WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Shit is Happening Fast!!!

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
We have one case of the Corona here in my county. I went out and spent a few bucks on some dry food essentials if things get bad. The only thing not present on the shelves were Kleenex, disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer.
Now that I went and spent money and time I expect this to be over. Clinching the deal today and dumping stocks.
I'm doing it for all of you America.. 😉

4Waters

Reaction score
I wouldn't say I bought into the fear this morning but I didn't want to be the guy left without what I need. So I got up early and went to the store at 7 a.m. and bought the necessities. I'm guessing my store will be wiped out of T.P. by the end of the day.

View attachment 853742
SHIT!!!! I'm out of fireball, I gotta go get some today.

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
My normal deal is up at 5am make coffee and sit and watch the news. I stopped watching the news a few days ago because of this stuff. I am just going to stay away from the news and continue my day. I will do my normal deal and keep my hands washed and stay away from people as much as I can as I do any other day. To easy to get caught up in the hype.

Meaney77

Reaction score
I think the best thing we can do is turn the TV off, pack up and spend some quality time with family and close friends in non heavily populated areas like Havasu, the River, Dove Springs or Glamis ( you get the idea) that is my plan if my kids schools get shut down.

This too will all pass....While agree there might be some concern I think the media has been very successful blowing this way out of proportion and causing the self induced havoc.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Private schools are closing. Going to online curriculum.

SkyDirtWaterguy

Reaction score
Who is ready to stop driving out of fear of dying in a car accident?

Nearly 1.25 million people die in car crashes each year. On average 3,287 deaths a day! An additional 20-50 million are injured or disabled.

People need to chill the fuck out and get back to reality. The Corona Virus bullshit is a joke!

2Driver

Reaction score
There is only one thing to do in a time like this.....

...but unfortunately the Toga party was cancelled due to the Corona virus

031693C1-EB1A-487D-B9D4-C3EF60F7E177.jpeg

RCDave

Reaction score
Ok now they are saying to use vodka as a hand sanitizer. If we have a vodka shortage then shit just got real!

Be right back, going to stock up on the Goose 😂
[/Q

Typical 70 proof Vodka isn't strong enough....

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Pretty sure my daughter in SoKorea will be back at work Monday after a 3 week closing of her school. They've actually been at the school preparing classrooms for the new school year during the shutdown. She relayed that new cases there have dropped significantly so things are starting to return to "more normal".

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
That’s it I’m going to buy a new truck as soon as they fix my new truck where some dumb ass kid ran into it .

Tom Slick

Reaction score
Welp, the "Fear Virus" just got the NHRA Gatornationals postponed. I feel bad for all of the teams that traveled to Florida only to be told to turn around. I was hoping that some NITRO in the air would help kill the virus.

NicPaus

Reaction score
That’s it I’m going to buy a new truck as soon as they fix my new truck where some dumb ass kid ran into it .
They will probably double the price to make up for being slow. One of my new trucks is at the dealership now. Debating picking it up and taking it to carmax after the bullshit they have put me through the last week. Not sure what brand to replace it with.

Carlson-jet

Reaction score
Chlorhexidine Gluconate (GHG) @ 2% ,2/100 ratio with H2o is a most excellent sanitizer. One gallon is good for the entire block to share and very cheap.
It is a mouthwash, floor cleaner, sanitizer and dessert topping.

2Driver

Reaction score
Like Ive said, HD, lowes and pool stores have liquid clorine. Its the exact same as clorix bleach. just 10% vs 6% for clorox

NOW RUN!!!

RCDave

Reaction score
That study, published in the Journal of Hospital Infection, suggested that coronaviruses could be "efficiently inactivated" with disinfectants that contain "62–71 percent ethanol, 0.5 percent hydrogen peroxide or 0.1 percent sodium hypochlorite within 1 minute," adding that other agents that contain "0.05–0.2% benzalkonium chloride or 0.02 percent chlorhexidine digluconate are less effective."

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Take your hate speech back down to the dungeon. Democrats or Republicans, are certainly not to blame for people dying, nor do I believe they want people to die. Right now your rhetoric isn’t helping anyone except to divide us. This country needs to stay united to get through this. You need to pull your head out of ass and post something besides your bullshit propaganda. [emoji1418]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When CNN, MSNBC,and most of print media starts broadcasting in the same way you think and talk and your way of going i will STFU.It is a disgrace the crap they all pumped out last night IMMEDIATELY after President Trump speech.I have been a member here since 07,you want me gone.Fine,could not give a rats ass what you think of me.I have always responded to your posts and projects in a positive Way.Fuck You

TCHB

Reaction score
Havasu is going to empty out with all the Canadians leaving quickly. Boaters we need you!!!!

LC925

Reaction score
My primary industries are Automation, Mortuaries/Cemeteries and Faith Based organizations.

Throughout the U.S. or just the markets you listed above? There is a huge Mortuary/Cemetery owners group I go pheasant hunting with in South Dakota every year. The owners are all over the place, SoCal, Washington, Michigan, NM, Ohio

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
Welp, the "Fear Virus" just got the NHRA Gatornationals postponed. I feel bad for all of the teams that traveled to Florida only to be told to turn around. I was hoping that some NITRO in the air would help kill the virus.
:mad::mad::mad:

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
When CNN, MSNBC,and most of print media starts broadcasting in the same way you think and talk and your way of going i will STFU.It is a disgrace the crap they all pumped out last night IMMEDIATELY after President Trump speech.I have been a member here since 07,you want me gone.Fine,could not give a rats ass what you think of me.I have always responded to your posts and projects in a positive Way.Fuck You

I’m not in charge of any media company or their message. I just don’t want to hear your bs that American want to kill other Americans to support a political agenda. You can spew your rhetoric all day in the political section. That’s what it’s for.

As for wanting you gone, I never suggested that either. The fuck you isn’t necessary. I’m not your enemy. I think we need to stay positive though. This affects everyone. I appreciate your positive comments. You touched a nerve when you posted that, sorry if my response was too harsh. [emoji3577]

Socalx09

Reaction score
Not sure if this is posted on any of the other threads, but the Cleveland Clinic made an improved test kit in just 9 days after being approved to start. It will deliver test results in 8 hours instead of 2-3 days. They might even do a drive thru test kit. This could help a lot hopefully with containment.

Edit- Cleveland Clinic updated that the results are within a day, not 8 hours as reported by otherS. Still an a improvement once they can get the tests out

Last edited:

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
I’m not in charge of any media company or their message. I just don’t want to hear your bs that American want to kill other Americans to support a political agenda. You can spew your rhetoric all day in the political section. That’s what it’s for.

As for wanting you gone, I never suggested that either. The fuck you isn’t necessary. I’m not your enemy. I think we need to stay positive though. This affects everyone. I appreciate your positive comments. You touched a nerve when you posted that, sorry if my response was too harsh. [emoji3577]

👍

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
@Bobby V

What no comment?? Honestly, I'd like to hear why you edited that part out after you posted it up?? Because you felt like an idiot after posting something so fucking stupid??

Carlson-jet

Reaction score
That study, published in the Journal of Hospital Infection, suggested that coronaviruses could be "efficiently inactivated" with disinfectants that contain "62–71 percent ethanol, 0.5 percent hydrogen peroxide or 0.1 percent sodium hypochlorite within 1 minute," adding that other agents that contain "0.05–0.2% benzalkonium chloride or 0.02 percent chlorhexidine digluconate are less effective."
I'm not real good at math but I offered a solution 10X what the Journal of Hospital Infection, suggested. Just sayin. :p

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Not sure if this is posted on any of the other threads, but the Cleveland Clinic made an improved test kit in just 9 days after being approved to start. It will deliver test results in 8 hours instead of 2-3 days. They might even do a drive thru test kit. This could help a lot hopefully with containment.

Edit- Cleveland Clinic updated that the results are within a day, not 8 hours as reported by otherS. Still an a improvement once they can get the tests out
I am a paramedic by trade and have seen a couple of suspected cases. The last was a patient who displayed the symptoms and the local hospital notified the CDC after it was discovered. The CDC informed us that the incubation period for the swab is 24hrs.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

HotRod82

Reaction score
This is one of those cases where the world being so connected is actually a bad thing. I look at that website above and the numbers just aren't that big considering there's almost 8 billion people on the planet.....just doesn't seem like it's time to panic yet.