WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Shit is Happening Fast!!!

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
So. If you get this and get over it can u get it again?

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
all Vail resorts (37 in total) and all resorts owned by Alterra Mountain Company (apx 20 resorts) are closed.
vail resorts are closed until March 22, but rumor they will not reopen. Alterra is done for the season
I was going to renew my ICON pass next week. Think I will wait and see what they come up with.

Advantage 1

Reaction score
Rolled to Lucille's BBQ in Lake Forest yesterday... sat in the bar. 11:30am - 2:30pm. For the first hour, we were the only 2 in the place. When we left, there was a whopping 4 people.

Nothing on the tables. Had to request all the condiments. They were wiped down before given to us and wiped down when they took them back.

The kitchen was busy... quite a bit of take out / delivery ordered being prepped.

Was bummed for the bartender... young gal. Gave a nice tip since she was going to be extremely slow.

We were also out to dinner Friday night.... not too many folks around either.

Reminiscent vibes from the post 9/11 days. Those folks that were around us were nice and chatty and we just looked around and shrugged.

We are stocked up with plenty of food if and when shit gets goofy... but in the meantime, we will still get out and try to support as if the world is not ending.

Cabin Fever hits me very quickly; no way I can stay inside the house too long :rolleyes:

530RL

Reaction score
you do realize the test kits the USA had were shipped overseas to help others
one of the reason the inventory is low is due to us helping others
the orders Friday limit the % of kits US manufactures send overseas

I was not aware of that.

I was aware that early test kits made by the CDC were flawed as the administration decided against using the WHO test kits and wanted to make their own, but I was not aware the administration was providing actual test kits to other countries.

Can you provide me a link to that information, I would like to read about it. 👍

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Like with any pathogen if your body kills it off then you will have immunity to that particular strain. I don't know how this strain is, but viruses like the common cold are know to mutate frequently which is one of the reasons why you can get the cold multiple times a year

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Singleton

Reaction score
I was going to renew my ICON pass next week. Think I will wait and see what they come up with.

same with us. We had Epic this year, and ICON last year. Wanted to switch back to ICON and the 20/21 sale was effective until April 5 and gave mountain access for rest of this season. With that removed, we will wait and see what occurs in the next 2-3 weeks

Singleton

Reaction score
I was not aware of that.

I was aware that early test kits made by the CDC were flawed as the administration decided against using the WHO test kits and wanted to make their own, but I was not aware the administration was providing actual test kits to other countries.

Read it on a CDC page. CDC started shipping test kits overseas in early February that were not FDA approved yet.

brgrcru

Reaction score
you do realize the test kits the USA had were shipped overseas to help others
one of the reason the inventory is low is due to us helping others
the orders Friday limit the % of kits US manufactures send overseas

He is actually trying to pin this entire mess on one person . And it isn't the leader o
I was not aware of that.

Of course it finally came out , another idiot who blames trump. For this . Fucking pathetic .

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Got an email from my local ski area
LOVELAND.
Closed for the season. Snow is deep too.
They are usually open until may 5th.

My sister has a place in Steamboat, her next 2 renters cancelled because Steamboat closed.

8k bye bye.

redone76

Reaction score
Rolled to Lucille's BBQ in Lake Forest yesterday... sat in the bar. 11:30am - 2:30pm. For the first hour, we were the only 2 in the place. When we left, there was a whopping 4 people.

Nothing on the tables. Had to request all the condiments. They were wiped down before given to us and wiped down when they took them back.

The kitchen was busy... quite a bit of take out / delivery ordered being prepped.

Was bummed for the bartender... young gal. Gave a nice tip since she was going to be extremely slow.

We were also out to dinner Friday night.... not too many folks around either.

Reminiscent vibes from the post 9/11 days. Those folks that were around us were nice and chatty and we just looked around and shrugged.

We are stocked up with plenty of food if and when shit gets goofy... but in the meantime, we will still get out and try to support as if the world is not ending.

Cabin Fever hits me very quickly; no way I can stay inside the house too long :rolleyes:
Crazy! My wife’s Mexican restaurant here in West Covina has been slammed all weekend!

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Read it on a CDC page. CDC started shipping test kits overseas in early February that were not FDA approved yet.

Watched Meet The Press this morning with UpChuck Todd and guests this morning trying to blame the Fed .Gov every other sentence. Hospital CEO saying they were able to ramp up this week after the Feds waived regulations... subject quickly changed.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Anyone else here get a very bad "cold" in January/February? Me and everyone I know had it, tough to kick, put some people in bed and reoccurred. No one was being tested for beer virus. This shit's been around for a lot longer than people know.

Was just talking about this with the wife. We all got it. Sneezing for a day, no runny nose. Cough that wouldn't go away, weezing, fever for about a day and a half, then everything went away except the cough. Pretty much matches the symptoms to what everyone is afraid of today. We all survived with a box of kleenex (after the actual fever went away) and the usual amount of toilet paper. I had that cough for about 3 weeks.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Anyone else here get a very bad "cold" in January/February? Me and everyone I know had it, tough to kick, put some people in bed and reoccurred. No one was being tested for beer virus. This shit's been around for a lot longer than people know.
Yep. Same time frame too.

Pelon

Reaction score
My sister has a place in Steamboat, her next 2 renters cancelled because Steamboat closed.

8k bye bye.

Colorado Governor ordered all Colorado ski resorts to close! Alterra Mountain Resorts is headquartered in Colorado so they closed all their resorts. This includes Mammoth and Big Bear resorts.

Advantage 1

Reaction score
Crazy! My wife’s Mexican restaurant here in West Covina has been slammed all weekend!

Glad folks are still getting out and spending money! Girlfriend runs her own hair salon and is cancelling all her appts. She worked a bit yesterday morning, but no more until things settle down :confused:

redone76

Reaction score
Glad folks are still getting out and spending money! Girlfriend runs her own hair salon and is cancelling all her appts. She worked a bit yesterday morning, but no more until things settle down :confused:
Right! My barbershop was dead Friday afternoon. Son and I were clipped and out the door in 10 minutes! Owner said it’s gonna be slow. At least people want to get out to eat and drink

Brobee

Reaction score
Was just talking about this with the wife. We all got it. Sneezing for a day, no runny nose. Cough that wouldn't go away, weezing, fever for about a day and a half, then everything went away except the cough. Pretty much matches the symptoms to what everyone is afraid of today. We all survived with a box of kleenex (after the actual fever went away) and the usual amount of toilet paper. I had that cough for about 3 weeks.

My son had the exact same symptoms two weeks ago. Came home from school tired on Monday and ended up out the rest of the week. Dry cough, fever, the whole thing. Everyone else in the house escaped it so far though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: t&y

nameisbond

Reaction score
So far only two ski resorts have closed here. Whistler is one and the other a small local Vancouver hill. I still ski, but wait for spring when its warmer. Hope Whistler is open before the season ends or no skiing for me this year.

nameisbond

Reaction score
Our provincial government is asking anyone who travelled to Washington State to self isolate for 14 days.

PlanB

Reaction score

Yep, took about a month for the cough to go away. Was pretty sick for a week and a half.

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
This was at 630 this morning when I went to go buy some tri tip to smoke. I walkeed back out and went to a top secret location. In hindsight I probably spent as much time at the meat market

View attachment 854560

That’s the one I go to. It’s been insane

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score

Both my wife and I.

She had bad flu-like symptoms, tested negative for the flu at the doc ‘s office.

I got it two days later tested positive for the flu.

It kicked our asses for the better part of two weeks. I’ve seldom been that sick - was completely bedridden.

Wife thinks she had coronavirus...I don’t think so because I would’ve gotten it, but I definitely had the flu. She also had an upper respiratory bacterial infection that I didn’t get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Ohio just closed all their bars and restaurants effective 9 p.m. tonight. If the whole country follows it is going to fuck a lot of people.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
My MIL is an elderly cancer survivor.

We’ve quarantined the in-laws to their house, and brought (and will continue to bring) groceries as needed for the next little bit.

We’ve also got a bunch of older folks in my neighborhood. Several of us have reached out to them, offering to help with groceries etc... high-risk people should be cautious.

But I don’t consider this panicking.
I consider this being smart and thoughtful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hallett21

Reaction score
Ohio just closed all their bars and restaurants effective 9 p.m. tonight. If the whole country follows it is going to fuck a lot of people.

Did they make it official? I read they were considering.....

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Buddy is an American citizen living in Cambodia, left for Vienna last week for a vacation, and while he was away they pulled all Visas for Americans for 30 days. Can't get home, and to make it worse he's in a city on lockdown with no restaurants open. Apparently you can't gather in groups of more than 5.... crazy world.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I heard one Dr. say you will definitely get short term immunity( a few years ) and probably long term as well, but wasn't sure on the long term immunity.

LC925

Reaction score
I rarely ever get sick and had a ROUGH 4-5 days in bed after a 3-4 day lead up to it. Then about 2 weeks after to completely disappear. I think between New Years and end of January. I can’t remember the last time I wasn’t able to get out of bed in my 36 years. Well aside from broken bones lol.

GRADS

Reaction score
The CA Governor just closed bars, brew pubs and wineries. Restaurants must cut their capacity in half.

Reactions: DWC

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
The CA Governor just closed bars, brew pubs and wineries. Restaurants must cut their capacity in half.

He’s a fucking asshole. Gonna kill all the hard working people just trying to survive. For over reach panic. Wish someone would.......

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
We are good in that area for a little bit
DBC21D9C-1880-44F1-830B-EFDBC0D19861.jpeg

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
So to save a few people who might die he is going to put how many hundreds/ thousands of business’s out of business and how many people who are already struggling to survive on the streets because they’ve been layed off / fired. All for a over exaggerated fucking flu which people have had since January and survived . What a fucking tool.

GRADS

Reaction score
Not sure why the video won't play damn it RD. I'll just load up to youtube, give me a second