WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Shit is Happening Fast!!!

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Note to self: if LA County has some nice reefers for auction later...let someone else bid.

Stay safe from idiots, healthy from the sick folk.

We have 25 confirmed Cops as of today. 1100 Employee reports listing exposure to confirmed covid citizens
Keeps going up

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Trump just extended this until April 30. Wtf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Trump just extended this until April 30. Wtf

Wow, I did not see that coming. I am getting many projects done, but I think I will start painting the exterior of my house. Yours is looking nice. People in our area are not using their heads. Just came from your neighborhood and must have been thirty people at Circle K buying gas for Razors and dirt bikes, and they were all next to each other. It won't get better if people keep acting like this.

Paul keep your distance, and keep yourself and your wife healthy .

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Wow, I did not see that coming. I am getting many projects done, but I think I will start painting the exterior of my house. Yours is looking nice. People in our area are not using their heads. Just came from your neighborhood and must have been thirty people at Circle K buying gas for Razors and dirt bikes, and they were all next to each other. It won't get better if people keep acting like this.

Paul keep your distance, and keep yourself and your wife healthy .

Haha. Thanks. Yep. Just working here. And not this weekend because all the neighbors want to stop over and talk and my wife doesn’t want anyone over right now. She’s due in 7 weeks. [emoji15]

Taboma

Reaction score
We have 25 confirmed Cops as of today. 1100 Employee reports listing exposure to confirmed covid citizens
Keeps going up

Well that does it for me, some cop tries to pull me over and I'm going to punch it the f*ck outta there ---- you guys be the harbingers of death for shit sake 🥵

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Well that does it for me, some cop tries to pull me over and I'm going to punch it the f*ck outta there ---- you guys be the harbingers of death for shit sake 🥵
CHP put out a PSA saying their Officers will have gloves on during stops.

Advantage 1

Reaction score
CHP put out a PSA saying their Officers will have gloves on during stops.

Traveling the 5 South / North on Friday [Orange County to Solana Beach], there was a solid 10+ CHPs on the freeway... some had people pulled over or parked with the radar gun out. Not sure why people are driving like complete assholes, but glad they are out and about. 'Normal' commute I see the same two... one in San Clemente and one around San Onofre.

Singleton

Reaction score
Haha. Thanks. Yep. Just working here. And not this weekend because all the neighbors want to stop over and talk and my wife doesn’t want anyone over right now. She’s due in 7 weeks. [emoji15]

time to get a midwife. No way in hell I would deliver at a hospital.
have an employee whose wife is due in 2 weeks, I just approved his 8 week leave starting in 10 days and company insurance approved midwife. Flat out told him, sales is going to get impacted soon, your protected on leave, so go and don’t come back until your weeks are over. I will text you when I get furloughed while you are away.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
time to get a midwife. No way in hell I would deliver at a hospital.
have an employee whose wife is due in 2 weeks, I just approved his 8 week leave starting in 10 days and company insurance approved midwife. Flat out told him, sales is going to get impacted soon, your protected on leave, so go and don’t come back until your weeks are over. I will text you when I get furloughed while you are away.

The deal is giving my wife anxiety. We don’t even know if I’ll be allowed in the hospital at this point. She spends half of everyday crying right now because of all the shit going on. [emoji1418]. This has been a nightmare.

Singleton

Reaction score
The deal is giving my wife anxiety. We don’t even know if I’ll be allowed in the hospital at this point. She spends half of everyday crying right now because of all the shit going on. [emoji1418]. This has been a nightmare.

i bet. Best of luck and stay safe and healthy
my employee in Boston has already been told he will not be allowed in. That is reason they are looking at home delivery with midwife

fmo24

Reaction score
they were talking about this on an RV website forums I visit. turns out the Canadian snowbirds first stop after crossing the border is the crowded local Walmart to stock up on supplies for there 14 day quarantine.
Friends of ours from Ontario loaded up her in Florida. Prepped all the veggies and vacuum packed them. Lots of staples and dry goods as they knew they were going into a 14 lock down.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

Good luck to both of you.

I'm sure you know it, but be a F'n saint right now. Anything you can do to help...anything...will be helpful to mom and baby. Whatever eats at you, grin and suck it up. Don't let any fear show, or worries. Be a confident guy, border line arrogant, at least when she sees you.

You got this. If she thinks you do, then she'll have it too. Kid will be born part badass already ;)

Outdrive1

Reaction score
All I’m trying to do is stay positive for both of us. Gotta admit these are shitty times. Besides work, which we are ok for a little while. She’s terrified of getting sick, so we have stopped all socializing at this point. She’s worried that hospital might not have the rooms or staff, worried I can’t go in, blah blah blah. But you gotta just prepare the best you can and believe it’s all gonna work out.

We talked to the hospital and they can’t guarantee if they get overrun that they will do a delivery there. That’s exactly what they told us. So there’s that. [emoji51]

JB in so cal

Reaction score
All I’m trying to do is stay positive for both of us. Gotta admit these are shitty times. Besides work, which we are ok for a little while. She’s terrified of getting sick, so we have stopped all socializing at this point. She’s worried that hospital might not have the rooms or staff, worried I can’t go in, blah blah blah. But you gotta just prepare the best you can and believe it’s all gonna work out.

We talked to the hospital and they can’t guarantee if they get overrun that they will do a delivery there. That’s exactly what they told us. So there’s that.
emoji51.png

[/QUOTE

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Someone mentioned a midwife before. don't know if you saw that. My niece birthed 4 kids in her home with one. At least you could guarantee cleanliness.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

We talked to the hospital and they can’t guarantee if they get overrun that they will do a delivery there. That’s exactly what they told us. So there’s that. [emoji51]

"Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat" Latin for "Fortune Favors the Bold". Made famous of late by John Wick's tattoo, but some truth to the statement. Be more prepared than you think you'll ever need to be. Read up sir. Know what's coming at all phases...right down to cord cutting and cleanup. If need be, humans have done this stuff long before hospitals. Not that there will be a need for the skills, but the knowledge can help with knowing how's and when's.

Pelon

Reaction score

WOW OD1 that is such a difficult position to be in, in these difficult times. That is going to be a tough decision. I am going to give you a different point of view. I am not in the medical field, it is just an opinion so take it for what it is worth. For most people childbirth goes smoothly and everything goes fine. But, sometimes things go sideways, when it does, you will want all the technology and expertise that modern medicine has to offer minutes and steps away. Not a 45 minute ambulance ride away. Shit happens, I would still choose a hospital. If your hospital can't accommodate you, get a referral from your doctor for another hospital. This opinion is based on personal experience. Prayers for you and your wife and unborn child.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score

Find someone qualified to give birth at home. Fuck hospitals right now!

Wedgy

Reaction score
Prayers for a smooth delivery and a Healthy outcome either way.

This is week old news, but I haven't seen it before now. Guess they couldn't keep this under the Radar...

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
“The Food And Drug Administration (FDA) issued an emergency authorization Sunday for hydroxychloroquine, a drug already used to treat malaria and other ailments, which has shown anecdotal efficacy against coronavirus.”

brgrcru

Reaction score

I would still do the hospital also.
ICU units are full of cv 19 patients . They keep these patients isolated away from all other areas. And are reopening older units for these cv 19 patients . As they need to be in a negative air room. or something like that .

All other areas are pretty much a ghost town in hospitals. most surgeries and other stuff that were planned are on hold. Only emergency health related situations are being done .

This is what I am hearing from my RN daughter in Glendale .

Outdrive1

Reaction score
I would still do the hospital also.
ICU units are full of cv 19 patients . They keep these patients isolated away from all other areas. And are reopening older units for these cv 19 patients . As they need to be in a negative air room. or something like that .

All other areas are pretty much a ghost town in hospitals. most surgeries and other stuff that were planned are on hold. Only emergency health related situations are being done .

This is what I am hearing from my RN daughter in Glendale .

Pretty much my wife said I’m crazy if I think she’s giving birth at home. Lol.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

What are the hospitals near you? Are they basically Havasu as the biggest one? Was wondering if you had family you could stay with in close proximity to a major type, maybe in Phoenix or Vegas. My friend's kid was living and working in Bagdad (mine, not Iraq), when his wife went into labor they hauled ass into Glendale. They're a little "hippy" though...think they hatched the kid in a watertank or something? The drive just seemed sketchy to me.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
What are the hospitals near you? Are they basically Havasu as the biggest one? Was wondering if you had family you could stay with in close proximity to a major type, maybe in Phoenix or Vegas. My friend's kid was living and working in Bagdad (mine, not Iraq), when his wife went into labor they hauled ass into Glendale. They're a little "hippy" though...think they hatched the kid in a watertank or something? The drive just seemed sketchy to me.

Yeah. Parker hospital which is not really a hospital. Havasu where her doctor is. The only family we could stay with is in Orange County and I feel like that’s the epicenter, plus I don’t know what my insurance covers out of state, maybe that’s not an issue. My grandma is in Phx and she’s 83. I’m not going near her at all. I guess we could rent a hotel in Phx if it’s close to the date and there’s an issue with the Havasu hospital. Right now we are just staying in contact with Havasu and our doctor, in fact we are headed to an appointment shortly. Hopefully nothing changes and we can go there. Even if I can’t be in the hospital with her.

spectras only

Reaction score

You and your wife/baby will be fine. Get a nurse though who knows what to do. My son was born in a scant 20 minutes after her water broke, barely made it to the hospital in time. I was assisting the nurse there while the doc was an hour away partying and din't make it on time for delivery. :eek:

D19

Reaction score

I feel you. I'm dealing with a finance who is heartbroken everyday that her dream wedding isn't going down they way she wanted.

Friend just drove out to Ocotillo and was turned away by rangers.

How retarded. Obviously these government organizations know zero about desert camping. Do they think strangers all gather around the camp fire and sing kumbaya and ride within 6 ft of each other?

I came home from my bachelor party 2 weeks ago to find out we had to postpone our wedding. We decided to do a small ceremony at home with immediate family and push the big event out but trying to find a place to do a little honeymoon has been a pain. We were thinking of camping so we don't have to rely on restaurants or entertainment but it looks like the river is our only option unless they shut that down in the next few days.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

My wife can come down and we do this on your couch in 7 weeks if need be, maybe live stream it on RDP?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

If she wants someone to talk to I can connect her with my wife.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
FWIW, the hospitals (outside of the red zones) are probably one of the safest places to be right now. In meetings with Physician Chiefs Of Staff, the ID physicians state the likelihood of contracting COVID-19 is far more likely in community settings (grocery stores, etc...) Hospitals are scanning temperatures upon entry and are closed to visitors with very limited exceptions (usually 1 visitor to L&D, for example...) We are actively screening staff every shift for signs and symptoms and sending home those who show any signs of infection. Anyone who has visited an active area or been in contact with a known case has additional precautions to follow. Our hospitals in AZ are still relatively quiet- as of today, with supplies and PPE available. Trust me when I say safety is our top priority at the moment.
That being said, everyone has their preferences, and I don’t blame anyone for using a midwife and delivering at home or in an alternate setting.

4Waters

Reaction score
Yeah. Parker hospital which is not really a hospital. Havasu where her doctor is. The only family we could stay with is in Orange County and I feel like that’s the epicenter, plus I don’t know what my insurance covers out of state, maybe that’s not an issue. My grandma is in Phx and she’s 83. I’m not going near her at all. I guess we could rent a hotel in Phx if it’s close to the date and there’s an issue with the Havasu hospital. Right now we are just staying in contact with Havasu and our doctor, in fact we are headed to an appointment shortly. Hopefully nothing changes and we can go there. Even if I can’t be in the hospital with her.

I know it was said in an earlier post but I can't find it. When is she due? Will her doctor induce her early so she can be in and out before shit starts ramping up? Just thinking out loud.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
FWIW, the hospitals (outside of the red zones) are probably one of the safest places to be right now. In meetings with Physician Chiefs Of Staff, the ID physicians state the likelihood of contracting COVID-19 is far more likely in community settings (grocery stores, etc...) Hospitals are scanning temperatures upon entry and are closed to visitors with very limited exceptions (usually 1 visitor to L&D, for example...) We are actively screening staff every shift for signs and symptoms and sending home those who show any signs of infection. Anyone who has visited an active area or been in contact with a known case has additional precautions to follow. Our hospitals in AZ are still relatively quiet- as of today, with supplies and PPE available. Trust me when I say safety is our top priority at the moment.
That being said, everyone has their preferences, and I don’t blame anyone for using a midwife and delivering at home or in an alternate setting.

I can’t say enough times, and feel comfortable speaking for the forum, when I say Thank You for what you’re doing. The American public owes you and your colleagues a tremendous amount of gratitude to you and your colleagues.

Thank You!

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
I can’t say enough times, and feel comfortable speaking for the forum, when I say Thank You for what you’re doing. The American public owes you and your colleagues a tremendous amount of gratitude to you and your colleagues.

Thank You!
Thanks for the kind words and support. I (and many of my colleagues) were construction workers, etc, prior to the previous downturn in 08-09, many of us for over a decade. We retrained into the medical field for a reason- job security. We are prepared and ready to stand fast and help everyone in this time of need. The majority of us are grateful to be working and will do everything we can to keep everyone healthy and safe. I’m in the middle of a string of 12’s, and don’t have much time to be on RDP. In the next day or two once I have some down time I’ll give an update when I have some free time. Everyone please stay safe and minimize interaction with others until this passes. I know it will be a long few weeks. Again, I emphasize the typical bullshit, social distancing and hand hygiene. I will continue to provide an honest assessment of the situation in AZ for the community. Thanks again.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Looking forward to see if the heat and low humidity in the Southwest slow this crap down. It thrives in the throat (wet), low humidity should trump actual heat in contact surface shelf life (in theory).

nameisbond

Reaction score