WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

short term rentals aka AirBnB and VRBO

Cole Brewed

Reaction score
We got in the game at the beginning of the year, currently have our 3rd guest. we have set limits and communicated with surrounding neighbors.

Our current guest arrived Friday leaves tomorrow, here for softball tournament. Reaches out through text asking to have some of daughters softball teammates over for dinner, its their daughters birthday. We clearly state in our listing, accommodations for 6 no more than 8 people in the rental overnight (extra fees), and no more than 10 at the property. NO PARTIES. which is also stated in the binder house manual where the tv remote is. cant turn on tv with opening the manual.

I am believing dinner can't hurt. I reluctantly agree and state, I prefer limited guests, we don't want any neighbor complaints, respect the neighbors, I hope all is good with the house, please don't hesitate to reach out if yo need anything else or have questions. enjoy your stay and good luck to her softball team.

Their reply, ok will do definitely respect the neighbors and will keep it down. The house is great. thank you she will appreciate it.

i give 3 thumbs up

ty again

your welcome

I had a missed called @ 8:00 pm (I was asleep) 951 area code, renters area code is also 951, maybe there is a BBQ issue who knows. I call back 945 pm to learn its my neighbor across the street complaining. I review cameras, 8 cars, no less than 15 people in the garage, I am FUMING I've been played wife insists on going with me to the house , OK, garage is packed music blasting, i ask for the registered guest he comes out drunk AF. I told him straight up this is not what I approved. shut it down now. his bud gets in my face my wife is freaking out. I head home and get back on the camera's at least 20 come out of the house into the garage and then into their cars and split.

Cameras, 8 on the exterior of the house covering all angles, 1 in the garage looking across the interior door and out the garage door. we have an pic on the listing showing the tv with all cameras on the house so the guests can see what we see. I did this so they don't get weird about the cameras. my wife says this is creepy. I said this is security.

So those inmates that have STR's, do you background check your guest? what is considered intrusion? what are your thoughts on the cameras? thoughts on if they trash the house? I have already made concrete decisions on listing modifications and house manual modifications. I will never respond to anything without using the website messaging system.

To get to know strangers is dam near impossible before hand. they had one review, 5 stars and generic personal response from their previous host.

This morning, off to perform damage control with the neighbors. thanks CB

grumpy88

Reaction score
And this is why people who live near short term rentals hate them and want them banned in there city . You did a great job trying to controll it but you never have control . No amount of vetting will garuntee your result . Thanks for trying though . Good luck

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I don't have cameras, but my buddy up the street does. He had an issue last summer where they broke the rules and he drove over there and kicked them out. I just installed a coded deadbolt on the front door and hooked it to Amazon Key which tells me when they are in and out.

When you collect all nights up front, you are an innkeeper so you should have told them to pack their shit and leave.

I profile the crap out of people that rent my house. I look at their Facebook, LinkedIn, etc before approving (never allow instant booking). Listen, I am not racist but there are certain cultures that are always the trouble makers so I just avoid the issues and don't rent to them. Some guy on RiverWhips Real Estate wanted to rent my house last summer, went on his Facebook and saw that he referred to Trump as a clown on multiple occasions, so I kindly declined his request.

I have had great luck with mine (knock on wood), but I don't AirBNB all the time. In fact I block every month on AirBNB from May 1st - November 1st and then open it back up.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Cole Brewed

Reaction score
@OldSchoolBoats thank you for reply. I appreciate the cameras. From day one ceded door locks with keyed deadbolts. also on maser closet. i will have to ask wife to vet on FB, I refuse to sign up. I plan to contact Airbnb today to learn about innkeeper and confirm I have the right to give the boot immediately.

just_floatin

Reaction score
Due diligence is key. Strike 1, 2 and 3 if you are a dem.
C70A8AB4-C146-4568-A591-319CB4B0188B.jpeg

boatnam2

Reaction score
My brother has one in Parker, he don't need cameras the neighbors call him soon as something looks funny. I don't do ABNB but if I did I wouldn't rent one with cameras, be like renting a hotel room with cameras. Usually the dicks that overstep their boundaries are always the ones to leave a bad review, my sister in law and puts that in check with a long explanation on what renter did.

mobldj

Reaction score
tried air b and b at first,i have cameras and didnt like the summer shitheads that rented.river assholes.i took it off.not worth the hassle to me.its like renting a car,do you really care if you nuetral drop it or run over curbs,fk no

FishSniper

Reaction score
We got in the game at the beginning of the year, currently have our 3rd guest. we have set limits and communicated with surrounding neighbors.

Our current guest arrived Friday leaves tomorrow, here for softball tournament. Reaches out through text asking to have some of daughters softball teammates over for dinner, its their daughters birthday. We clearly state in our listing, accommodations for 6 no more than 8 people in the rental overnight (extra fees), and no more than 10 at the property. NO PARTIES. which is also stated in the binder house manual where the tv remote is. cant turn on tv with opening the manual.

I am believing dinner can't hurt. I reluctantly agree and state, I prefer limited guests, we don't want any neighbor complaints, respect the neighbors, I hope all is good with the house, please don't hesitate to reach out if yo need anything else or have questions. enjoy your stay and good luck to her softball team.

Their reply, ok will do definitely respect the neighbors and will keep it down. The house is great. thank you she will appreciate it.

i give 3 thumbs up

ty again

your welcome

I had a missed called @ 8:00 pm (I was asleep) 951 area code, renters area code is also 951, maybe there is a BBQ issue who knows. I call back 945 pm to learn its my neighbor across the street complaining. I review cameras, 8 cars, no less than 15 people in the garage, I am FUMING I've been played wife insists on going with me to the house , OK, garage is packed music blasting, i ask for the registered guest he comes out drunk AF. I told him straight up this is not what I approved. shut it down now. his bud gets in my face my wife is freaking out. I head home and get back on the camera's at least 20 come out of the house into the garage and then into their cars and split.

Cameras, 8 on the exterior of the house covering all angles, 1 in the garage looking across the interior door and out the garage door. we have an pic on the listing showing the tv with all cameras on the house so the guests can see what we see. I did this so they don't get weird about the cameras. my wife says this is creepy. I said this is security.

So those inmates that have STR's, do you background check your guest? what is considered intrusion? what are your thoughts on the cameras? thoughts on if they trash the house? I have already made concrete decisions on listing modifications and house manual modifications. I will never respond to anything without using the website messaging system.

To get to know strangers is dam near impossible before hand. they had one review, 5 stars and generic personal response from their previous host.

This morning, off to perform damage control with the neighbors. thanks CB
This was my worry when we considered doing the short term rental thing when we bought. We are prolly just gonna let a few friends that come up a lot use it and maybe snowbirds next year but starting to rethink the snowbird thing too as we’re enjoying being able to come up anytime in the off-season.

Cole Brewed

Reaction score
update, I have spoke to the guest, he is extremely apologetic, knows he and pal screwed up. he has already utilized the messaging system so it is site based record to express that he screwed up. promised to leave house in pristine condition. we shall see what pristine is to him vs what pristine is to me. Tomorrow is another day and I won't know until 2:00 pm 'ish

Changes have been made as a host to the guest house rules and they are acknowledged when a reservation/confirmation making it a binding contract, as far as legally kicking them out I don't have hat answer yet. this was a tremendous learning experience at a cost to the neighbors, though surprisingly most were not even aware there was a party going on.

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
My old lady wants to do a vrbo, airbnb on one of our properties. I keep fighting it for this reason right here. I can't seem to trust anyone that's staying a just a couple days! Good luck man seems like your taking all the right steps.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
My buddy lives full time in Havi and has a problem STR next door.
He was saying neighbors can complain to the city about the repeat offenders and they (renters) can lose the right to do STR’s. Never heard of this actually happening.
Other buddy uses VRBO only as he can check potential renters social media before he approves any rental dates. He said that has worked for him 90% of the time (screening potential problem renters)
Same renter also gives big discounts to First Responders and has 0 issues with that group and 100% bookings from them.

Reactions: DWC

Cole Brewed

Reaction score
Our current guest that I started this thread about is scheduled to check out today @ 1100, I will learn a whole lot more when I stop in later. Fingers crossed that no issues inside, via cameras, outside look excellent.

Cole Brewed

Reaction score
Update, The guest left the house in absolute pristine condition, no other neighbors had any complaints, sounds like they wanted me to know rather than, this is BS , I'm calling LE or shut that STR down. the guest loved the house and asked if he could stay again. I did give an honest review on his stay. I believe he and I both learned quite a bit from this experience.

Hardly Satisfied

Riverside, CA & Havasu
Reaction score
Update, The guest left the house in absolute pristine condition, no other neighbors had any complaints, sounds like they wanted me to know rather than, this is BS , I'm calling LE or shut that STR down. the guest loved the house and asked if he could stay again. I did give an honest review on his stay. I believe he and I both learned quite a bit from this experience.
Glad to hear things worked out

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Pretty sure if your contract stated a maximum occupancy of 10 and they had more than that on site you are well within your rights to void the contract and tell them to hit the road immediately. This is the reason I only will rent out my house to 65+ Snowbirds in the winter. Having to deal with Drunken Summer Fucktards makes it not worth the extra little money you make!

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
House rules are a great way to make sure travelers know what you expect from them, But I have found out you can get rid of the party crowd when you tell the renters that you live on the property or in your case you live across the street so that you can monitor your property.

RichieRich

Reaction score
FYI....there is a Facebook group for us short term rental owners. I highly suggest you all join as we have a list of "bad renters"
Always check this list prior to renting and if you come across one at your own property, add that person to the list

lake Havasu area rental owners group

Rich