WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

shop near boulder city that's good with hydraulic steering repair?

pcrussell50

Reaction score
i moved my ocean fishing boat out to boulder city about a year ago because all it's ever seen was salt water and i don't fish as much anymore since i had my first kid, (she's four and a half now).

anyhow, it's got teleflex baystar hydraulic steering (90hp mercury outboard), and the steering rod is almost jammed in the tilt tube, with cruddy old grease, and probably salt, but the steering shaft is not pitted, so I'm not quite sure much salt got in there, but it barely slides any more and is super hard on the steering ram. IOW, it needs a major cleaning and servicing, and i'm not in the mood to take it on right now. so who is a trustworthy shop, preferably near boulder city, but anywhere in vegas would do. i'm trying to avoid driving all the way down to needles, where a friend of the family is a highly regarded marine mechanic who would do it right, but it's a PITA to get there.

-Peter

Big Crapolla

Lake Mead Bound
Reaction score
Peter, sorry it took so long to reply but I've been out of town.

I always use All Season's marine in BC. Good family and trustworthy. Name's are Miller; Ted, Mike and Pat. Father and two sons.

Tom

pcrussell50

Reaction score
Thanks, Tom.

Nice to hear from a fellow Socal, BC'er. Where are you in BC? I'm in Water's Edge, off Pacifica right across the street from the River Mountain Loop trail parking lot.

-Peter

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Kevin @ R&R Prop Shop in Hendo. About 20 - 30 minutes out of BC, but an honest guy, very reasonable prices and an O/B guy too. 702-564-7502.

pcrussell50

Reaction score
Kevin @ R&R Prop Shop in Hendo. About 20 - 30 minutes out of BC, but an honest guy, very reasonable prices and an O/B guy too. 702-564-7502.

oh yes. you pointed me to him for some prop work and i used him. he was awesome all the way around. great workmanship, easy to talk to. i had no idea he was a general marine mechanic too... pretty much just assumed he only did props.

By the way how are the twin Monty's running? If I had to have a big boat I'd want a setup like yours.

-peter

STV_Keith

Reaction score
If he's not swamped busy, he'll help out with just about anything. I've seen him do welding repairs, repowers, engine rebuilds, gearcase rebuilds, painting/fiberglass work, etc, etc.

The Scarab is still running well. :) It's definitely not your average West Coast boat. Just the way I like it.

Big Crapolla

Lake Mead Bound
Reaction score
Peter,
I'm just down the street from you off Lake Mountain drive up in the Lake Mountain community. Been there around 5 years now.