WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Shopping For A Van - Where to Look?

ChiliPepperGarage

Reaction score
I want a van, preferably a conversion van. Going to be doing more traveling and want something with room and comfort. I know now is not a great time to buy one as everyone and their brother is doing the same but I have a trip coming up. Want to stay under $10K but will go to $15K for the right rig.

I've been searching Craig's List and not much on there. Found a really nice one in Chico but it sold before I could contact the seller. Not much on AutoTrader either. I'm finding lots of high mileage, stripper work vans that are beat to death.

Where is a good place to look? I tried facebook marketplace but I don't have a FB account and they don't have a category for vans specifically. Any suggestions?

NicPaus

Reaction score
Looked at 1 for work yesterday. Market is insane. Listed as a 2014 in great shape. It was actually a 2009 pretty hammered. I passed and the next guy 20 minutes later bought it.

There are a few by me with 150-180k miles for $12,500. Same van new in 2015 when I bought my work truck was 20k plus fees.

H20 Toie

Reaction score
just be patient, they come up on craigslist all the time. For $10k you should be able to still get a clean one with around $100k miles

ChiliPepperGarage

Reaction score
just be patient, they come up on craigslist all the time. For $10k you should be able to still get a clean one with around $100k miles
I would of bought yours but it sold before I saw it. It would have been perfect!

That's the problem with CL, anything good goes pretty quickly. I've been looking every day first thing. Sometimes sellers only have e-mail and no phone number which is frustrating.

boatpi

Reaction score
If you can find it one of the last year‘s made for the Dodge like 2000/ 2001 a great their sitting configuration compared to the Chevy and Ford in the floor space for your feet is superior. There’s a reason they sold vans 2 to 1 compared everybody else back in the day.