WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Shootout results

Raffit78

Reaction score
Did they ever post results from the shootout?

I don’t believe the shootout happened. There was a tragic accident and I believe they shut it down to get as many emergency responders to the scene as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NicPaus

Reaction score
I don’t believe the shootout happened. There was a tragic accident and I believe they shut it down to get as many emergency responders to the scene as possible.

It happened after most the boats already ran in the shootout. I passed while it was underwater and again when it was sponsons up recovered. RIP

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
They ran part of it. I had not seen all of the results.

MooreMoney

Reaction score
That’s a major bummer. Hope everyone was Safe on the course.

BasilHayden

Reaction score
We watched most boats make multiple passes earlier, as always who knows who had the big number. Lickety was obviously one of the players.
Tragic to see what happened to a participant, but it was in no way part of the poker run or shootout. Unfortunately while enjoying this activity that we all particpate in with our family and friends, sadly at any moment something tragic can happen. I for one want to be able to continue to enjoy this pastime at speeds that many feel are excessive, frankly I believe I should have the choice to determine how much is enough. These big cats exceed my need, but who am I to say that 90 is enough, they want a bit more and if they are reasonable and responsible, its their choice.

WildWilly

Reaction score
London in Dial 911 was king at 185 and Summer also in Dial 911 was queen at 153. Other than that just saw a few random results of individuals.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
The big blown 26 Daytona went 140 before engine had problems and went into limp mode. They were only turning 5400 rpm at the time too.

That Boat is capable of 150+

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Don London ran 185 and won the event.

His daughter of Aka Mrs Swoop ran 150 something and won queen of the desert again.

Riley1

Reaction score
Did anyone else see that 31 DCB do a 180 at the end of his run? Scared us while watching it. I believe it was a black and gray m31?

CLdrinker

Reaction score
The big blown 26 Daytona went 140 before engine had problems and went into limp mode. They were only turning 5400 rpm at the time too.

Which one? Orange and white with the Arias Hemi or the white yellow with the huge Whipple?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

That’s crazy fast in that boat

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Did anyone else see that 31 DCB do a 180 at the end of his run? Scared us while watching it. I believe it was a black and gray m31?
Didn't hear about this, any more info?

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
E412E295-D4E2-4DA6-B61F-558E7921207F.jpeg
Here is the link

https://instagram.com/p/Bh2Oatbligo/

I don’t know how to save the photos from Instagram to my phone to repost them
This is all I could get

ElGuapo

Reaction score
Didn't hear about this, any more info?
I saw it right in front of us. We were anchored down past the finish line. It seemed like he decided to start turning around when he had too much speed still. He came right by us after and said everything was ok. Pretty crazy to watch though. I’m sure he had to have gotten tossed around a bit.

hallett21

Reaction score
DS record is still over 200 from an eliminator no?

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
DS record is still over 200 from an eliminator no?

Are you talking about the run that the orange eliminator did with a helo? I don't believe that was part of the shootout

NicPaus

Reaction score
That’s crazy fast in that boat
I was parked next to a 26 in the channel said he hit 127 on way back from Pirates. RDP hat but he said he just lurks on here occasionally. Told him to start posting. Said 134 is top speed he has seen.

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Greg Olson's 33 Daytona with twin GT Marine engines went 192 mph at Lake of the Ozark Shoot-out several years ago to win the event.

DWC

Reaction score
The MVP of the day was the Captain Hook boat. He got towed back Friday after the poker run. Not sure how many runs he had in the shoot out but he didn’t waste his entry fee. Bananas boat put on a good show too.
They really need a better way to broadcast the speeds. We had a hand held radio to the ear the whole time.

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score
The MVP of the day was the Captain Hook boat. He got towed back Friday after the poker run. Not sure how many runs he had in the shoot out but he didn’t waste his entry fee. Bananas boat put on a good show too.
They really need a better way to broadcast the speeds. We had a hand held radio to the ear the whole time.

Capt Hook did make a lot of passes, such a beautiful boat! Curious to hear his comments, boat has new big power and seems would be much more capable vs what it ran. Maybe setup was wrong or just taking it easy....

Reactions: DWC

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
Capt Hook did make a lot of passes, such a beautiful boat! Curious to hear his comments, boat has new big power and seems would be much more capable vs what it ran. Maybe setup was wrong or just taking it easy....

Couldn’t have been too bad. He was out on the water on Sunday and Monday.

Reactions: DWC

Dirtbag

Reaction score

could not agree more.....at least announce what channel its on so people can listen in.......tbh they should have a screen on the pirates cove boat that flashes the speed as a boat passes. Its really not hard to do.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
what did the whackers run btw....think 2 or 3 different whackers ran? I thought the shootout would be a great place to see who the fastest 28-29 footer was? Any ideas?

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
what did the whackers run btw....think 2 or 3 different whackers ran? I thought the shootout would be a great place to see who the fastest 28-29 footer was? Any ideas?
I was thinking that too

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score
Couldn’t have been too bad. He was out on the water on Sunday and Monday.

The speeds he ran were simply not what that power should be capable of. Like I said could have been set up or taking it easy

DWC

Reaction score

From what i remember they were all in the 110-120 range. I think the MTI was the fastest, which was a little surprising considering how big it is.
Hopefully they post the full results.