WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Shop Recommendations for new toon interior ?

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Going to keep my barge Bennington and redo interior, flooring this winter.
Any recommendations for Shops in Havi?
Main Stitch did my bimini couple years back, happy with it.
Checking to see other good experiences . Nothing earth shattering, just redo what I have and switch to vinyl flooring.
Thanks in advance

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Going with Seam Dreams for new floor, F2 Synergy flooring and all new vinyl interior . Looking forward to the finished product.

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
Be sure to post up the finished product. I'm kicking around the idea of getting my interior redone and always like to see the finished product of what shops are putting out.

What is F2 Synergy flooring, can't say I have ever head of it?

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Be sure to post up the finished product. I'm kicking around the idea of getting my interior redone and always like to see the finished product of what shops are putting out.

What is F2 Synergy flooring, can't say I have ever head of it?

3AB90D87-9681-44FA-8B88-BCB9DEFAD0A4.jpeg

Here it is: F2 flooring :

Seam Dreams and Shimmer Marine use it.
Main Stitch uses Anderson vinyl flooring.
We liked the F2 product better.
Havasu Fire has it on their rescue boats, has held up well to their abuse I was told.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Lemme know what the final price comes out to. I've been thinking about doing my toon as well.

Text it to me if you want. Thanks.

TrojanDan

Reaction score
Did Shimmer Marine quote you as well? I’d like to update my carpet and aluminum skins as well. never thought of using Seam Dreams. I know Shimmer wants $2,500 for new aluminum skins.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Did Shimmer Marine quote you as well? I’d like to update my carpet and aluminum skins as well. never thought of using Seam Dreams. I know Shimmer wants $2,500 for new aluminum skins.
Yes I did
Shimmer has similar pricing and I’d recommend them for siding replacement or railing reloaders coating

I think seam dreams has an edge on upholstery work fit and finish wise and that was why I went with them.

DLC

Reaction score
On my toon the entire deck is sheet vinyl then all the stuff got bolted down thru the vinyl and deck, there is a spacer (Air gap ) to lift all the seats and stuff Up off the deck.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
On my toon the entire deck is sheet vinyl then all the stuff got bolted down thru the vinyl and deck, there is a spacer (Air gap ) to lift all the seats and stuff Up off the deck.
Main Stitch does vinyl only and wanted me to pick out Armstrong vinyl at Lowe’s. I just wasn’t interested in it vs the synergy stuff, although I’m sure vinyl is easier to clean.
I liked the fact the synergy flooring doesn’t show any cuts or knicks and is padded. Was told the padding was one of the reasons the public safety teams went with it.

DLC

Reaction score
Our vinyl doesn’t hold any dirt washes clean, although I don’t know if I need to wax it ....It does get warm on the feet in July August In full sun.
the synergy is good stuff

TrojanDan

Reaction score
Going with Seam Dreams for new floor, F2 Synergy flooring and all new vinyl interior . Looking forward to the finished product.

So how did it turn out? Was thinking of taking my tritoon on Friday to get quotes for flooring and new aluminum skins. On Monday Skips Prop Shop will be welding on my center toon extension for the new motor.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
So how did it turn out? Was thinking of taking my tritoon on Friday to get quotes for flooring and new aluminum skins. On Monday Skips Prop Shop will be welding on my center toon extension for the new motor.

Mine doesn’t start till mid January, booked it back in Oct.
Main stitch and Shimmer were booked into early December at that time.
Get a date soon, the Covid money/demand hit the interior shops too.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Seam Dreams has my toon completely apart and has started on it. I’ll post some progress pics.
Kristen has some color changes on the piping. I told her after all the high end stuff she’s done,
Whatever she thinks helps my old tank, go for it, lol.

DLC

Reaction score
do you have any pics of the current “ Old “ interior

are they going to “ recover existing fixtures “ or “ make all new” interior

that would be a fun project!

Seam Dreams has my toon completely apart and has started on it. I’ll post some progress pics.
Kristen has some color changes on the piping. I told her after all the high end stuff she’s done,
Whatever she thinks helps my old tank, go for it, lol.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
do you have any pics of the current “ Old “ interior

are they going to “ recover existing fixtures “ or “ make all new” interior

that would be a fun project!
All new, some seat bases reused , otherwise all née, same layout. Pics are from last summer:
5C8B1574-8F66-40C5-92E2-9CC76130FC7D.jpeg
A9777B5E-5084-4E17-BB3D-8381896B0F0B.jpeg

Last edited:

TrojanDan

Reaction score
Your interior looks great. Are you just going for an updated look? Hard to beat the quality and durability of the Bennington vinyl.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Your interior looks great. Are you just going for an updated look? Hard to beat the quality and durability of the Bennington vinyl.

Thanks

The seams on the lounge above engine and seat cushion stitching was coming apart. The base if the table (screws) rotted out.
I’ve “chased” fixing cushions as they wear out on other boats over the years. We decided to keep this another 5 minimum and keep it “nice” as it just turned 250 hours at 14 years old.
Keeping the “payments” for a vacation house vs. a new toon👍 This baby has been payed off a long time.
The carpet wasn’t bad, but I’m sure it holds 20lbs. of sand even vacuuming after each weekend 🤣. The stereo was way overdue for a rehab lol

Last edited:
Reactions: DLC

LowRiver2

Reaction score
91E11A7F-71C0-4F47-A56E-2FC603B13BFF.jpeg

Interior is all apart. Kristen found the wood underneath the front captains chairs and engine hatch had to be replaced . About $1800 more in work/materials .
I see it like home renovations , you always find more to be done once you take things apart.
She’ll be sending pics as it progresses.

PlanB

Reaction score
Looks like they are doing a good job. On my last toon I ran ENT conduit down the rails and through the subfloor for all the stereo wiring. Like Doug stated, now might be a good time to route all of that.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Looks like they are doing a good job. On my last toon I ran ENT conduit down the rails and through the subfloor for all the stereo wiring. Like Doug stated, now might be a good time to route all of that.
I talked to installer at Ron’s. He wants to do it after interior, which has been the plan (based off Seam Dreams/Ron’s recommendations) in the planning stage. I’m basically just replacing the original system with an extra amp, better speakers , but all new nonetheless. I can see the benefits of doing what you guys did, but with not living there, and with my other projects going on, I’m okay with the plan.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
6E3B030D-6F4F-4603-B415-7C06E12BD010.jpeg
97B8319E-108A-49D0-A9D9-ABB0BA887075.jpeg
243AEC7F-0417-4043-A960-B023CCCE3768.jpeg

Almost there : really looking good. Kristen kept it close to it’s era but added just enough changes to update it and make it more durable (less seams on seat bottoms)

DLC

Reaction score
That looks great! New and classic at the same time.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score

DLC

Reaction score
That turned out really nice! Just like a new boat but for a 1/3 the cost !! LoL

are those JL speakers 6 inch or 8 inch?
I have like 10 -6inch kickers in my toon and they are good! Ya don’t have to crank it up to hear it while cruising yet can still talk- grab me a beer!

lol

turned out great!

LowRiver2

Reaction score
That turned out really nice! Just like a new boat but for a 1/3 the cost !! LoL

are those JL speakers 6 inch or 8 inch?
I have like 10 -6inch kickers in my toon and they are good! Ya don’t have to crank it up to hear it while cruising yet can still talk- grab me a beer!

lol

turned out great!
6”

I only have 6
Thinking about 2 detachable pods to the rear on side rails for zone speakers when parked
Will try in April (first time on water) , to see how this works out.
It’s a decent starting point but I’m sure it needs more.

Reactions: DLC