WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Shoot out at Tucson Amtrak station

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Watching the Virtual Railfan feed this morning and a real live shoot out was going on , at least 20 shots fired ! Now trains aren’t even safe .. what’s the world coming to ??

Attachments

• 6F8F63E4-2EA6-44F5-852E-4E20D176F7EA.jpeg
    6F8F63E4-2EA6-44F5-852E-4E20D176F7EA.jpeg
    454.4 KB · Views: 191

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Well, had a shoot'em-up deal on that French train...
I wonder if these were Haitians or Mexicans? Either way, bet you someone there involved isn't legal.

Taboma

Reaction score
Odd, can't find anything on any Tucson news stations 🤔

Taboma

Reaction score
Or maybe the headline would be:
Only 20 shots fired in today's shootout, 4 less than the cities all-time record of 24.
🤭
I mean really, this is the type of angle these idiot news stations take. Glad I get my important news from rdp😊😄

I tend to always hear about something FIRST on RDP, and that inspires me to go forth seeking further enlightenment. 🥴
I find my favorite Kool-Aid, is the one I make once all the proper ingredients have been assembled. 😁

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I tend to always hear about something FIRST on RDP, and that inspires me to go forth seeking further enlightenment. 🥴
I find my favorite Kool-Aid, is the one I make once all the proper ingredients have been assembled. 😁
👍Yessir, very prudent. The youngins these days let someone else deduce info for them.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Yeah, we have been looking for info about the shooting since we have a couple guys right down there by the station. Even the TPD twitter site has almost zero info. Just that there was a shooting and stay away from the area.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
News is saying the shooter was onboard an Amtrac train from LA to NOLA and a shooting took place at the tucson station but onboard the train.

Wonder if its the Religon of Peace at work again

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
City bus on steel wheels. A few ride for the nostalgia, but the rest can't or won't get on an airplane.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
News is saying the shooter was onboard an Amtrac train from LA to NOLA and a shooting took place at the tucson station but onboard the train.

Wonder if its the Religon of Peace at work again
I just watched the video from the KOLD story posted above. It looks like there were 2 undercover officers on the train and suspected a couple guys for carrying. They took both out and had an adjacent K9 officer inspect the bags and didn't appear to indicate anything. Im guessing there was a 3rd they were going to talk to and he is the one that started the shooting.....

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I just watched the video from the KOLD story posted above. It looks like there were 2 undercover officers on the train and suspected a couple guys for carrying. They took both out and had an adjacent K9 officer inspect the bags and didn't appear to indicate anything. Im guessing there was a 3rd they were going to talk to and he is the one that started the shooting.....

You can’t carry on a train?

Blubyu

Reaction score
Looks like 1 officer has passed. 2 others injured according to several different news sources.

The train arrived in Tucson from the north so the suspects were either from Casa Grande, Phoenix, or further west on the route.....

A DEA officer is the one who passed, another DEA Officer is critical... TPD Officer that was shot should be okay. One suspect is dead, other is in custody. It was a drug investigation.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
A DEA officer is the one who passed, another DEA Officer is critical... TPD Officer that was shot should be okay. One suspect is dead, other is in custody. It was a drug investigation.
So I was right and the 2 guys on the platform in plain clothes are the DEA agents and the offi er with the K9 is TPD?

VooDooChildZ28

Reaction score
Why did that K9 officer run to the train, just to immediately run away like a coward? Skin that smoke wagon, get to work.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Why did that K9 officer run to the train, just to immediately run away like a coward? Skin that smoke wagon, get to work.
I'm not too familiar with police protocols in this situation, but I'm guessing he ran in to the sounds of shots being fired and as soon as he got into the car he found he had no cover so he found the nearest cover which was back by the camera. I don't know if you have ever been in one if those multi-deck Amtrak cars, but the lower level near the door has pretty much ZERO cover places where one can quickly jump behind.

VooDooChildZ28

Reaction score
I'm not too familiar with police protocols in this situation, but I'm guessing he ran in to the sounds of shots being fired and as soon as he got into the car he found he had no cover so he found the nearest cover which was back by the camera. I don't know if you have ever been in one if those multi-deck Amtrak cars, but the lower level near the door has pretty much ZERO cover places where one can quickly jump behind.

Watch the video. Shots fired. K9 moves in. Shots fired. K9 retreats

Orange Juice

Reaction score
Watching the Virtual Railfan feed this morning and a real live shoot out was going on , at least 20 shots fired ! Now trains aren’t even safe .. what’s the world coming to ??
Train robberies have been going on for almost 200 years.

😉

Last edited:

VooDooChildZ28

Reaction score
I have watched it. Several times. Re-read what I wrote.
I did buddy. Doesn’t explain the scenario. Watch the video, he ran away. He shouldn’t have even put the dog in harms way , if he had no intention of ending the threat, release the dog and blast the bad guys. Doesn’t take a SEAL to figure that out

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I did buddy. Doesn’t explain the scenario. Watch the video, he ran away. He shouldn’t have even put the dog in harms way , if he had no intention of ending the threat, release the dog and blast the bad guys. Doesn’t take a SEAL to figure that out
You truly have ZERO idea what you are talking about nor do you know the interior of those train cars. By your logic the office should just stand in the 1 person wide hallway and just get lit up.

Taboma

Reaction score
Anybody seen any videos or info on what it took to take this shooter into custody ?

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Anybody seen any videos or info on what it took to take this shooter into custody ?

He was found dead in a bathroom. No idea if it was self inflicted or was hit by a cop round.

No idea on the second perp but he was taken alive.

VooDooChildZ28

Reaction score
That’s a good way to get shot in the back, and he almost dId. It’s called the cone of fire you walk into the cone to narrow the area not retreat.
Amen. Who turns their back to an active shooter while armed?

VooDooChildZ28

Reaction score
Curious, as I don't know the answer. Have you ever been shot at or shot at anyone?

Hypothetically speaking , if it were you handling the K9, you approach a situation and gun shots erupt. You going to turn your back to an active shooter?

VooDooChildZ28

Reaction score

Yes idiot, have you? Did you turn your back to the bastard shooting at you? I’m sure you ran away like the cuck K9 officer. Tell me all about your Call of duty experience

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Yes idiot, have you? Did you turn your back to the bastard shooting at you? I’m sure you ran away like the cuck K9 officer. Tell me all about your Call of duty experience
Been on the business end of a gun on more than one occasion and never once did the logical thing. Not sure why you've resorted to name calling, I just asked a simple question that you didn't answer until the 3rd time. But hey, I get it, some people can't have a civil discussion. Cheers! And I'm a little old for COD kid.