WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Shot of Our New Pool.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Almost done. Still some lighting and tile that needs to be done on the dry deck steps. A few pavers that need replacing. Unfortunately the photo doesnt do it justice and it's everything we dreamed it would be but a long ass process for sure. The builder does an ok job but if I didn't supervise every day, make calls to make sure stuff is happening, ordered etc I don't think the hole would be dug; seriously. The whole reason we didn't do it ourselves was we don't have time to deal with subs etc. However, everything from the wrong tile would have been installed, to nobody showing up for weeks if I wouldn't have stayed up on it.

Anyways, we are stoked. We really are happy we did the modern clean white Artistic Pavers. They were not really in the budget, but are happy we spent the extra money.

We would love to have another boat, but just not in our wheelhouse money wise in this time in our lives. Pools are much easier and we should get a lot of use out of it.

It's not huge or that stunning, but we really like it. Thanks for looking and have a blessed evening!

20200915_185056.jpg

20200915_202243.jpg

Last edited:

boatpi

Reaction score
Artistic Pavers is the way to go they make a great product. I was on a street in McDonald Ranch today with the cheapest home is $2 million and everyone is getting Artistic Pavers.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Do you mind me asking who built it and what city you are in?

We are in Lake Las Vegas (Henderson) and not ready to throw the builder under the bus quite yet. Honestly, the crews and guys couldn't have been nicer. All of them are great and do decent work. Our biggest complaint would be having to do SO much ourselves in terms of making calls to see what the hell is going on. We are just never in the loop whatsoever.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Clean and simple...looks good....now I'm gonna start the clock on how long it will take for you to say you're tired of kicking them damn rocks into the pool. Good thing you don't have kids😂😂

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Oh and not to be a dickhead and point out bad things....but you might wanna rethink or keep an eye on those fan palms.....those fuckers get big and fat and may tear up shit around them when they grow. I had to spend about $400 on one to tear out....tore up my brick planter...and I think it was from a bird turd....I never planted that damn thing...😂😂

calkid

Reaction score
Almost done. Still some lighting and tile that needs to be done on the dry deck steps. A few pavers that need replacing. Unfortunately the photo doesnt do it justice and it's everything we dreamed it would be but a long ass process for sure. The builder does an ok job but if I didn't supervise every day, make calls to make sure stuff is happening, ordered etc I don't think the hole would be dug; seriously. The whole reason we didn't do it ourselves was we don't have time to deal with subs etc. However, everything from the wrong tile would have been installed, to nobody showing up for weeks if I wouldn't have stayed up on it.

Anyways, we are stoked. We really are happy we did the modern clean white Artistic Pavers. They were not really in the budget, but are happy we spent the extra money.

We would love to have another boat, but just not in our wheelhouse money wise in this time in our lives. Pools are much easier and we should get a lot of use out of it.

It's not huge or that stunning, but we really like it. Thanks for looking and have a blessed evening!

View attachment 923172

View attachment 923175

I love how the wall of windows opens up for a panoramic view.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Oh and not to be a dickhead and point out bad things....but you might wanna rethink or keep an eye on those fan palms.....those fuckers get big and fat and may tear up shit around them when they grow. I had to spend about $400 on one to tear out....tore up my brick planter...and I think it was from a bird turd....I never planted that damn thing...😂😂

This is a five to seven year house. Not gonna worry about it. Haha!

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Thanks
How much more was that door compared to a standard sliding patio door?

Not including install. A good quality major company 12x8 slider will run somewhere between 1700 to 4500 depending on stile width, glass, manufacture. Our 12x8 independent panel stacking system will start around 8k. The door you see on our house is a little over 12k including the screen system. Feel free to message me with more questions as I don't want to get to salespersony on here. hahaha!

robusto

Reaction score
We are in Lake Las Vegas (Henderson) and not ready to throw the builder under the bus quite yet. Honestly, the crews and guys couldn't have been nicer. All of them are great and do decent work. Our biggest complaint would be having to do SO much ourselves in terms of making calls to see what the hell is going on. We are just never in the loop whatsoever.
Really like the look of this! Just the right size. Henderson is on the Wife's and my radar to make the Cali exit to!👍

MCnParker

Reaction score
I know this always the question no one wants to share in public, ballpark how much did does something like that cost? We have limited space in our backyard and something like this would be awesome.

If you don't want to share in the forum I completely understand, maybe PM me?

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
My pool was done by the guy I bought the house from. He hired all his own subs and it cost him around $30K. He took that same design to a pool builder for the new house he just bought and they quoted him $80K. My other buddy wants my same pool and his builder, Shea Homes, also said $80K. Unbelievable the amount of profit in a pool for these guys.

OP, how did they get the equipment in your backyard with the narrow sideways?

traquer

Reaction score
Beautiful pool, I would change nothing about it. Love white stone and blue water, reminds me of Santorini. Timeless

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
I know this always the question no one wants to share in public, ballpark how much did does something like that cost? We have limited space in our backyard and something like this would be awesome.

If you don't want to share in the forum I completely understand, maybe PM me?

Messaged!

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
My pool was done by the guy I bought the house from. He hired all his own subs and it cost him around $30K. He took that same design to a pool builder for the new house he just bought and they quoted him $80K. My other buddy wants my same pool and his builder, Shea Homes, also said $80K. Unbelievable the amount of profit in a pool for these guys.

OP, how did they get the equipment in your backyard with the narrow sideways?

They used super narrow Bob Cats and a miniature tracked bucket tractor or whatever you want to call it.

Oh and they literally tore out our courtyard wall. Hahaha. I was like WTF whe I saw it was just 2x4s and stucco. All the other walls are luckily cinderblock. Just this one particular wall was like this. Cheap ass tract homes! :eek:🤣

20200917_120132.jpg

Last edited:

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Beautiful pool, I would change nothing about it. Love white stone and blue water, reminds me of Santorini. Timeless

Yes, we wanted that white Greek building over looking teal water look. We really love desert modern clean lines. My favorite places are where the desert meets the ocean like Aruba so we wanted to feel like that every day.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Thank you all for the very nice comments. I know there are some really wealthy people on here with some super insanely beautiful homes and pools. We don't have a ton of money, but we really think about design and getting the best we can with what we have to spend. Thanks again! If anyone is visiting Lake Las Vegas, hit me up and we can have a drink!

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
I like the lighting, especially the uplight into the tree. What brand, or where did you get that set?

Since the landscape and pool area was small we made sure to buy the best we could afford. All the lighting is Kichler. I really is beautiful stuff. Even the electrical box where all the timers and such are is really nice (stainless with nice fasteners). I love that stuff and appreciate good quality. The uplights are not too expensive. I saw them online for about 65.00 each. I know we paid probably double that getting them from the builder. Oh well.

DLC

Reaction score
I did the same but put mine 3 feet into the ground.

Do you have any pics? If so maybe post one or possibly send it in a pm.

what temp do you keep it at during summer? Do they get to hot, it’s not like you need a 98 water temp when it’s 110 plus outside.

i want to get one, we will do a pool down the road but a swim spa is fine to get wet and have a cocktail

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
@beaverretriever
Dig the look John👍. I'm a fan of the symmetrical Mediterranean look but I lost out to my wifes desire for free-form.
I'm sure you two will enjoy the heck out of it👍🙂😎

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
What does something like that go for? Is it a 50 amp electrical service
Found it in Riverside, 2 years old $7500 . Yes , it’s 50 amps . It’s gotten as warm as 92* , but I like warm water , so it’s fine . New they are about 15k

Reactions: DLC

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Do you have any pics? If so maybe post one or possibly send it in a pm.

what temp do you keep it at during summer? Do they get to hot, it’s not like you need a 98 water temp when it’s 110 plus outside.

i want to get one, we will do a pool down the road but a swim spa is fine to get wet and have a cocktail
I turn heater off set it as low as it will go. The highest mine got was 96 when it was 130 out for too many days in a row. Normally it runs low 90's. I open the covers every so often over night and it will drop like 5 degrees. 102 all winter. I haven't finished it yet I plan on a deck around the back side for a couple chairs.
20200918_133014.jpg

Here is
20200918_132959.jpg
a view down the wash

DLC

Reaction score
That’s a big ol spa! Must get a work Out when you have family friends over....

that’s a cheap fix instead of doing a pool. i might be able to talk the wife into that