WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Shockwave 28 Deck "Wish You Were Here"

Riverryder

Reaction score
wow at frist i was like hmmmm idk about it. but the more i looked at the bench and the hatch!1 way to think outside the box!! im sure youll start a new trend with this one!!

Dirtbag

Reaction score
016EF3A2-FAFA-4F57-B8BC-31F94A318590.jpeg
2353D0EB-9892-4EC4-A0A1-27E38C246F0A.jpeg
2D558F56-6C69-4155-A525-5A141F2873E2.jpeg
Buttoning up the final touches…bimini going in trailer is here…we had extreme flatten the angle of the stairs to make it easier for mom and pops to get in and out of the boat…pops isnt the greatest picture taker!!!

Cant wait to see the gatorstep and the captains chairs and then shes comin home…

Dirtbag

Reaction score
well we are about two weeks away im guessing.....

The Trailer is here. We made some changes to the trailer design as you see in the picture below. As we get older and my mom and pops already are old lol we decided to flatten out the steps a bit to make it easier for them to climb in and out of the boat on launch and retrieval. We also added a Motorized stand for when we put the boat away for the night..no more hand cranking for me!

the old style
image12.jpeg

the new style with motorized stand
image13.jpeg

added runway lights for the night retrievals!
image5.jpeg

getting on the trailer
image4.jpeg

on the trailer
image3.jpeg

image0.jpeg

seatbacks looking good....we are thinking about airbrushing the shockwave seismograph logo when the name gets put on and our registration numbers...not sure yet
image9.jpeg

captains and co-captains have our signatures like we did on comfortably numb......i get the captains seat this time!
image11.jpeg

that little blue thing is our new footwash station....dangle the feet over the bow and wash the sand off
image10.jpeg

Momma and mrs. dirtbags spots
image8.jpeg

image7.jpeg

so now we wait on the custom 3 layer gatorstep that is insane. I cant wait to see how it all turned out. Its amazing what gatorstep is capable of ......

Bob and the gang have knocked it out of the park for us.....cant wait to pick her up in a few weeks

Javajoe

Reaction score
Very nice. I would suggest you register it with the Coast Guard like we do and not have the numbers on the side. A lot cleaner. You have a name on the back so all you need to add is Lake Havasu or whatever for Port of Call

Dirtbag

Reaction score
Very nice. I would suggest you register it with the Coast Guard like we do and not have the numbers on the side. A lot cleaner. You have a name on the back so all you need to add is Lake Havasu or whatever for Port of Call
so i looked into this....apparently the boat needs to be over 10000 lbs and 30 feet long!

Javajoe

Reaction score
so i looked into this....apparently the boat needs to be over 10000 lbs and 30 feet long!
Nope, I got a 28’ Magic and just got registered with CG this year in Jan. Good until 2024. Registered trailer in AZ

To be eligible for U.S. Coast Guard vessel documentation, recreational vessels must be wholly owned by a U.S. citizen and measure a minimum of five net tons. Vessels greater than 27 feet are likely to meet the five net ton minimum requirement.

What does it cost?​

As of January 2021, an initial Certificate of Documentation cost $133. A full schedule of fees and services is listed on the Coast Guard website.

Reactions: DWC

Dirtbag

Reaction score
Nope, I got a 28’ Magic and just got registered with CG this year in Jan. Good until 2024. Registered trailer in AZ

To be eligible for U.S. Coast Guard vessel documentation, recreational vessels must be wholly owned by a U.S. citizen and measure a minimum of five net tons. Vessels greater than 27 feet are likely to meet the five net ton minimum requirement.

What does it cost?​

As of January 2021, an initial Certificate of Documentation cost $133. A full schedule of fees and services is listed on the Coast Guard website.
hmmmmm.

BlytheBros

Reaction score
Wow, this has come a long way! Looks so nice. Congratulations brotha!

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
looks awesome. congrats on the new build. looking forward to seeing it on the water

Code3Havasu

Reaction score
We got to see it a few weeks ago and absolutely loved how it came out!

Roosky01

Reaction score

What does it cost?​

Not having registration numbers on the side around my parts would be a "pull me over to see if I'm drunk" Hallmark card sent personally to the blue light special. Even if everything was legit...🤔

And I love your new boat D-bag! The personal touches are awesome!

Javajoe

Reaction score
Not having registration numbers on the side around my parts would be a "pull me over to see if I'm drunk" Hallmark card sent personally to the blue light special. Even if everything was legit...🤔

And I love your new boat D-bag! The personal touches are awesome!
I never worry about that. Come check me anytime. Shouldn’t be driving if you need to worry about that

Jay Dub

Reaction score
great thread. congratulations. Thank you for letting us come along for the ride.

Riverryder

Reaction score
@Roosky01 don’t think that’s true. I think they do give you identifier to put on the back of the boat to tell the boys in blue it’s done right?

Singleton

Reaction score
@Roosky01 don’t think that’s true. I think they do give you identifier to put on the back of the boat to tell the boys in blue it’s done right?

No identifier. You get numbers that go inside (most install in engine bay).
on busy / heavily patrolled weekend, no reg numbers can be an issue. Avoid the big 4 weekends and normally no issue

Javajoe

Reaction score
No identifier. You get numbers that go inside (most install in engine bay).
on busy / heavily patrolled weekend, no reg numbers can be an issue. Avoid the big 4 weekends and normally no issue
You have to have a boat name and port of call on the back of the boat just like most Ocean Boats and yes, you stencil the numbers inside your transom hatch cover or somewhere in there

Dirtbag

Reaction score
some more small things to button up and the final step will be the Gator Step Install. They dont want to walk on the gatorstep after it gets installed haha. Youll understand why when I post those pics......

We tasked Bob to build a fender holder in the engine compartment where there was a lot of wasted space. Really pumped as this is just a small deal to keep the clutter out of the ski lockers.

21.jpeg

We loved the registration numbers that Dave painted on our last boat. He does a few different styles and many like the perfect edges that almost look like stickers. We loved our last boat and asked him to hand paint them in his style again. He doesnt disappoint. I like it so much better than the stencil look.

20.jpeg

She has her name..we decided to put on the hatch instead of squeeze between the speakers...almost to the finish line.....i didnt think anything could be as good as our last build but I am so pumped on how this came out. There are a couple more things we will do once parts come more readily available but so far so great.

22.jpeg

almost to the finish line.....i didnt think anything could be as good as our last build but I am so pumped on how this came out. There are a couple more things we will do once parts come more readily available but so far so great.

Riverryder

Reaction score
Does that swim step sit pretty high out of the water?
Sometimes when we are on the back it the boat hangin out big wave comes by swim step gets wet. I know this are marine speakers but can they withstand a bunch of water splashing them?

Dirtbag

Reaction score
Does that swim step sit pretty high out of the water?
Sometimes when we are on the back it the boat hangin out big wave comes by swim step gets wet. I know this are marine speakers but can they withstand a bunch of water splashing them?
actually sits way out of the water which is why im pushing Bob to build the extended swim step like Nordic has. We have never had water come too far up the back end but we never slam on the brakes and dont go out in rough seas haha....hoping they arent an issue!....I saw eliminator did this on their fundeck and it makes perfect sense for when you are hanging out on the beach in the water...they were the inspiration for the idea. I think ive used inspirations from every boat builder haha

Riverryder

Reaction score
@Dirtbag you installed brakes? That’s sick haha jk.
Another scenario is at the beach and wave comes crashing over back.
I love the idea of the speakers back there. But I would worry.

Dcb just did it on the 37 they delivered too but the speaks are pretty high since they have steps up the back.

did you do the dam run with your other boat in 2020? I think I was on the other pump at Willow with you.

Dirtbag

Reaction score

Dcb just did it on the 37 they delivered too but the speaks are pretty high since they have steps up the back.

did you do the dam run with your other boat in 2020? I think I was on the other pump at Willow with you.
where we park on beaches not worried about waves....maybe only grandpa beach near topock but thats about it. Havent done the d2d run yet....another cool feature of the speakers was putting the system in zones....My mom sits in the back and constantly complains about how loud the speakers are back there...well we created the mom zone...and we can turn her speakers off. can also turn all the speakers off except for the back two for when we are hanfin out in the channel or at pirates .... a must have feature i needed and bob delivered. got a couple more secrets i have kept under wraps that pops and I figured out after owning the last one....spoke to bob today and prolly taking her home next week

Riverryder

Reaction score
You gonna share the secrets?

That’s cool about the zones was gonna ask about that next!
Congrats to you and your family! I have tried to get my dad involved with boating. I started with jet skis as that was what he liked but he never wanted to go out so I sold them and have been boating but he doesn’t like going out on the boat as he says it’s boring. So what ever his loss.
Even tried to buy the truck he had growing up from him so me my brother ours sons and him can rebuild it and go cruise and take it to shows but he sold it from under me as he said it wasn’t worth the trouble. Suck but what ever.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
You gonna share the secrets?

That’s cool about the zones was gonna ask about that next!
Congrats to you and your family! I have tried to get my dad involved with boating. I started with jet skis as that was what he liked but he never wanted to go out so I sold them and have been boating but he doesn’t like going out on the boat as he says it’s boring. So what ever his loss.
Even tried to buy the truck he had growing up from him so me my brother ours sons and him can rebuild it and go cruise and take it to shows but he sold it from under me as he said it wasn’t worth the trouble. Suck but what ever.
of course just want it to be done first. Ive borrowed so many ideas from all different types of boats and manufacturers. Pops is my best friend we do everything together. We argue about everything this boat build was definitelay different than the last. The first was just a blast and we had a lot of fun doing it together. on this one we had more opinions because of what we needed and wanted and liked and we battled a lot. I won most of them this time haha. But he had a lot of great ideas like our trash disposal which should be done this week. Hes more old school and im more gadgety but the one thing we both love is our Pink Floyd music and when people see the gator step they are gonna say holy shit lol....i cant wait to see it installed....end of the day this boat far outdoes Comfortably Numb and while i didnt think we could build a better looking boat than our last I love this design infinitely more.

LC925

Reaction score
She has her name..we decided to put on the hatch instead of squeeze between the speakers...

View attachment 1075046
I like this part fiberglass, part vinyl hatch. Is this different than your last?

Have thought about changing mine on the 26’ in the near future. Looks cleaner and think for my model, it would be easier to keep clean. At times, I get a ton of sut on the back with the Stage 3 and have to use elbow grease to get it off the vinyl.

It’s coming out great @Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Reaction score
same
I like this part fiberglass, part vinyl hatch. Is this different than your last?

Have thought about changing mine on the 26’ in the near future. Looks cleaner and think for my model, it would be easier to keep clean. At times, I get a ton of sut on the back with the Stage 3 and have to use elbow grease to get it off the vinyl.

It’s coming out great @Dirtbag
same hatch

Dirtbag

Reaction score
9CB974AF-DAFC-4527-AE98-D97CB7E5D3B6.jpeg
Really excited to show you all the final steps which was the gatorstep design. Many different albums of pink floyd are depicted here and we cant say enough about how gator step so cal just crushed it on this
A0E34836-AE92-4357-8F61-865812484D3E.jpeg
1E2FEBAE-DC16-448E-9385-573889CC38F5.jpeg
21D82DF2-4D3E-4900-8963-56D11AE5A6A8.jpeg
29025933-E554-4B84-9BD8-6C28C1FD0BD6.jpeg
B5E68B04-81D8-4877-9951-29EF0E555A02.jpeg
142F4272-045D-4D82-8A13-F4A9002430D8.jpeg
6A2DBBCD-C9D6-412A-BE22-07ABB05F0C2F.jpeg
6743161A-B177-4633-8019-B7EE1B7AFC96.jpeg
A2076221-06FB-4A8B-BC55-73BF5B915C6F.jpeg
38F41FE9-B072-4CAF-9C4F-040ECC0FE9C6.jpeg

Javajoe

Reaction score
Nice 👍
Looks like you got most of the album covers on there.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Just seen the IG post. Turned out amazing. Can’t wait to see it in the water

USMC2010

Reaction score
I guess I'll be the one, love the new boat, pulling it with a Tundra? LOL

Swain

Reaction score
if it can pull the space shuttle.....
Funny story we had a Tundra and the brakes were always squealing I take it back to the dealership for the 5th time and they say maybe your are to hard on the brakes. I said I use it for work which is a few miles away and back. I then said you have a commercial on TV pulling a space shuttle are you serious. He didn't know what to say after that. Brakes never stopped making noise lol.

BigMike

Reaction score

That was me at the dam run in 2020. First time I did that run. It was a great time. And yes, I believe we were at the pumps at Willow together. I burned a ton of fuel that day lol
D51F899B-B76E-47E9-A05E-B51E2DB2F20F.jpeg

Riverryder

Reaction score
@BigMike so did I that year. Last year I only added a little on the way back from Willow just to be safe, what a difference the motor rebuild did! Haha