WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Shoot out at Tucson Amtrak station

VooDooChildZ28

Reaction score
Been on the business end of a gun on more than one occasion and never once did the logical thing. Not sure why you've resorted to name calling, I just asked a simple question that you didn't answer until the 3rd time. But hey, I get it, some people can't have a civil discussion. Cheers! And I'm a little old for COD kid.
Been on the business end of a gun on more than one occasion and never once did the logical thing. Not sure why you've resorted to name calling, I just asked a simple question that you didn't answer until the 3rd time. But hey, I get it, some people can't have a civil discussion. Cheers! And I'm a little old for COD kid.

Sorry I hurt your feelings. Cheers!!!!!!!

BarstowCowboy

Reaction score
Why did that K9 officer run to the train, just to immediately run away like a coward? Skin that smoke wagon, get to work.
I think he ran for cover because someone was shooting at him. I don't know a lot about how Amtrak trains are constructed but I would be surprised to find out that there was anything onboard an Amtrak train that could be considered adequate cover to stop a bullet at close range. I don't think his courage can be questioned since he left a position of safety in order to run into the train to investigate the sound of gunfire. Maybe you should volunteer to retrain the officer.

BarstowCowboy

Reaction score
Watch the video. Shots fired. K9 moves in. Shots fired. K9 retreats
After thinking about it you're totally right. He should've stayed in the fatal funnel of the train aisle long enough to see where the shooter was camping, and then after he got killed and re-spawned he should've spammed the X button and used his melee weapon (that the R2 button for you n00bs) to unlock his melee weapon achievement. He totally could've leveled up and pwned the other guys. If only you were there it would've all gone much differently. You should stop being so modest and give yourself more credit for being the badass operator that you most certainly are.

BarstowCowboy

Reaction score
I did buddy. Doesn’t explain the scenario. Watch the video, he ran away. He shouldn’t have even put the dog in harms way , if he had no intention of ending the threat, release the dog and blast the bad guys. Doesn’t take a SEAL to figure that out
You sound like you have a lot of experience with working dogs. Did you play COD Ghosts? You do realize that the dog is a biting machine with an IQ of 2 that will set its jaws upon the first living thing it encounters, right? It doesn't really grasp who the bad guy is. It doesn't use context clues to ascertain who is guilty of a crime that justifies the application of force, it just bites shit. Now that I think of it, you're kind of like one of those dogs, but instead of biting stuff you just shit post on internet forums about how you'd have done it and make vague references to some combat experience you claim to have had. Okay, I'm game, let's see the DD214 and have a look at box 13 and box 18. No bullshit, let's see it. I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

BarstowCowboy

Reaction score
That’s a good way to get shot in the back, and he almost dId. It’s called the cone of fire you walk into the cone to narrow the area not retreat.
Maybe he didn't want to send a bunch of rounds downrange within the confines of a thin skinned train that most certainly contained people fore and aft? I too have learned about the fatal funnel in MOUT training, but as an LEO if you have "collateral damage" the mess is not going to be cleaned up by having your battalion commander go to the village elders and give them a few thousand dollars for each innocent person you accidentally killed. He could've gotten shot in the back, but I think what's lost on this Monday morning QB brigade is that he DIDN'T get shot in the back, and he did survive, and as far as I can tell from reading the article no innocent bystanders were shot by a hot headed hard-ass trying to impress others by "skinning his smoke wagon"

Last edited:

BarstowCowboy

Reaction score
Amen. Who turns their back to an active shooter while armed?
Someone successfully running to cover and concealment? If he had a fire and maneuver buddy and some cover between where he was and where he was going he could've done better individual movement techniques, but then again if he had all that, oh, nevermind, I forgot, you're convinced of your superior knowledge and impervious to reason. Yeah, him and his dog should've just stood there in the open and let the bullets bounce off of them and lit up the whole train.

BarstowCowboy

Reaction score
Hypothetically speaking , if it were you handling the K9, you approach a situation and gun shots erupt. You going to turn your back to an active shooter?
As opposed to shooting into an unknown background full of train riders at a guy who's already achieved fire superiority and you might not even know the location of? All day.

BarstowCowboy

Reaction score
Yes idiot, have you? Did you turn your back to the bastard shooting at you? I’m sure you ran away like the cuck K9 officer. Tell me all about your Call of duty experience
Standing by waiting for details. Like unit, time/date and province of the contact, DD214 with block 13 and 18 visible...or whatever badass LE org you were a part of. Please, don't be so modest.

BarstowCowboy

Reaction score
Sorry I hurt your feelings. Cheers!!!!!!!
I don't think you hurt anyone's feelings, you're actually just making kind of a fool of yourself with all your larpy bravado with absolutely nothing to back it up. And then you say "cheers" like you're witty or something. Are we allowed to call each other names like fags on this board? I'm kinda new here, so I guess if calling someone a "cuck" is cool it's probably cool to say something like I bet someone can't see their own penis without a mirror, but I'm not sure about that so I'll hold off until I get clarification.

VooDooChildZ28

Reaction score
Standing by waiting for details. Like unit, time/date and province of the contact, DD214 with block 13 and 18 visible...or whatever badass LE org you were a part of. Please, don't be so modest.
Don’t mistake me for any kind of hero, cuck. I never served my country or wore a badge. But I did make some terrible decisions in my younger years that put me in scenarios I’m not proud of but I survived , learned my lessons and improved my life. I don’t need to hear a damn thing from some tweeker in Barstow , get back to catalytic converter theft and have a nice day

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Hey Dave, thanks for this site an all, but arguing on the internet about what cops do wrong is serious business!
Don’t mistake me for any kind of hero, cuck. I never served my country or wore a badge. But I did make some terrible decisions in my younger years that put me in scenarios I’m not proud of but I survived , learned my lessons and improved my life. I don’t need to hear a damn thing from some tweeker in Barstow , get back to catalytic converter theft and have a nice day

Maybe you two got a different definition of relax then I got..

Do I need to ask repeatedly until we figure it out? 🤪🤪

Oh and playing pool in my younger years and street racing I have been on the wrong end of a gun so many times I’d have to take my shoes off to count that high. 👀

since we are all playing credentials and call of duty at the same time.

BarstowCowboy

Reaction score
Sorry there friend, I didn't realize I was talking to an expert, please accept my apology and feel free to disparage me to whatever degree you feel is appropriate. Thank you for your service and your willingness to share your expertise with the rest of us.

VooDooChildZ28

Reaction score
Sorry there friend, I didn't realize I was talking to an expert, please accept my apology and feel free to disparage me to whatever degree you feel is appropriate. Thank you for your service and your willingness to share your expertise with the rest of us.

Crack or tweek?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Drug runners.
I carry a 9 on the train always and the dogs sniff right by and ignore me.