WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Shop Tour - DCB.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Let’s walk back out into the shop and take a look at the electrical side of things.

The wiring harnesses of each boat is laid out on these tables, and the tables themselves roll out to a “U” shape to mimic the shape of the dash of the boat and back to the transom.

it’s pretty cool to see M37 and then longer and shorter lines for say the 28 and up to the 44.
6DA320DE-AA61-452E-AD6F-08FBC8C066F6.jpeg
8AC5A6CB-63C1-43D8-9A63-C3833B31281D.jpeg
CCD9146B-9C21-4A93-8BC3-8A94AAA5C175.jpeg

As well they have tech manuals for each boat that can be referenced during the builds!
F013BC4C-5714-421B-8518-DA450891980B.jpeg
5216B89A-5AE3-4DE6-A5E3-385FCB486A4D.jpeg

Here you can see a panel being laid out and they will build it right here on the table.
CE68FB1E-B1AD-476A-A73A-183FE1D6FECB.jpeg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
While I was up top I took these photos that over look the shop to show what’s in production or in for upgrades. I’m looking forward to seeing what they do with that magic!

That concludes our shop tour of DCB!!

What I took away from the tour is that they do a lot more than just build DCB’s. They service all makes, they will do rigging and interior upgrades on all makes as well as traditional gel repairs etc.. Several boats that aren’t DCB’s make the trip to San Diego for their repair / service and upgrade needs

Thanks to the DCB team for the hospitality! See ya out on the water soon.

EF41D801-97A5-42C6-89DB-3B90E940899D.jpeg
48C750B0-63B1-4CDF-9455-2D9947D96ADC.jpeg

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
Damn 280 hard hours. There is nothing better than having the manufacturer service your boat. They know it better than anyone. Does magoo still have the record hours on his 1350s in his 35?
Magoo is kissing 600 hours on his M-35 and I do not know of anyone else with this many hours on their QC4V engines. He is still running the original transmissions and M8 drives too.

HCP3

Reaction score
So many nice things to point out... From the mold to the logistics of the operation, but the 37r seats really stand out to me. Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Now THAT is one of those special touches that might seam insignificant but is actually a testament to a builder caring for each boat as their own. No detail too small 👌
And as insane as it sounds, my 08 F26 isn’t missing any of these crazy details. I’ve been in some nooks and found stuff like wth no one should ever even see this...... yet it’s done. Every screw holding adels down is polished even. My 08 is on par or better than with other builders today.

This fall I’d love to come out for a small tour @Tony DCB Boats

TVMNick

Reaction score
Looks like wild child back there. Wonder what’s broken?
My boat is there for some updates and items I wanted done after having it for a bit! We absolutely love the boat but always have things that you want attended to after having it for a bit. I’m also having Tony adjust my drive height and toe to my liking while it’s there too just to dial it in a bit more for me!
My wife and I didn’t really shop around before we did our m37r, we have always had a great relationship with Tony, Jeff, Paul and crew at DCB and sincerely appreciate being in the DCB family as the owner group is amazing and we have made so many friends from it. I know there are some stigmas against DCB owners and in some cases those hold true, but most everyone I know are extremely kind hearted and good natured people that love boating!

Great thread and love that the forum gets to see the behind the scenes at DCB and what makes them unique in the industry.

Also, you guys know I’m never beaching my baby!! Lol.

JFMFG

Reaction score
My boat is there for some updates and items I wanted done after having it for a bit! We absolutely love the boat but always have things that you want attended to after having it for a bit. I’m also having Tony adjust my drive height and toe to my liking while it’s there too just to dial it in a bit more for me!
My wife and I didn’t really shop around before we did our m37r, we have always had a great relationship with Tony, Jeff, Paul and crew at DCB and sincerely appreciate being in the DCB family as the owner group is amazing and we have made so many friends from it. I know there are some stigmas against DCB owners and in some cases those hold true, but most everyone I know are extremely kind hearted and good natured people that love boating!

Great thread and love that the forum gets to see the behind the scenes at DCB and what makes them unique in the industry.

Also, you guys know I’m never beaching my baby!! Lol.
Nick your 37 is jaw dropping beautiful build. Obviously there is no comparison between your 37 and your old 32 but what are some thing you like the 37 has vs the 32 and vice versa.

TVMNick

Reaction score
Nick your 37 is jaw dropping beautiful build. Obviously there is no comparison between your 37 and your old 32 but what are some thing you like the 37 has vs the 32 and vice versa.
Thank you for the kind words!

I loved my F32 and it was a great boat and a great project. Some of the biggest things with my M37 that I really love, it stays on plane down to about 18mph which is amazing for canyon exploring on Powell, the outboards are so easy to service, it’s quiet at any speed and you can chat with your passengers, the cockpit is extremely roomy and comfortable for long periods of time, the steps off the transom are a game changer for being a day boat and ingress and egress.
DCB really thought a lot of things out on the M37 that make sense and make it extremely useable for a day boat, not just a single purpose go fast machine. Little touches like a cell phone pocket next to the driver for quick access to change music, built in covered storage for all seats in the gunnels, the fender storage areas at the transom, the umbrella for the steps at the transom.
I could go on, bottom line, it’s an amazing boat and they keep getting better with each one completed!

Last edited:

lenmann

Reaction score
Great write up Dave!

Kudos to Tony at DCB for taking some time out of what is clearly a crazy busy schedule to give Dave access. I know that as custom boat builders have gotten busy, covid restrictions impacted outside visitors, and the need to keep trade secrets confidential lots of boat companies have reduced engagement on RDP. Through all of this Tony has consistently posted new builds and has remained active on RDP. I for one appreciate it greatly.

Some day in the not too distant future I will have a new boat built. Even though I have never met Tony or even visited DCB, I have insight into how they run their business and the exceptional product they produce. Because of that, DCB is the at the top of the list of manufacturers I will visit.

blue wonder

Reaction score
Pretty cool parts bin.. but let’s look closer
View attachment 1028699 View attachment 1028698

Yes they pull the rubber off every single adel clamp and have a guy polish them, then put them back together..
View attachment 1028700
If you really wanted to be trick pull them apart and powdercoat them to match the rest of the boat hardware, then reinstall the rubber, or even better use aluminum p-clamps and get rid of the 1980’s rubber cushion clamps…guess that’s only small details that us jet boat guys think of, hahahahaha :)….I have ordered a new race boat and will start a thread once I receive the hull and start the build process….definitely not taking anything away from DCB, I own a Mach 22 W/ twins and love it, but there are definitely a few things I would change to set it apart from everything else, some day I’ll get to it :)

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
Great write up Dave!

Kudos to Tony at DCB for taking some time out of what is clearly a crazy busy schedule to give Dave access. I know that as custom boat builders have gotten busy, covid restrictions impacted outside visitors, and the need to keep trade secrets confidential lots of boat companies have reduced engagement on RDP. Through all of this Tony has consistently posted new builds and has remained active on RDP. I for one appreciate it greatly.

Some day in the not too distant future I will have a new boat built. Even though I have never met Tony or even visited DCB, I have insight into how they run their business and the exceptional product they produce. Because of that, DCB is the at the top of the list of manufacturers I will visit.
Come on by as I would love to show you around.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So you guys remember the M37R that was in rigging when I went on the shop tour?

RD

Reactions: DWC

hallett21

Reaction score
33 and 37 are both outboard only?

Beautiful boat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hallett21

Reaction score
That walk off bustle is hard to beat [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe mama

Reaction score
That one turned out great!! Wish that was me filling that up.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Assuming its the one tied up to the dock near Dallas's place...looked good driving by

Warlock1

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice the thread spools in the interior department picture? All organized by their color. Details like this as well as the hardware boxes is what makes an operation efficient and drives quality. As a Lean Manufacturing Trainer it calms my OCD greatly...lol I can't wait to own another one of these boats.
I'd love a chance to come out and see the operations first hand.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Its funny how if a boat is back at the manufacturers shop it needs to be broken... Most of our customers trust us and only us for service and maintenance. Being an outboard boat, They put a lot of hours on and it is here for service and no it is not broken. So your assumption is wrong. The 35 is here and the 1350's after 280 hours are going back for a Mercury refresh. Any further comments or questions please let me know and I will be happy to give you the CORRECT answer.
-Tony
Tony... how long has the operation been based at that location? Only asking cause I happened by your location while on appt with GNK in ElCajon last week nearby. Thanks

prorider

Reaction score
Its funny how if a boat is back at the manufacturers shop it needs to be broken... Most of our customers trust us and only us for service and maintenance. Being an outboard boat, They put a lot of hours on and it is here for service and no it is not broken. So your assumption is wrong. The 35 is here and the 1350's after 280 hours are going back for a Mercury refresh. Any further comments or questions please let me know and I will be happy to give you the CORRECT answer.
-Tony
Well I know for a fact this boat broke prop shaft and lost a cleaver prop. Brads M-33 whacked out also did with new 450s. Ridiculous to lie about it.