WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Shlbyntro for the win!!!

riverroyal

Reaction score
This place amazes me at times. So I was on one of the many super soaker threads. I mentioned my head unit died and it was water related. Im sure I was complaining. So Nitro says get a cover, I cant since its a odd sized Polk.
Well apparently Shlbyntro has this same head unit in box for some reason. He sent me a picture of the tracking number and its on the way from Austin to San Marcos now. Cost you ask? Zero. All he asked is I pay it forward.
Like a early Christmas! Replacing it was on my list of post summer boat items.

Still good people out there.

Tank

Reaction score
Is it to ease his guilty conscience for pepperin' you in the head with the water canon??!! 😁 😁 😁

Super cool of him to do that. 👍

riverroyal

Reaction score
I did ask him some Austin questions. Never know, might live there some day!

shunter2005

Reaction score
I said the same thing about three weeks ago here. Took my boat to him in Austin and he did a lot to it in a short amount of time (2 days). One of the things he did was install a new helm and steering cable. I had 3 tilt units with me and none of them fit the shaft on the new helm. Figures! He went to his shop and picked up one that he had that would work. He installed it and wouldn't take anything for it. Said it came off another boat and he was keeping it around "just in case". I was going to leave him one of mine, just in case, but we ran short on time and both forgot. But rest assured, I will get one to him or if he needs anything, all he has to do is let me know and I will get it to him. I never mind a drive to Lake Travis. I hope to visit next spring, so we can take both our boats to Travis and cruise one of my favorite lakes in Texas.

On a side note, he installed my IMCO add-on steering system while I had it up there. So, while cleaning the bilge last week, I found an o-ring laying in the bottom. I was panicked, as I thought it could have been the large o-ring that is needed for the Brazil valve he installed and might have fallen out when installing it. I called him and he said "Nope, I checked it 3 times before I installed it". He asked how big it was and I told him about an inch. He said it was an old o-ring for the drive shaft. He said, no big deal, they sometimes come off during removal and I put new ones on it. As stated, he does know his stuff.

Here he is hard at work on my boat.
Breck At Work.jpg

farmo83

Reaction score
He's an awesome dude to have a beer or two with as well !

My uncle has really bad back problems and can't turn wrenches on his boat like he used to. Shlbyintro keeps him on the water.

Last edited: