “exigency “ will be what local govt.’s do to enact these measures
Interesting times for sure

Icky

Reaction score
With rifles since 98’, we as a Department haven’t been outgunned since No. Hollywood.
About 3k of 6k in patrol have rifles and another 1k have slug shotguns (Benelli’s and 870 slug guns). About 2k of us have both.
I carry 2k rounds in my truck with half of that in mags.
No North Hwd’s is a motto for many of us.
That's alot of 10 round magazines 😁

FreeBird236

Reaction score
This is what I heard too. That you could catch it again.

This has probably not been determined yet, but Dr. Marc Siegel a Fox contributor said it was most likely short term immunity was developed, meaning a couple of years. It was also his opinion that because many virus's including other Corona virus's do give long term immunity that this may be a possibility.

Last edited:

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
The artical you linked is NOT about catching the virus again.
It's about 2 things;
- False test results indicating someone is clear when in reality, they're not.
- Poor treatment, meaning sending people home from the hospital too soon.

Also, it hasn't been proven anywhere that antibodies to this virus are 'short lived' and all the reading I've done says they seem to follow the normal pattern of offering resistance.

There COULD be a problem if this virus mutates enough so that a person who's recovered gets the mutated version and has to fight a battle again ...... but this mutation could be what's needed to reduce the viruses 'virility' so everyone can fight it off.
This mutation to a less deadly form is what happened to the Spanish flu in around 1919, and this is why deaths from it went from huge numbers to virtually 0 in about a month.

[/URL]
Damn I love when someone posts something after me that supports my post and contradicts Chicken Little's.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

4Waters

Reaction score
Newsom mentioned Marshall law in his speech and “exigency “ will be what local govt.’s do to enact these measures
If the outbreak is that bad then why is street services out on the streets working. I know he said we are all first responders but here in the city first responders make 6 figures I/we don't. LOL

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score

Explain how the city suspends rent payments, unless of course they own the building the business resides in.

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
Explain how the city suspends rent payments, unless of course they own the building the business resides in.

This is something I’ve been curious about as well. The President has mentioned doing a suspension on federally insured mortgages but I’m not sure how that would work for private mortgages and rent payments. It also doesn’t rule out people still having to pay their property taxes, HOA and etc.

In Italy the government has suspended all evictions until further notice but that doesn’t mean the rent debt has been vacated it just means the ability to enforce non payment rules has been postponed.

The government is saying employers will still pay their employees if they have to shut down. For service workers they make less than minimum wage, getting paid less than minimum wage isn’t going to pay the rent and utilities.

LowRiver2

Reaction score

Dude
I’m offering an opinion on what the city might do.
LAPD issues I’ll give no BS facts
This is unchartered waters
If you live in LA , it’s going to get tough for the next several weeks. With 4.5 million residents, no one is going to come knocking on doors for rent being due.
It will work itself out the easy way or the hard way (litigation)
If you don’t live here I really don’t know what your concern is?

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Looks like we are going to have another record.day for the dow...trading has been opened for an hour and we are already down 10%.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
If the outbreak is that bad then why is street services out on the streets working. I know he said we are all first responders but here in the city first responders make 6 figures I/we don't. LOL

Yes we do
Your point is?
We’re hiring.....
Guaranteed you’ll make six figures in your first year but Beverly Hills makes about $200k after first year so I’d apply there lol

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
I just heard MGM Grand closed all their properties don’t know how true it is

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Yes we do
Your point is?
We’re hiring.....
Guaranteed you’ll make six figures in your first year but Beverly Hills makes about $200k after first year so I’d apply there lol
Yeah.. Life choices. But can you imagine dealing with the level of turd as an officer on that department.

Nothing like making that t stop and all the bald heads put their hands out the window automatically.

I think I'd lose me shit after the first "Don't you know who I am" comment.

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
All MGM properties, Wynn properties closed. Sands and Ceasars cancelled all events and reassessing for possible closures
Man what a cost and lost that is , that’s a lot of empty rooms

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
All MGM properties, Wynn properties closed. Sands and Ceasars cancelled all events and reassessing for possible closures

That’s crazy huge money.

Singleton

Reaction score
That’s crazy huge money.

they are all my customers - the forecasted losses are going to be huge
national bailouts will be the next crisis the current administration gets blamed for

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
I just saw on the news that Obama said Trump should give every American $1000 and each one of their kids 500 what the fuck