WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Shop-Vac shuts down Williamsport operation, putting over 400 out of work

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
The company filed a WARN (Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification) notice with the Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry dated Sept. 15, informing the state that 427 people will be out of work when the company closes three plants in Williamsport.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
This is going to be very common over the next 12-18 months (its been happening at levels just below WARN with dozens of large tech companies over the past 3 months.

just_floatin

Reaction score
This is going to be very common over the next 12-18 months (its been happening at levels just below WARN with dozens of large tech companies over the past 3 months.
I agree and live this uncertain lifestyle everyday I login to work. The fortune 100 company I am with is going to lay off 25,000 of 270,00 active employees worldwide in the next two years. The next hatchet date is rumored to be September 26, 2020. I am in IT and we are down 20% in just three short months. This time last year the company was happy fat. What a difference a year makes. Crazy times for sure but all one can do is roll with the punches, pick up your bridges and get another gig if life throws you a lemon.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Wow, In addition to the news sucking it will certainly create a vacuum in this market segment. :looking:

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
Daughter is a flight attendant with a major airline, Oct 1 is going to be a bad day for Trump's job numbers. Up to 61,000 could get sidelined between two carriers.

Ghit

Reaction score
Daughter is a flight attendant with a major airline, Oct 1 is going to be a bad day for Trump's job numbers. Up to 61,000 could get sidelined between two carriers.
They aren't really "Trump's job numbers" if you're honest. They are Democrat Governor's job numbers who were captured by a cult-like mentality, then shutdown multiple verticals within our economy over a minor cold virus.

I feel for your daughter. I have multiple daughters and I would feel the same as you, but let's get real... Everyone is hurting and the only non-option our President had was to close the borders preemptively, due to the lab created china virus.

AntiBormac

Banned
Reaction score

I’m positive that Trump wants nothing more than to get rid of this hoax and the masking mandates that the sheep have bought into much to their own demise.

i’m certain nov 4 reality will return.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
Tell her to shout at the company assholes if they let her go : "FUCK YOU your BULLSHIT MASK policies DID THIS!"

They cut their own throats.
The left is a bunch of petulant little children throwing a temper tantrum. They are literally (yes, literally) burning down their house to show how mad they are. Masks do nothing, riots do nothing, running a brain dead loser and a VP candidate chosen on the color of her skin and the bits in her underwear. What a fucking shit show the left has become.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
The left is a bunch of petulant little children throwing a temper tantrum. They are literally (yes, literally) burning down their house to show how mad they are. Masks do nothing, riots do nothing, running a brain dead loser and a VP candidate chosen on the color of her skin and the bits in her underwear. What a fucking shit show the left has become.
Yeah sooooo if we could make this the first and last time we mention Kamala's stench trench that'd be great

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
I agree and live this uncertain lifestyle everyday I login to work. The fortune 100 company I am with is going to lay off 25,000 of 270,00 active employees worldwide in the next two years. The next hatchet date is rumored to be September 26, 2020. I am in IT and we are down 20% in just three short months. This time last year the company was happy fat. What a difference a year makes. Crazy times for sure but all one can do is roll with the punches, pick up your bridges and get another gig if life throws you a lemon.

My neighbor is IT with Petsmart. He works from home and says they’re doing triple what they normally do thanks to chewy.com and so many shopping online right now. He’s in Phoenix too so you might check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
yep. IT related to non-online related business will take a hit. I feel sorry for the massive number of small businesses that are being creamed by this massive govt over reaction.

The proof is how much the left is going crazy about Trump down playing the severity of the Covid "pandemic" when 99.998% of the population will not die from it, and those that get it, very very very few will have long term negative or debilitating results. A rational mind (in 2020 that eliminates pretty much every liberal, or even left leaning people as TDS kills rational thought on contact) will understand that covid is not a human species killing virus, it harvests the weak and old (usually combined) and does not affect children at all nor those healthy and of child bearing age.

In the US, with our hyper legal zealots willing to sue a company over anything (including people that have a penis but think they are a women, (but not a blonde that thinks they are a redhead WTF is the matter with people)) it also makes sense they are going even more overboard than the govt. For fucks sake, even the CDC says wearing masks and being with an infected person for longer than 15 minutes renders wearing the mask USELESS, so basically we've come full circle and half the population is essentially flat earthers wearing masks and voting for Sleepy Joe and Kamal-Toe. Its fucked up.

Good luck on your job search, start looking now, and focus on business that have the ability to deal in a non-contact society for a while. The stink ring left by the democrats and the leftist medical "experts" will linger for years, sort of like everyone thinks everyone will give them the plague and they'll die on the car ride home. smh.

Singleton

Reaction score
Business is changing.
Being in IT enterprise software sales, we are seeing a huge shift in who is buying.
Companies that require brick and mortar locations are going out of business (very sad to see).
However we are busy and adjusting to selling remote (takes longer then in-person).

as for IT positions, we have trimmed the fat in the company and my wife’s company has learned to operate their IT org with 25% less resources. Companies are going very lean right now and I don’t see them returning to old. Thst bring said, companies are hiring.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Business is changing.
Being in IT enterprise software sales, we are seeing a huge shift in who is buying.
Companies that require brick and mortar locations are going out of business (very sad to see).
However we are busy and adjusting to selling remote (takes longer then in-person).

as for IT positions, we have trimmed the fat in the company and my wife’s company has learned to operate their IT org with 25% less resources. Companies are going very lean right now and I don’t see them returning to old. Thst bring said, companies are hiring.

This.

Still looking for a new gig but have had decent traction with opportunities but no real hiring decisions as of yet. There are many IT job opportunities out there. There are also a few that just seem to be collecting resumes.