WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Shit is Happening Fast!!!

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
This is today’s flight info display at ONT for SWA.

Might be different tomorrow, but as of today not so bad.
51145032-FED0-4107-9774-B374A40A6AFC.jpeg

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Point is I have skills and certs to be a first responder but I'm not one especially for 40k a year😲. I have a speeding ticket on my record from 27 years ago so I won't make the cut at Beverly Hills PD. LOL
LASO will hire that in a heartbeat and $130k should be doable in first year.....

LowRiver2

Reaction score
25 new cases in last 24 hours in LA County. No surprises there....

Singleton

Reaction score
25 new cases in last 24 hours in LA County. No surprises there....

increase in testing = increase in cases
i am monitoring hospital cases and deaths. SD is reporting both. Only 8 hospital admissions as of Monday 6am and zero.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
increase in testing = increase in cases
i am monitoring hospital cases and deaths. SD is reporting both. Only 8 hospital admissions as of Monday 6am and zero.
For sure

Washington Kaiser injected first set of trial vaccines today. 18 months out but it’s a start

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
LASO will hire that in a heartbeat and $130k should be doable in first year.....

haha.. No shit right. If all there is in someones background is a speeding ticket from 20+ years ago I don't see any department blackballing them. Still have to be able to pass all the other normal requirments which as you know DQ the majority.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
haha.. No shit right. If all there is in someones background is a speeding ticket from 20+ years ago I don't see any department blackballing them. Still have to be able to pass all the other normal requirments which as you know DQ the majority.
I remember hearing CHP had 0
Tolerance for tickets....I had 3 by 21, lol. Never a consideration to apply with my “record” lol. All 3 were 5 mph Over the posted limit on Bastenchury coming from CSUF. Fullerton Motor Cops were not my heroes, lol. I’ve had a special form of sarcasm for “thumb tacks” (motors), ever since ha ha
LAPD gave 0 shits about tickets and here I am...

nameisbond

Reaction score
The RCMP had low requirements. 20 years ago the police here still gave a shit about pot and who they'd hire. Cousin admitted pot use and was hired. She could have retired with full benefits five years ago. But likes her job. RCMP pensions are tax free. Most of the people she was hired with have retired and joined regular police forces. they collect a taxable salary, about $110k per year, more with overtime. Collect an extra $80k per year tax free. RCMP raised the retirement to 25 years service, so less do the double dip.

4Waters

Reaction score
I'm surprised this hasn't be mentioned yet but at Trump's press conference today he said this could last as long as July or August, WTF!!!!! Why would you say that, these people lost their fucking minds when they were told 2 weeks.

Anyways I definitely don't have enough TP to last that long, the ones that do, I still think are fukn morons. LOL

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
I'm surprised this hasn't be mentioned yet but at Trump's press conference today he said this could last as long as July or August, WTF!!!!! Why would you say that, these people lost their fucking minds when they were told 2 weeks.

Anyways I definitely don't have enough TP to last that long, the ones that do, I still think are fukn morons. LOL

Context matters here, which I'm sure the media will completely fuck up. They were talking about this whole deal winding down, not about the 15 day shut down. It was in the context of when they thought this whole mass viral infections thing would go away.

4Waters

Reaction score
Context matters here, which I'm sure the media will completely fuck up. They were talking about this whole deal winding down, not about the 15 day shut down. It was in the context of when they thought this whole mass viral infections thing would go away.
I get that but like you said the media will run with it and the idots will believe. Chicken little sound familiar. LOL

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
They just shut down the county my sites in California, our company sent out an email no travel air or auto 30 days work from home so looks like I’m gonna be home for longer time trying to work but it’s hard if I’m not eyes on and on site .My foreman is on his way back out of Chicago news is saying if you fly stay confined for 14-21 days .what a mess

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Just at the store a few minutes ago. And shes wearing scrubs out of the office WTF... View attachment 855226

Not everyone who wares scrubs are nurses, etc...... A lot of the staff that works scheduling, plastic surgeon offices, etc do as well and don't deal with sick patients....

Or she doesn't work in the field at all, and gets in front of the line shopping.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Not everyone who wares scrubs are nurses, etc...... A lot of the staff that works scheduling, plastic surgeon offices, etc do as well and don't deal with sick patients....

Or she doesn't work in the field at all, and gets in front of the line shopping.

Doesnt matter especially right now!! And yes I understand that HIPAA regulations only require the dental field not to wear scrubs out of the office. But that's not the point!

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I just hit up Costco since my three grandsons are coming to stay here for a while. I was in/out in 45 minutes. No eggs and low on some things but got what i looked for. Bread, eggos, bacon, chicken, potatos, stuff like that. Wasnt bad at all. I even had time to have a hot dog and coke. I did see one person with a mask on. I didnt look at the paper goods area as i dont need any.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
I just hit up Costco since my three grandsons are coming to stay here for a while. I was in/out in 45 minutes. No eggs and low on some things but got what i looked for. Bread, eggos, bacon, chicken, potatos, stuff like that. Wasnt bad at all. I even had time to have a hot dog and coke. I did see one person with a mask on. I didnt look at the paper goods area as i dont need any.

Unfortunately I had to go today too. It's close to my work and we needed laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent, lemons, rum :D, and a few other small things. I literally had the most basic filled cart. Everyone else had one 24 pack of water (now what the hell for and what will that do for you when shit gets bad?). Tons of just shit in their carts from bags and bags of Cheetos, bread and just complete junk food. Shit, half the people held up in shelter will die from heart disease. hahahaha. Dumb shits.

The only thing they didn't have I wanted was rye bread since we are doing corned beef and cabbage tomorrow! Assholes!. :D

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Unfortunately I had to go today too. It's close to my work and we needed laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent, lemons, rum :D, and a few other small things. I literally had the most basic filled cart. Everyone else had one 24 pack of water (now what the hell for and what will that do for you when shit gets bad?). Tons of just shit in their carts from bags and bags of Cheetos, bread and just complete junk food. Shit, half the people held up in shelter will die from heart disease. hahahaha. Dumb shits.

The only thing they didn't have I wanted was rye bread since we are doing corned beef and cabbage tomorrow! Assholes!. :D
They had tons of rye bread at the scottsdale one

C-2

Reaction score
I hoarded some horse feed today and feel pretty good about it; good to go thru mid-May.

Sadly though, I unloaded about 1600 lbs of feed onto a family of rats. I head something squealing and then saw what must have been a momma rat running around - but I wasn't moving (by hand) that feed stack and the squealing stopped. :(

brgrcru

Reaction score
I closed my bowling center down , for 15 days . But I i think , it's going to be for the entire month of April also.
Or fucking longer .
If people don't stop going out , and passing this virus around .
I'm doing my part , to be closed . I am going to be out thousands and thousands of dollars . I don't even Want to think about it.

I was guilty , at the beginning of this also.
But when they told me shut your doors and lock it up . It got real . Real,fast .
So please people , you might still have your job and thinks it's no big deal . Well millions of us small business owners , are totaly fucked if this goes on for months .
Stay smart
Stay healthy

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
I closed my bowling center down , for 15 days . But I i think , it's going to be for the entire month of April also.
Or fucking longer .
I'm doing my part , to be closed . I am going to be out thousands and thousands of dollars . I don't even Want to think about it.

But when they told me shut your doors and lock it up . It got real . Real,fast .
So please people , you might still have your job and thinks it's no big deal . Well millions of us small business owners , are totaly fucked if this goes on for months .
Stay smart
Stay healthy

I think you’re right and it’s good to hear people are starting to take this thing as seriously as they should.

I was at my allergy/immunologist doctors office earlier today and we were discussing what was happening. She’s of the opinion that we’ll be on a full lockdown within the next couple of days and our hospitals are going to be completely f*cked in the next couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
I remember hearing CHP had 0
Tolerance for tickets....I had 3 by 21, lol. Never a consideration to apply with my “record” lol. All 3 were 5 mph Over the posted limit on Bastenchury coming from CSUF. Fullerton Motor Cops were not my heroes, lol. I’ve had a special form of sarcasm for “thumb tacks” (motors), ever since ha ha
LAPD gave 0 shits about tickets and here I am...

I remember by decline letter from Anaheim giving the reason of “lack of respect for the law”. I wish I kept that letter. I had about 17 fix it tickets through high school and college. Window tint numerous times, too low, too loud, white tail lights, etc. No moving violations though.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Or fucking longer .

Stay smart
Stay healthy
What bowling center do you run? Once it opens back up I'll be sure to go and spend some money!!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
The closings the quaratines etc... We would not be doing any of these things if Trump did not have a good reason to push these policies.
I think my point was that the market does what the market wants. As far as the rest of the economy, Trump is being forced by the panic. I'm MAGA through and through, but I think he would have done nothing without the panic. So "allowed" struck me as an odd choice of words.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I think you’re right and it’s good to hear people are starting to take this thing as seriously as they should.

I was at my allergy/immunologist doctors office earlier today and we were discussing what was happening. She’s of the opinion that we’ll be on a full lockdown within the next couple of days and our hospitals are going to be completely f*cked in the next couple of weeks.

Funny how we seem to seek out people with like minded opinions..

I have 3 nurses, in my immediate family and friends circle that think this whole thing is completely blown out of proportion.

brgrcru

Reaction score
What bowling center do you run? Once it opens back up I'll be sure to go and spend some money!!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thanks man .
Montrose Bowl Glendale california.
more or less just a place for events ,renting entire bowl 8 lanes

Kind of a shameful plug sorry guys .

But this entire cv19 is possibly the worst thing that could happen to my business. A fire or flood would actually be better . As my Insurance covers that .
65 events gone .
Devastating
And super bummed .

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Thanks man .

But this entire cv19 is possibly the worst thing that could happen to my business. A fire or flood would actually be better . As my Insurance covers that .
65 events gone .
Devastating
And super bummed .
Wow, used to go there with my management team for “team building” when I was with kaiser corporate in Pasadena. Cool place, old school.

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score

I have 3 nurses, in my immediate family and friends circle that think this whole thing is completely blown out of proportion.

You’re entitled to an opinion. We can go round and round here but at the end of the day there’s going to be a mass shutdown and hospitals are about to get fucked. I’ll throw a $1K cash bet on it right now and this entire forum can be my witness.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
You’re entitled to an opinion. We can go round and round here but at the end of the day there’s going to be a mass shutdown and hospitals are about to get fucked. I’ll throw a $1K cash bet on it right now and this entire forum can be my witness.

You are entitled to yours too. Is hospitals being “fucked” a statistically based quantifiable term? Or just a moving goal post you’ll just easily be able to welch on?

Either way, I’m not going to enter an over/under wager with you on how many people are going to get sick and die.

bk2drvr

Reaction score

i just talked to my buddy who he and his wife are nurses at Stanford Hospital in the Bay Area. He also says it’s way over blown BUT they have a big unknown concern right now and that is if they get a lot of people that test positive into the hospital it will be hell. They plan and do trainings periodically for natural disasters and large scale accidents but he said the possible numbers being discussed could overwhelm the hospital. Again a big unknown but it sheds some light on what the medical community is preparing for.

RodnJen

Reaction score
I’ve never seen this website but I sure don’t like the data.

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
You are entitled to yours too. Is hospitals being “fucked” a statistically based quantifiable term? Or just a moving goal post you’ll just easily be able to welch on?

Either way, I’m not going to enter an over/under wager with you on how many people are going to get sick and die.

You’re the one challenging things.

I’ll keep it simple. Within 3 weeks of today 3 or more major metropolitan areas (major metropolitan areas are metropolitans with 2.5M people or more) have to create additional healthcare facilities to accommodate critically ill patients as a result of the crisis.

$1K bucks.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

dezrtracer

Reaction score
Thanks man .

65 events gone .
Devastating
And super bummed .

I've been to many events there and even shot some tv shows there in the last 30 years . Wishing you all the best and hope you get to reopen soon . Great place for a RDP meet and greet .

Last edited:

brgrcru

Reaction score

my daughter is a nurse She thinks it's super serious. If people don't take it seroiusly.
Watch some YouTube videos ftom China. And you l see how fast it spread .