WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

should I be politically correct or not??

v6toy4x

Reaction score
We are a medium sized company in the SF Bay area and have been here for 45 years.
One of the crew foreman had his tools stolen from the truck and put this on his tailgate right by the company logo.
I think it is hilarious, and accurate given our state of affairs and will be putting one on my personal vehicle just "because"
However part of the ownership who happens to also be a republican city councilman, thinks it makes too big of a political statement to be associated with the company name.
While the other part of ownership is not quite as politically correct and says Hell Ya!
I most likely will be the deciding vote, for which I can see both sides.

The question is-From a business owners perspective would you allow these on company trucks?
Given the business is based in, shall we say, a wealth sharing environment!

1618148361051.png

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Not sure how that’s political at all...it’s just true.

I agree its TRUE especially in CA,
It does define your political view as conservative and part ownership thinks the company needs to be perceived as neutral, and avoid having any political views associated with their name.

So if you were the company owner would you allow these on your trucks, right next to the company name?

Andy B.

Reaction score
I'd say do it you will stand out to conservatives and will bring in new business. On the other hand it will also piss off your current base of snowflake, political correct customers. Double edge sword but I like it then again its not my livelihood. I would hire you just based on that sign as long as you had a good reputation in the community.

The truth hurts and the demoshits can't handle the truth only their made up truths!

WildWilly

Reaction score
if people are going to get upset about politics in sports, or the cancel culture of bsuinesses that come out in support or against political objectives then it should be across the board.

I totally agree with the statement, but if I was a business owner, I'd keep it business and avoid all the bullshit.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
The businesses people work for have a right to decide what's best for them. If they don't want a sign like that on their trucks, associated with their name, then it comes off

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I agree its TRUE especially in CA,
It does define your political view as conservative and part ownership thinks the company needs to be perceived as neutral, and avoid having any political views associated with their name.

So if you were the company owner would you allow these on your trucks, right next to the company name?
I get what you’re saying, but I think it’s silly to always link some statement, sticker, belief, etc. with politics... Not everything has to be one side or the other.

That being said, if you think a sticker is going to come off as conservative, in an ultra liberal environment, I wouldn’t let a sticker affect my livelihood.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
We are a medium sized company in the SF Bay area and have been here for 45 years.
One of the crew foreman had his tools stolen from the truck and put this on his tailgate right by the company logo.
I think it is hilarious, and accurate given our state of affairs and will be putting one on my personal vehicle just "because"
However part of the ownership who happens to also be a republican city councilman, thinks it makes too big of a political statement to be associated with the company name.
While the other part of ownership is not quite as politically correct and says Hell Ya!
I most likely will be the deciding vote, for which I can see both sides.

The question is-From a business owners perspective would you allow these on company trucks?
Given the business is based in, shall we say, a wealth sharing environment!

View attachment 991186
We have 15 work trucks filled with pipe machines, power tools and hand tools. I don’t see a problem with the sticker. It’s not political at all.

BTW...All of our trucks have alarms. ;)

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
You’re dealing with a line.
If you allow it you will be dealing with opinions. Why can’t I put eat shit and die on my truck if joe has fuck Biden on his.
No personal stuff on company vehicles.

badgas

Reaction score
It is true and awesome but I would never put that on Business vehicle. Keep your company free of that drama. Theives suck and that sticker will not stop them.

Perhaps a " This Vehicle equiped with a security camera" sticker camera would help ? I doubt it but it's possible.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Tell the employee it’s not this pres it’s all of them and fuck them border crosser

v6toy4x

Reaction score
We have 15 work trucks filled with pipe machines, power tools and hand tools. I don’t see a problem with the sticker. It’s not political at all.

BTW...All of our trucks have alarms. ;)

We do, alarms and GPS tracker, doesn't help when numb nuts leaves shit sitting in the back seat in plain view, smash and grab, so not only do you loose the tools you have a $500 bill to get the window replaced asap! and the down time associated.

This is a whole other topic in house.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
On a personal level.....put the fuker in 4 wheel low and hammer it.
On a business level......shift to neutral and let it idle.

Singleton

Reaction score
While I agree with the sticker and would have that on my personal vehicle, no way on any company logo’d vehicle.

I follow the following for my wife’s bakery and my sons carpet cleaning business = no political statements will be made by the company or any of its owners or employees when representing the company. I tell all new employees, while I respect your political stance once in the office we are neutral. All we will end up doing is upset a % of ours current or future customers and we are not in the business of upsetting any customer! If you feel the need to express your political stance, you can do that on your time and not while representing the company. Some employees get it and are fine, others take issue and those employees don‘t last long.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
It is true and awesome but I would never put that on Business vehicle. Keep your company free of that drama. Theives suck and that sticker will not stop them.

Perhaps a " This Vehicle equiped with a security camera" sticker camera would help ? I doubt it but it's possible.

The first question I asked, is this a statement against steeling or an opportunity to voice that you don't agree with the liberal handouts or both?

I think the company answer has to be NO!
Maybe if they want small ones on their personal tool boxes or tools themselves maybe OK
Not as a banner associated with the companies identity.

Last edited:

sirbob

Reaction score
Generally I’d say no on a company truck...

However it’s interesting that of the 3 owners of the business the one that has the biggest issue with it is an elected official.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
While I agree with the sticker and would have that on my personal vehicle, no way on any company logo’d vehicle.

I follow the following for my wife’s bakery and my sons carpet cleaning business = no political statements will be made by the company or any of its owners or employees when representing the company. I tell all new employees, while I respect your political stance once in the office we are neutral. All we will end up doing is upset a % of ours current or future customers and we are not in the business of upsetting any customer! If you feel the need to express your political stance, you can do that on your time and not while representing the company. Some employees get it and are fine, others take issue and those employees don‘t last long.

This sums it up well, we do have a bit of uniqueness in that the guys that want them have been here for 20+ years and we do try and make it a "loose" enviroment when possible as a thank-you for loyalty, but I think this will be the line we dont cross.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
As a whole, people I know tend to be relatively open with their political views and feelings in their office or shop. Out in the field, or with a customer at the counter, they are "neutral". Like it or not, it's when we, in any business, have to be like politicians.

I had a sticker on one of my trucks. "Live Better, Work Harder". Had a union guy give me hell, said it was "anti-union". I told him I didn't think of it that way. I just thought you may have to work harder for things.
Even something basic may become a shitshow. Probably best to leave it be with a company truck. Broken glass and keyed paint can always happen :(

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Personally, I try to keep my vehicles politically neutral, primarily because I don't want to have them vandalized by wacko liberals.
We have had a few break ends with our trucks lately that were caught on ring or other type cameras. None of the police reports profiled the suspects as “wacko liberals”. Lol 😂

We do get a lot of calls from people that call to complain about how our foreman are driving. :rolleyes:

propcheck

Reaction score
The first question I asked, is this a statement against steeling or an opportunity to voice that you don't agree with the liberal handouts or both?

I think the company answer has to be NO!
Maybe if they want small ones on their personal tool boxes or tools themselves maybe OK
Not as a banner associated with the companies identity.

this is your answer👍🏻
do not allow any personal/political statements on company vehicles or letterhead or uniforms. No matter what you do you can’t win

Reactions: DWC

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
id only say no because it would mean that anyone else could put whatever stickers they want on other company vehicles. give an inch, take a mile.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Not political at all..

It is only going to offend ones that should be working and refuse. And the ones that refuse dont have the $ to have what ever service you provide!

I say let it ride, until you get a complaint with a big customer that matters. Which I doubt you do because the statement speaks for its self!

JMO

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
I ran 25-50 employees for 32 years.... if I still owned it, I'd put them on all my trucks

DWC

Reaction score
this is your answer👍🏻
do not allow any personal/political statements on company vehicles or letterhead or uniforms. No matter what you do you can’t win
Agree 100%. Do i agree with it, yep. Should you do it, nah, not worth it.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Much like baseball should have done - keep the business -BUSINESS - keep out of the drama.

That sticker is not going to stop anything.

gqchris

Reaction score
As far as my clients know, I voted for Biden on some and Trump for some!

Point being , I only tell them what they want to hear. I can be a liberal or conservitive, their money all spends the same!

I never show my cards, and always keep it out of business. So I say, no sticker. Keep em guessing.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
This country is split right now...why would you eliminate 50% of your customers regardless of what side they are on right off the bat?

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
How dare you offend people with the truth! Nice sticker but being in the Bay Area with it is ballsy and could hurt business.

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
I would put it on a personal vehicle but not on company vehicles.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
I drive a lot on the 40 in my business van.. I would like a backwards sticker on the front so the people in the left lane can read it in their rear view mirror............MOVE OVER! :p On second thought,they probably have their head up their ass and are not looking in the mirror and that’s why they are there.:mad:

pixrthis

Reaction score
Personally I don’t think companies being political or making statements that can be deemed to be is a smart move. With that said I don’t always play the smart move.

Nordie

Reaction score
Our Superintendent doesn't really like us running stickers on the trucks. That being said there was a ton of lawsuit accidents and we got approval to remove the company logo as well.

Our Semi truck driver got set up 2 weeks ago, he showed me the dash cam video. Pretty crazy what these ambulance chasers will do.

nowski

Reaction score
The sad truth about that sticker, I doubt the thieves can even read it let alone get it. When all said and done the truth really hurts...

The world we live in today I wouldn't even think of having a company name / logo on any work truck, there Bigger Targets than you may think...

Last edited:

ltbaney1

Reaction score
i say run it. my old man owns a construction company. no employee trucks given, but on the back of his truck under the logo he has : "proud to be licensed contractor for over 25 years and WE SPEAK ENGLISH".

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
I don’t allow stickers of any kind on my trucks.
Double locks on all tool box doors. No high dollar items are to be left inside trucks.

Dana757

Reaction score
I wouldn't want ANY stickers or signs of ANY kind on company trucks that the company did not install.

Nordie

Reaction score
You gotta be careful, especially working for corporate. I've heard of corporations firing people over social media posts. I tread lightly now a days, because I recently got in trouble for a zoom interview, what saved me is it was for the client.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
OK,

Clarification to company policy, no decorations, stickers, labels etc. other than union affiliation can be applied to any company vehicles.
And only to a small area on the rear window directly behind the driver.
Limit is one per vehicle.

It was all good with everyone, never intended to really stop theft just an opportunity to get a dig against the liberal status here, which is where we have to draw the line.

I am putting them on my personal stuff though, you have to love the sentiment!!

Nordie

Reaction score
OK,

Clarification to company policy, no decorations, stickers, labels etc. other than union affiliation can be applied to any company vehicles.
And only to a small area on the rear window directly behind the driver.
Limit is one per vehicle.

It was all good with everyone, never intended to really stop theft just an opportunity to get a dig against the liberal status here, which is where we have to draw the line.

I am putting them on my personal stuff though, you have to love the sentiment!!

Still wouldn't do it, now you're advertising that you have tools in your truck = all the more reason. Just like at my house, I don't have any stickers or signs that "I don't dial 911" or "there will be no warning shots due to ammo shortage". You're basically advertising on what you may have.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Still wouldn't do it, now you're advertising that you have tools in your truck = all the more reason. Just like at my house, I don't have any stickers or signs that "I don't dial 911" or "there will be no warning shots due to ammo shortage". You're basically advertising on what you may have.

Considering they are 3/4 ton pickups with aluminum tool boxes and ladder racks, tools are kind of a given!
We have anti theft bars, alarms and GPS trackers. I even did one with the anti theft bars on electric door cylinders so they unlock with the key fob and swing up on gas struts.
IMG_1376.JPG

IMG_1378.JPG

IMG_1384.JPG

IMG_1391.JPG

Nordie

Reaction score
Locks are there to keep honest people honest.

20210412_122745.jpg

PDQH2O

Reaction score
Company vehicle should have the company logo...that's it. No opinion pieces...personal, political, or otherwise. It detracts from professionalism.

In today’s climate, it could also give you unwanted publicity from some illiterate that takes the sticker as a challenge, if only to profit from a perceived societal slur.