WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Shooting in office building in Orange county

4Waters

Reaction score

Socalx09

Reaction score
Very tragic. Know someone who lives very close to the area and what was said to have happened is heartbreaking.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
My office at one time was very close to there. I am trying to remember the office buildings.

Yep....used to go to the Weinersnitzel occasionally right by there :(
RIP to the victims

Last edited:

just_floatin

Reaction score
Very sad and too close for comfort with a family member that lives in proximity to the office.

Cdog

Reaction score
Damn. Sad to see in my old hood. That’s always been my short cut route from the Phoenix club or when the 91 E was fuct getting home in AH.

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
Damn use to live and work down the street from there. Would drive by there almost daily on the way to work or frequenting my favorite breakfast burrito place Troys. Definitely hits close to home. Rip

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Wow, another mass shooting in a democrap state, with massive gun restrictions... This really surprises me... NOT.

Prayers for the victims Families. :(

Lets not stoop to the low of politicians on this and try to make this political. Regardless of the state this happened in, innocent people and a child lost there life for no good reason.

ver very sad. May they all RIP. 😞

BingerFang

Reaction score
Wow, another mass shooting in a democrap state, with massive gun restrictions... This really surprises me... NOT.

Prayers for the victims Families. :(

4 people including a child were shot in a real estate office building at 5:30pm. Not sure how that has anything to do with democrats or gun restrictions.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
White shooter it don’t matter people lost lives over another idiot respect everyone

Cdog

Reaction score
I'm hearing from sources it was in a family councilors/family law office. Dude went full ham.

Last edited:

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Disgruntled CALTRANS worker who was fired after being videotaped illicitly selling scrap aluminum from the state's facility yard...

The shooting that claimed four lives — including a child’s — in Orange, California, was the worst in the city of about 140,000 residents since 1997, when a man killed the same number of people, according to a report.

Arturo Reyes Torres, 41, who was fired as an equipment operator for the state Department of Transportation, carried an assault rifle, a shotgun and a handgun when he returned to his workplace on Dec. 18 that year, the Orange County Register reported at the time.

Bent on exacting revenge for being axed six weeks earlier, Torres gunned down four and wounded several others, including a police officer.

Torres was then fatally shot in a wild shootout with police, according to the news outlet.

Aftermath of mass shooting at office complex in Orange, California

The gunman, who had worked for Caltrans for about 15 years, was fired after being videotaped while illicitly selling scrap aluminum from the state facility’s yard, the Register reported.

Cdog

Reaction score
Damn. It's a multi tenant building. Sucks to be a target let alone get caught up in the cross fire.

Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 10.04.31 AM.png

Last edited:

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Authorities have released the shooter's name. It is Gonzalez.

I am happy to report that we are safe from White Supremacy/White Terrorism and we can now approach this as a gun control issue.

I'm learning how to approach these things from my woke acquaintances.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Crazy world we live on, so very sad.🥺
I should just get back in my spaceship and go home to Mars(at least that's where my wife thinks I'm from😊)with my loving earthling family 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦

Cdog

Reaction score
Remember when crazy people just did crazy things and good people unfortunately got hurt or killed.....

Getting pretty sick of everything being being called a mass shooting.

“You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. I mean, it’s an opportunity to do things that you think you could not do before.”
Rahm Emanual

CLdrinker

Reaction score
4 people including a child were shot in a real estate office building at 5:30pm. Not sure how that has anything to do with democrats or gun restrictions.
You will find the answers you seek today on the 5’oclock news.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Damn use to live and work down the street from there. Would drive by there almost daily on the way to work or frequenting my favorite breakfast burrito place Troys. Definitely hits close to home. Rip
Troy's, best greasy spoon I've EVER eaten at!! My folks lived back towards the 55 fwy right off Anchor. We've eaten there many. many times. Best fricken patty melt ever and the pastrami is great!!

TeamGreene

Reaction score
Must not have been an AR I have heard numerous news reports with no mention of weapon type

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Must not have been an AR I have heard numerous news reports with no mention of weapon type

hand gun and he knew all of the victims.

Funny none of the recent shooting have grown legs. Must not fit the wanted narrative.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
hand gun and he knew all of the victims.

Funny none of the recent shooting have grown legs. Must not fit the wanted narrative.

I was kinna wondering that as well. Even the Colorado one. Very odd indeed.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Most people don’t even know that the worst one in years was at a DC barbecue last year.
20 shot. But only one dead so nothing to report.
Plus it was Black perps at a black barbecue so the media wasn’t very interested.

RIP to these CA victims.
But the reality is that’s just a Tuesday night in killing fields like Chicago, DC, St Luis etc.

Member: 71

M ǝ ɯ q ǝ ɹ : 7 1
Reaction score
Disgruntled CALTRANS worker who was fired after being videotaped illicitly selling scrap aluminum from the state's facility yard...

The shooting that claimed four lives — including a child’s — in Orange, California, was the worst in the city of about 140,000 residents since 1997, when a man killed the same number of people, according to a report.

Arturo Reyes Torres, 41, who was fired as an equipment operator for the state Department of Transportation, carried an assault rifle, a shotgun and a handgun when he returned to his workplace on Dec. 18 that year, the Orange County Register reported at the time.

Bent on exacting revenge for being axed six weeks earlier, Torres gunned down four and wounded several others, including a police officer.

Torres was then fatally shot in a wild shootout with police, according to the news outlet.

Aftermath of mass shooting at office complex in Orange, California

The gunman, who had worked for Caltrans for about 15 years, was fired after being videotaped while illicitly selling scrap aluminum from the state facility’s yard, the Register reported.

This shooting is from 1997.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
This shooting is from 1997.
I work for Caltrans now and was working then when this happened.
Recycling aluminum, ie cans, road find camper shell parts etc was fairly commonplace.
Road side signs are aluminum too. So, when a sign gets demolished it’s basically trash.
Hear say was he was singled out for doing what others were doing.

ssc

Reaction score
It is a very unfortunate situation. However, since it took place in Orange County, my old buddy Todd will prosecute the MF in an aggressive fashion and depending on the facts, may seek the death penalty. Unlike that disgusting waste of flesh DA in Los Angeles who would be more interested in prosecuting the police.

Cheers, Steve

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Police say the shooter had a relationship with each of the victims and this was not random. Can we stop calling this a mass shooting and switch to premeditated murder now? I hope he dies from his wounds. So we don't have to pay to kill him later.

Taboma

Reaction score
I work for Caltrans now and was working then when this happened.
Recycling aluminum, ie cans, road find camper shell parts etc was fairly commonplace.
Road side signs are aluminum too. So, when a sign gets demolished it’s basically trash.
Hear say was he was singled out for doing what others were doing.

Doesn't Caltrans have a recycle collection bin at the yard where this type of scrap is stored and later sold in bulk to a recycler ?
As an electrical contractor, it was considered theft if an employee kept and scrapped any copper wire, unless it was small conductor scrap or asked and received permission. We had a bin for it, sold in lot and the proceeds used for a company gathering. Wasn't done so much for the money as to stop any bickering over who was getting the scrap --- Nobody, it belonged to the company.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Doesn't Caltrans have a recycle collection bin at the yard where this type of scrap is stored and later sold in bulk to a recycler ?
As an electrical contractor, it was considered theft if an employee kept and scrapped any copper wire, unless it was small conductor scrap or asked and received permission. We had a bin for it, sold in lot and the proceeds used for a company gathering. Wasn't done so much for the money as to stop any bickering over who was getting the scrap --- Nobody, it belonged to the company.
Yes the damaged roadside signs are officially collected and recycled. The issue is with the "road find" stuff. Technically EVERYTHING found on the road is to be held for a period of time then either disposed of if no apparent value or if of obvious value turned into general services for action I believe. Of course most non valuable stuff has value to someone, if you know what I mean.
It used to be acceptable to stock pile found aluminum then cash it in periodically for a crew BBQ. The above incident among other reasons is why that practice is highly discouraged these days.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

RodnJen

Reaction score