WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Shootings

beerrun

Reaction score
I can't remember when the last shooting was with Trump i know he had them just can't remember its been awhile. Now with Biden there has been like 5 in 4mo fits right in with them pushing gun control

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
It is pretty strange that there has been more mass shootings in the first 90 days of the Biden Administration than the entire Trump Presidency. 🤦‍♂️ I don’t believe in coincidences. I’m sure most of these have been orchestrated to take away guns from law abiding citizens. Then the only people who will have guns will be the Government and Criminals just like Mexico. 😡

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
It is pretty strange that there has been more mass shootings in the first 90 days of the Biden Administration than the entire Trump Presidency. 🤦‍♂️ I don’t believe in coincidences. I’m sure most of these have been orchestrated to take away guns from law abiding citizens. Then the only people who will have guns will be the Government and Criminals just like Mexico. 😡
:(

The claim that there were no mass shootings under Trump is simply false. In fact, the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history took place during the Trump era. In October 2017, a gunman shot and killed nearly 60 people at a music festival in Las Vegas. While not an exhaustive list of every mass shooting that took place during the Trump administration, here are some of the deadliest incidents while Trump was in office:

4Waters

Reaction score

The claim that there were no mass shootings under Trump is simply false. In fact, the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history took place during the Trump era. In October 2017, a gunman shot and killed nearly 60 people at a music festival in Las Vegas. While not an exhaustive list of every mass shooting that took place during the Trump administration, here are some of the deadliest incidents while Trump was in office:

Read his post numbnuts, he never said there were no mass shootings under Trump. As far as the route 91 shooting we still know nothing about it and never will because it's a cover up.

Badchoices03

Reaction score

I am pretty sure the Las Vegas concert, Sutherland Church, and Texas Walmart were all pretty deadly shootings during the Trump administration. Just to name a few. I was/am a Trump supporter and gun enthusiast but I keep hearing people say there were no shootings during his time, and its just not true.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

Sometimes I do agree with Mr RL or Bobby, and it scares me... There were shootings. I couldn't say more or less, in terms of events or numbers of wounded. The difference between administration seems to be how it is played out in the media. It could be focused on the weapons used, or the skin color of the shooter.

More gun laws won't help. Chicago has a lot of them...Hell, Mexico has a ton. Both are places I have no need to visit. Better chance of me wanting to vacation in Syria.

SnoC653

Reaction score
During the Trump years the focus of a shooting was on the shooter being a criminal. Now the focus is on the weapon. And now the shooter is portrayed a victim just as much as the people that they shot with those scary guns.

LowRiver2

Reaction score

And let us all know what your solution is Bobby ?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
The shootings happen regardless. The only difference is if the media pushes it or not.

During the Trump years the focus of a shooting was on the shooter being a criminal. Now the focus is on the weapon. And now the shooter is portrayed a victim just as much as the people that they shot with those scary guns.

Truth.

Reactions: DLC

LowRiver2

Reaction score
We know what his solution is.
Yeah,
Ban guns,
Like the one a Fireman used in his town of YL to protect a family from an drugged out intruder entering a home.
Happened about 3 miles from Bobby’s house

I guess Bobby would throw fire sprinkler heads at a guy busting out a sliding glass door that was all between the suspect and the Fireman’s wife and baby🙄

RodnJen

Reaction score
Yeah,
Ban guns,
Like the one a Fireman used in his town of YL to protect a family from an drugged out intruder entering a home.
Happened about 3 miles from Bobby’s house

I guess Bobby would throw fire sprinkler heads at a guy busting out a sliding glass door that was all between the suspect and the Fireman’s wife and baby🙄

I don’t recall anyone on here asking to ban guns.

Since you have a unique perspective on the subject, what do you suggest?

77charger

Reaction score
Dems never let a crisis go to waste. No secret they want guns banned period!

now they will blame Republicans for not being on board with their agenda.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I don’t recall anyone on here asking to ban guns.

Since you have a unique perspective on the subject, what do you suggest?
Co. Like Fed Ex?

Get Co. Supervisors that want to train (Veterans preferred) to go through Federal Air Marshall training program
It is kept classified as to who carries.

Will it stop shootings?
No
Will it reduce them?
Yes

Read enough active shooter follow ups on those that lived to know most are cowards and will think twice about initiating an assault if there is a chance there is someone armed at the location.

Would be able to be implemented in a year, state’s control the background process, follow up training

Last edited:

beerrun

Reaction score
If you read my post I said I can't remember the last shooting under Trump i said I know he had them. It just seems there are alot of shootings all of a sudden at a time when they are pushing gun control.

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
Mass shooting almost all of the time happen in “ gun free zones” because the coward behind the trigger ( criminal) doesn’t want to be shot. The word illegal gun owners is just that. A criminal not afraid to go against the law. Taking guns away from legal gun owners does nothing to the criminal. After all...... they are criminals .

DLC

Reaction score
1618592704908.png
1618592704908.png

DLC

Reaction score
You can go on and on ....

bad people and mentally challenged people shouldnt have guns

pass laws thats say don’t use a gun while committing a crime ..... oh and maybe killing people with guns should be outlawed that will solve all this craziness !

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Maybe if they prosecuted those who commit crimes with guns more harshly with stiffer penalties there might be some second thoughts by the perpetrators before they commit the crime with a gun. If they know that if they get caught they’ll be breaking rocks or doing hard labor for an extended time, that may create a deterrent.

But having DA’s like Gascan not prosecuting criminals as such, crime will just escalate with no repercussions for breaking the law.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Mass shooting almost all of the time happen in “ gun free zones” because the coward behind the trigger ( criminal) doesn’t want to be shot. The word illegal gun owners is just that. A criminal not afraid to go against the law. Taking guns away from legal gun owners does nothing to the criminal. After all...... they are criminals .
Don't use logic and all with the left.... They don't posses that quality and get offended and the mention or use of it.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Chicago from 1/1/21 through 4/15/21 ...... 864 shootings leaving 163 dead

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
How about starting with this: since the left is all about defunding the police and using what amounts to social workers instead, switch that up a bit and use the social workers to generate info on ROOT CAUSES of violence. Start with the behaviors exhibited by past shooters and work back towards through those who use knives, bats, cars, poison etc. eventually they might make it to domestic issues.

rrrr

Reaction score
To properly view this post, you need to be on a desktop or tablet. I can't format it for phone viewing, it's too complex. If you really want to learn something, make the effort.

Every day more than 25 black persons die by random gun violence. It's completely ignored. These are one by one murders, not "mass shootings". These victim's mothers don't get to be on TV. The families can't afford to hire race pimp lawyers, and no protesters show up to mourn the death of just another statistic.

Immediately after the 1968 assassinations of Dr King and Robert Kennedy, Congress passed and the president signed the Gun Control Act of 1968. It was the beginning of background checks and other measures.

But there were also measures in the law that codified criminal acts committed with a firearm, and made that conduct punishable by imprisonment.

This law, on the books for 52 years now, says that anyone committing a felony action, and doing so with a handgun or long gun, shall be found guilty of violating the law, and shall serve a sentence in federal prison of five to ten years.

That's right, kids. The law is on the books. Every motherfucking punk that pulls out a stolen Glock while robbing a store or jacking a car should be out in federal custody for years.

You've never heard of this law, have you? I believe that's because it would provide a highway to prison for the group that overwhelmingly commits such crimes, young black males. It didn't play well in the years following the 1964 civil rights legislation and the murder of Dr King, and it sure as fuck won't play well now.

If the politicians had the guts to enforce the law, the thousands of lil' badasses tossed into federal prison might dissuade the remaining thugs to stop carrying, and then they couldn't shoot their best friend over $30 worth of weed.

Here's a link to the relevant section of the GCA, 18 USC Section 924.

Whoever, with intent to commit therewith an offense punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year, or with knowledge or reasonable cause to believe that an offense punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year is to be committed therewith, ships, transports, or receives a firearm or any ammunition in interstate or foreign commerce shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

(c)(1)(A) Except to the extent that a greater minimum sentence is otherwise provided by this subsection or by any other provision of law, any person who, during and in relation to any crime of violence or drug trafficking crime (including a crime of violence or drug trafficking crime that provides for an enhanced punishment if committed by the use of a deadly or dangerous weapon or device) for which the person may be prosecuted in a court of the United States, uses or carries a firearm, or who, in furtherance of any such crime, possesses a firearm, shall, in addition to the punishment provided for such crime of violence or drug trafficking crime-

(i) be sentenced to a term of imprisonment of not less than 5 years;

(ii) if the firearm is brandished, be sentenced to a term of imprisonment of not less than 7 years; and

(iii) if the firearm is discharged, be sentenced to a term of imprisonment of not less than 10 years.

(B) If the firearm possessed by a person convicted of a violation of this subsection-

(i) is a short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun, or semiautomatic assault weapon, the person shall be sentenced to a term of imprisonment of not less than 10 years; or

(ii) is a machinegun or a destructive device, or is equipped with a firearm silencer or firearm muffler, the person shall be sentenced to a term of imprisonment of not less than 30 years.

(C) In the case of a violation of this subsection that occurs after a prior conviction under this subsection has become final, the person shall-

(i) be sentenced to a term of imprisonment of not less than 25 years; and

(ii) if the firearm involved is a machinegun or a destructive device, or is equipped with a firearm silencer or firearm muffler, be sentenced to imprisonment for life.

(D) Notwithstanding any other provision of law-

(i) a court shall not place on probation any person convicted of a violation of this subsection; and

(ii) no term of imprisonment imposed on a person under this subsection shall run concurrently with any other term of imprisonment imposed on the person, including any term of imprisonment imposed for the crime of violence or drug trafficking crime during which the firearm was used, carried, or possessed.

(2) For purposes of this subsection, the term "drug trafficking crime" means any felony punishable under the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 801 et seq.), the Controlled Substances Import and Export Act (21 U.S.C. 951 et seq.), or chapter 705 of title 46.

(3) For purposes of this subsection the term "crime of violence" means an offense that is a felony and-

(A) has as an element the use, attempted use, or threatened use of physical force against the person or property of another, or

(B) that by its nature, involves a substantial risk that physical force against the person or property of another may be used in the course of committing the offense.

(4) For purposes of this subsection, the term "brandish" means, with respect to a firearm, to display all or part of the firearm, or otherwise make the presence of the firearm known to another person, in order to intimidate that person, regardless of whether the firearm is directly visible to that person.

(5) Except to the extent that a greater minimum sentence is otherwise provided under this subsection, or by any other provision of law, any person who, during and in relation to any crime of violence or drug trafficking crime (including a crime of violence or drug trafficking crime that provides for an enhanced punishment if committed by the use of a deadly or dangerous weapon or device) for which the person may be prosecuted in a court of the United States, uses or carries armor piercing ammunition, or who, in furtherance of any such crime, possesses armor piercing ammunition, shall, in addition to the punishment provided for such crime of violence or drug trafficking crime or conviction under this section-

(A) be sentenced to a term of imprisonment of not less than 15 years; and

(B) if death results from the use of such ammunition-

(i) if the killing is murder (as defined in section 1111), be punished by death or sentenced to a term of imprisonment for any term of years or for life; and

(ii) if the killing is manslaughter (as defined in section 1112), be punished as provided in section 1112.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As for selling to and possession by the below defined individuals, the law is pretty fucking clear:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(d) It shall be unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person-

(1) is under indictment for, or has been convicted in any court of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;

(2) is a fugitive from justice;

(3) is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802));

(4) has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution;
(Why do we need new "Red Flag" laws?)

(5) who, being an alien-

(A) is illegally or unlawfully in the United States; or

(B) except as provided in subsection (y)(2), has been admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa (as that term is defined in section 101(a)(26) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(26)));

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The penalties are similar; sell a gun to someone who fits the above criteria, and you're going to federal prison for up to 25 years.

Last edited:

rrrr

Reaction score
Maybe if they prosecuted those who commit crimes with guns more harshly with stiffer penalties there might be some second thoughts by the perpetrators before they commit the crime with a gun. If they know that if they get caught they’ll be breaking rocks or doing hard labor for an extended time, that may create a deterrent.

But having DA’s like Gascan not prosecuting criminals as such, crime will just escalate with no repercussions for breaking the law.

This is why I made the above post. The law is there, it's been there for over fifty years!

rrrr

Reaction score
But the problem is that they don’t enforce the laws that would curb gun violence.

The left needs to keep minorities and the poor in the role of supplicants to their largesse. For over half a century, the Democrats have convinced that group they cannot stand on their own, and by doing so they have guaranteed themselves that vote.

It wasn't until Trump came along with the combination of tax cuts, the elimination of job killing regulations, and making America aware of the economic menace that China represents, that minorities and the poor began to realize that by voting Republican they could lift themselves out of their distressed situation.

The shift in black voting to Republican Party candidates in 2020 is proof of this. To counter the move, the left is going all in on free money, cries of racism, promises of slavery reparations, and similar cynical ploys.

I can only hope some strong conservative voices can make themselves be heard, but when the Democrats are doing things like passing out $3,600 in monthly payments for every child in households making less than $170,000 AGI, it won't be easy.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
It makes me wonder if there’s any correlation to the lockdowns and ridiculous restrictions that have been placed on society over the last year, are people just reaching a breaking point and flipping out? Or is it just crazy people have always been around and doing crazy shit. 🤷‍♀️

It’s always somewhat irritating and comical to watch the speculation before they’ve even removed the bodies and made notifications. 😔

wzuber

Reaction score
The shootings happen regardless. The only difference is if the media pushes it or not.
this here is likely the most realistic, accurate statement yet. They happen when they happen. The leftist scum just USE them to further their disarmament agenda to steal our self protection rights away from the good citizens. Then we rapidly become another mexico, venezuela what have you.

Reactions: DWC

wzuber

Reaction score
It makes me wonder if there’s any correlation to the lockdowns and ridiculous restrictions that have been placed on society over the last year, are people just reaching a breaking point and flipping out? Or is it just crazy people have always been around and doing crazy shit. 🤷‍♀️

It’s always somewhat irritating and comical to watch the speculation before they’ve even removed the bodies and made notifications. 😔

I believe people on or near the edge certainly get pushed to the breaking point when this level of stress is thrust upon them.