WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Shit is Happening Fast!!!

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Dow futures up 800 this hour. Naz up 100 and figure Naz X 5.
Amazon is hiring 100,000 warehouse and delivery workers to deal with the flood of online orders and will provide a temporary pay hike.

spectras only

Reaction score
I’ve never seen this website but I sure don’t like the data.

I'm not surprised Italy is hit hardest. I've been in Italy for 8 months and that country's cities must be the most dense with population live in closed proximity, in Europe.
Apartments are literally 10-15 feet across streets, if you sneeze on your balcony, your neighbour across could get the bug. ;)

brgrcru

Reaction score
RDP bowling party once this shit blows over....

Thanks guys , yes super fun business , to run .
Absolutely . Might become a yearly thing , I'll look for a Saturday night that is open , sometime this summer .
I'm usually good between 3-6 beers , second game is always the best game . Before 3 I suck , after 6 I really suck . Ha !

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
You’re the one challenging things.

I’ll keep it simple. Within 3 weeks of today 3 or more major metropolitan areas (major metropolitan areas are metropolitans with 2.5M people or more) have to create additional healthcare facilities to accommodate critically ill patients as a result of the crisis.

$1K bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Challenging things? I merely regurgitated what I have heard from health care professionals in my personal circle

Your description is not what I’d call hospitals being “fucked”.

And I’m not taking that bet because more than 3 hospitals in metropolitan areas have ALREADY set up additional triage centers in preparation for an increase in patients.

You being the seemingly only source of correct information on the pandemic, should have known that already.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
my daughter is a nurse She thinks it's super serious. If people don't take it seroiusly.
Watch some YouTube videos ftom China. And you l see how fast it spread .

It is certainly a serious situation, no one has said it is is not. Obviously we don’t want to kill off the older people in our population, or ones with existing respiratory conditions. It spread much faster in China than we were led to believe, and far more people have had it than is being reported.

C-2

Reaction score
I have 3 nurses, in my immediate family and friends circle that think this whole thing is completely blown out of proportion.

Yeah well, my 82-year old MIL, who is recovering from a recent surgery, saw her doctor this morning and the advice she received was isolate yourself now; pick one person who can also quarantine with you and do not contact anybody from the outside until further notice. The doctor then chastised us family members (one who is a nurse at Hoag) for visiting with her this weekend.

I don't think my MIL's doctor was blowing anything out of proportion. In fact, the veracity in which she gave her instructions and reprimand suggested a legitimate concern, if not panic in her words.

This thing impacts people lives differently and the "don't worry, be happy" mantra (some of it offered here on RDP by dinks, empty nesters and singles) does not apply to all as some worries are well-founded.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Yeah well, my 82-year old MIL, who is recovering from a recent surgery, saw her doctor this morning and the advice she received was isolate yourself now; pick one person who can also quarantine with you and do not contact anybody from the outside until further notice. The doctor then chastised us family members (one who is a nurse at Hoag) for visiting with her this weekend.

I don't think my MIL's doctor was blowing anything out of proportion. In fact, the veracity in which she gave her instructions and reprimand suggested a legitimate concern, if not panic in her words.

This thing impacts people lives differently and the "don't worry, be happy" mantra (some of it offered here on RDP by dinks, empty nesters and singles) does not apply to all as some worries are well-founded.

That would be standard sound advice for an older person in a vulnerable health position. No one is advocating for them to go out and party it up with family and friends or have potential sick people over to their house.

LakeMead Boater

Reaction score
Thanks man .
Montrose Bowl Glendale california.
more or less just a place for events ,renting entire bowl 8 lanes

Kind of a shameful plug sorry guys .

But this entire cv19 is possibly the worst thing that could happen to my business. A fire or flood would actually be better . As my Insurance covers that .
65 events gone .
Devastating
And super bummed .

not a shameful plug at all! You own a business and you’re just trying to support your family/pay your bills/etc.

Keep your head up, while not all of us live close to your establishment, I know everyone will make recommendations or do what they can to support a fellow boater!

C-2

Reaction score
That would be standard sound advice for an older person in a vulnerable health position. No one is advocating for them to go out and party it up with family and friends or have potential sick people over to their house.

Really, Captain Obvious?

C-2

Reaction score
The same advice was not given last week.

LowRiver2

Reaction score

100% spot on
I see a lot of people on social media laughing it off in other states and wonder what they’ll be saying when Their parents suffocate in Ca. ? It’s the real deal for the elderly.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
387CE964-3D26-4313-9E8E-B538EAB4B3E6.jpeg
Korea town 92’
I’m betting it’s not far off from this in that same area soon...

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The same advice was not given last week.

The same advice was absolutely given last week. The doctor would have advised to not hang out with sick people.

This week the assumption is everyone is sick, so stay home.

That is my point exactly. The doctors are giving the same advice, assumptions and risk levels in the outside world have changed.

My parents are in decent health but are in their 70s and are staying home. I don’t want to see them get sick either.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Really, Captain Obvious?

Exactly. The doctor gave the same quite obvious advice. Nothing has changed except quite a bit of fear and a small amount of extra risk instilled by the world around us.

I hope she stays healthy.

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
Challenging things? I merely regurgitated what I have heard from health care professionals in my personal circle

Your description is not what I’d call hospitals being “fucked”.

And I’m not taking that bet because more than 3 hospitals in metropolitan areas have ALREADY set up additional triage centers in preparation for an increase in patients.

You being the seemingly only source of correct information on the pandemic, should have known that already.

Again. If it’s not pandemic and hospitals setting up triage is no big deal and you know everything...

I’ll up the anti. $5K. You talk terms to support the idea this is no big deal. I’ll even setup an escrow.

C-2

Reaction score
The same advice was absolutely given last week. The doctor would have advised to not hang out with sick people.

This week the assumption is everyone is sick, so stay home.

That is my point exactly. The doctors are giving the same advice, assumptions and risk levels in the outside world have changed.

My parents are in decent health but are in their 70s and are staying home. I don’t want to see them get sick either.

No, the same advice was not given last week. Last week was the same Captain Obvious advice you referred to.

This week it is - you and one family member quarantine yourself from the world. And WTF is wrong with you family members for visiting with her?

Oh wait, LOF said it's okay; it's just an exaggeration of circumstances. :)

I hear you and what everybody else is saying too, but to dismiss the situation as over exaggeration, from my perspective, is equally as frightening. ;)

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
No, the same advice was not given last week. Last week was the same Captain Obvious advice you referred to.

This week it is - you and one family member quarantine yourself from the world. And WTF is wrong with you family members for visiting with her?

I hear you and what everybody else is saying too, but to dismiss the situation as over exaggeration, from my perspective, is equally as frightening. ;)

Time for him to put his money where his mouth is. He’s got an offer on the table.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Again. If it’s not pandemic and hospitals setting up triage is no big deal and you know everything...

I’ll up the anti. $5K. You talk terms to support the idea this is no big deal. I’ll even setup an escrow.

Who said it’s not a pandemic? Where did anyone say some hospitals won’t need extra beds? Just because some extra capacity is needed temporarily does not mean the nationwide healthcare system is compromised and. It functioning.

I see now how you got all whipped up into an overzealous froth over all this so quickly lol.

Again, I’m not going to engage in a wager of how many people will die.

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score

Thank you for being a voice of reason in this situation.

When this thing is over it would be an honor to cheers a beer or two with you in person.

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
Who said it’s not a pandemic? Where did anyone say some hospitals won’t need extra beds? Just because some extra capacity is needed temporarily does not mean the nationwide healthcare system is compromised and. It functioning.

I see now how you got all whipped up into an overzealous froth over all this so quickly lol.

Again, I’m not going to engage in a wager of how many people will die.

C-2 called you out enough. You won’t take my bet.

Goodnight.

C-2

Reaction score
Thanks guys , yes super fun business , to run .
Absolutely . Might become a yearly thing , I'll look for a Saturday night that is open , sometime this summer .
I'm usually good between 3-6 beers , second game is always the best game . Before 3 I suck , after 6 I really suck . Ha !

Geesh, hang in there buddy.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

You need to re read what I wrote.. the advice is the same... don’t hang out with potentially sick people. This week the doctor said don’t hang out with sick people, and assume everyone else is sick, so stay home.

Again, considering the situation, that is pretty standard advice, given that the vast (overwhelming) majority of people will get the virus and be over it in a week or two, so they don’t really care if they get it. Certainly older people with other conditions do not all fall into that category.

Just because I know some people that say it is blown out of proportion does not mean you don’t have to protect vulnerable people from the virus Mr. Jumping To Conclusions.

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
M
Thanks man .

But this entire cv19 is possibly the worst thing that could happen to my business. A fire or flood would actually be better . As my Insurance covers that .
65 events gone .
Devastating
And super bummed .
Montrose is a such a cool town. I hope everything turns out for you. Keep a good thought!

brgrcru

Reaction score
What my nurse daughter has been saying . It's not that cv19 is super dangerous For healthy people . They will fight it off
It's the older people snd people with pre existing conditions . They crowd the hospitals . Then heart attacks strokes and all other viruses or Ilenses, that hospitals have to deal with . Not enough beds and people in medical field , to take care of everything . Think tents filled with people full of cv19 , then we will the death total .
that's the real problem .
I'm Thinking total lock down in a week . Is what I have been hearing .
Hope I'm wrong .

Duck'ed_Up

Reaction score
Thanks man .

65 events gone .
Devastating
And super bummed .

Holy shit I didn’t know you own that! Been there several times growing up. Family friends of ours “aka owners of Porto’s Bakery” use to have events there for their grandchildren’s birthdays!

I hope it all works out for you. That place is a rad retro you can’t find anymore.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
The reason the healthcare professionals and the government are concerned. In the US we have just under 1 million hospital beds and somewhere between 175,000 and 200,000 ventilators. We have close to 50 million people age 65 and above.

It 2% of the people 65 and older get the virus in a short time, that is 1 million people. We don't have the healthcare resources to save them all, so they are trying to slow it down and spread out the cases over time, so our healthcare system isn't overwhelmed.

I heard a good analogy today...

Disneyland has 15 million plus visitors per year, but they can't accommodate 1 million in a day.

Sent From Tapatalk

C-2

Reaction score
You need to re read what I wrote.. the advice is the same... don’t hang out with potentially sick people. This week the doctor said don’t hang out with sick people, and assume everyone else is sick, so stay home.

Again, considering the situation, that is pretty standard advice, given that the vast (overwhelming) majority of people will get the virus and be over it in a week or two, so they don’t really care if they get it. Certainly older people with other conditions do not all fall into that category.

Just because I know some people that say it is blown out of proportion does not mean you don’t have to protect vulnerable people from the virus Mr. Jumping To Conclusions.

Okay whatever.

--------------

Fickle crowd on RDP:

Good:
Buy ammo before it runs out.
RDP response: Hellz yes man, I have 1,2372,282 rounds myself but plan on buying more in case the 82-year old man next door tries to take something from me, or my family.

Bad:
Buy meat before it runs out.
RDP response: You fuccin hoarder. What if your 82-year old neighbor needed to buy that piece of meat? It's people like you that are blowing this virus situation OUT OF PROPORTION.

Makes no sense, lol.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Okay whatever.

--------------

Fickle crowd on RDP:

Good:
Buy ammo before it runs out.
RDP response: Hellz yes man, I have 1,2372,282 rounds myself but plan on buying more in case the 82-year old man next door tries to take something from me, or my family.

Bad:
Buy meat before it runs out.
RDP response: You fuccin hoarder. What if your 82-year old neighbor needed to buy that piece of meat? It's people like you that are blowing this virus situation OUT OF PROPORTION.

Makes no sense, lol.

Welcome to RDP, where we aren’t happy until you aren’t happy.

As long as you have a 30 year old 1 ton truck to tow with, no one is going to say anything to you :)

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
White House Takes New Line After Dire Report on Death Toll
Federal guidelines warned against gatherings of more than 10 people as a London report predicted high fatalities in the U.S. without drastic action.

merlin_170598546_b906090e-8ecd-457f-b32d-ddc7a3fd8a50-articleLarge.jpg

President Trump at a Monday news conference on the Covid-19 pandemic.

President Trump at a Monday news conference on the Covid-19 pandemic.Credit...Doug Mills/The New York Times
Sheri Fink
By Sheri Fink
  • March 16, 2020

Sweeping new federal recommendations announced on Monday for Americans to sharply limit their activities appeared to draw on a dire scientific report warning that, without action by the government and individuals to slow the spread of coronavirus and suppress new cases, 2.2 million people in the United States could die.
To curb the epidemic, there would need to be drastic restrictions on work, school and social gatherings for periods of time until a vaccine was available, which could take 18 months, according to the report, compiled by British researchers. They cautioned that such steps carried enormous costs that could also affect people’s health, but concluded they were “the only viable strategy at the current time.

84miller

Reaction score
I just saw on the news that Obama said Trump should give every American $1000 and each one of their kids 500 what the fuck
Many politicians have stated that, including Mitt Romney. Think they are going with most people are a pay day away from having no money. However, what should happen is people who's work has closed down should just apply for un-employment, keep the employer involved in the process, because most of the people collecting will go back to their employers hopefully. Reason I suggest a process like this is un-employment can be done online, direct deposit and most of all controlled who is really in need, documented by SS# and has the best documented accounting system available. I am also up to making sure the employees get up to their pay they were getting and if the employer was providing health insurance, that the government helps the employer with those premiums. All in all it is not a give away, it is the least disruptive and in the long run the most cost effective. Let's see what they do.

84miller

Reaction score
I was on the fence adout this whole situation last week, but I have seen enough to just follow what has been requested and see how it plays out. I have read this in other post, so I did not come up with it, but I am old enough and know it put things in perspective:

"my parents and grand-parents were asked to quit what they were doing and put their lives on the line and go to war, they are asking us to stay home and do nothing"

Or somthing to that effect. However, I will volunteer if I am needed in my community, I have no problem right now. We will see how this plays out.

4Waters

Reaction score
Just heard the entire country of France just locked down.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
FCA is closing all of their European automaking plants for two weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
I just got word from my Canadian counterparts that Ontario is about to go full lockdown. They’ve already closed everything except pharmacies, grocery stores and hospitals.

nameisbond

Reaction score
I just got word from my Canadian counterparts that Ontario is about to go full lockdown. They’ve already closed everything except pharmacies, grocery stores and hospitals.

Yep, Trudeau is speaking right now and says Ontario is doing the right thing. Canada just closed all federal historic sites and national parks.

My provinces health minister is asking the federal government to close the US/CDN border here. Because we neighbor Washington State.

nameisbond

Reaction score
Trudeau says they'll announce a stimulus plan to help all Canadians. I have a bet with my Canadian friends that the federal government will start giving checks to every Canadian taxpayer. Said a check of $800 to $1k.

Six Canadian banks have lowered their prime lending rate to 2.59%. Its almost free money for me.

PlanB

Reaction score
They closed my gym. Shit just got real. Lol...

pronstar

Reaction score
They closed my gym. Shit just got real. Lol...

Yeah LA Fitness, at least in Texas, has closed all gyms until April.

Thankfully my neighbor has a decent home gym.

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
Yeah LA Fitness, at least in Texas, has closed all gyms until April.

Thankfully my neighbor has a decent home gym.

I gave the wife the green light to order a Peloton over this deal.

pronstar

Reaction score

This guy has tons of “no equipment” home workouts [emoji106]

yz450mm

Reaction score

I ordered a Nordictrack bike in January, my only complaint was that shipping took forever.

I used to go to the gym 4 to 5 days a week, so it It took me a little while to warm up to doing some cardio at home. Super easy to jump on in the morning and do 30-45 minutes before you leave the house for the day though.
80614.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk