WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Shit show mothers day

racetrash

Reaction score
So mom passed last june, so this is the first mothers day without her. Sorta bummed, but 83 years was a good run. Wife just went to the mailbox, and sure enough, here is her 1200 dollar stimulas check made out to me and her. I am the successor trustee. Looking forward to the shit show I've gotta go through to get this cleared up.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
You simply write VOID on the check and send it back along with a statement that they’re deceased and send it back to the irs in the mail. No shit show.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
If you never cash it, there is no problem is there?

racetrash

Reaction score
yup, void the check and mail it back, just brought up some memories. Thanks RDP!!

Spudsbud

Reaction score
OR.... since its made out to both of you..... deposit it.
Remember to declare the income on your taxes.... no shit show.

2Driver

Reaction score
OR.... since its made out to both of you..... deposit it.
Remember to declare the income on your taxes.... no shit show.

Its not in really “both names”. He is trustee to handle her affairs. She has passed and if he signs and cashes for a deceased person Im sure that is fraud just as if you kept a social security check for a deceased person. if she was alive when it was issued then passed it might be different and be considered part of the estate.

Hes doing the right thing. Sorry about your Mom.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
My wife received one in her mother's and her name's.
Her mother's name is followed by an abbreviation for deceased.

That's the closest either of us will get to a stimulus check.

Obviously she didn't deposit it.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
There was a thread about this scenario and it was determined that it's legit to keep, based on fact she had tax returns for last year.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
There was a thread about this scenario and it was determined that it's legit to keep, based on fact she had tax returns for last year.

Determined by whom?
I don't see how a check meant for a deceased person can be kept and cashed by anyone else.

2Driver

Reaction score

That makes no sense but then again its the government.

My buddy is retired and worth several million and has his investments in growth stocks so he shows next to no income. He and his wife got a check and qualified for free Obamacare. WTF 🤬

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Determined by whom?
I don't see how a check meant for a deceased person can be kept and cashed by anyone else.
Idk, it seems every other article you read is one way or the other. I personally would send it back. There's some debate if it has someone else's name on it with the deceased.
Regardless, it proves just how efficient our government is🙄🤓