WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Shout out to EFI Store/Brian Macy

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
In my pursuit to iron out the porpoising issue I had with my 25 daytona i thought that making sure the engine running in top shape may be a good place to start. So I called up Brian at the EFI Store and we spent a few hours on the lake yesterday remapping out the EFI system.

After Brian cleaned up the cruising RPM's (they were very very rich) we started to do high speed runs to see where we could get the boat to top out at and see if we can power through the hop.

The boat at high rpm's was so rich it was not even registering on the sensors. The rev limiter i thought I was hitting at 5050 rpm was actually the motor cutting out as it was dumping way too much fuel into the blower and engine.

Brian again worked his magic in that RPM range and we were able to get the boat up to 5600 rpm which increased the boost and gave it enough speed and horsepower to power through the porpoising.

This new EFI map made this boat feel crisp and responsive through the entire power band and also got the hop to go away by uncorking the motor. To say I am thrilled is an understatement as I got to experience what a cat feel like when it packs air.

I cant thank Brian enough and wanted to share my experience here as I highly recommend his services. You can't go wrong with an on water lake test and tune with Brian!

Last edited:

lavish622

Reaction score
I would second this times a thousand... Brian is top notch and one of the best in the business. Not only an amazing tuner but an amazing guy.

He helped me out tremendously and wouldn’t give up until it was damn near perfect. He spent hours with me and even got me hooked up with a guy who had a rare part in town so we could continue tuning.

Huge shout out for Brian and the Efi store.

Sorry to hijack your post LOL.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Anyone know if he can do anything with the factory 555 ecu on the 525?

wet hull

Reaction score
He just wrapped mine up Desert Storm weekend. Did my EFI conversion over off season. First tune was getting moisture on O2 sensor so he had to self tune in high RPM range. I got that issue ironed out with a O2 bung extender. He hoped back in Desert Storm week. Re mapped everything and holly shit my motor purrs. The throttle response is nuts and we were able to keep in closed loop. Fuel economy is double what it was with my large carb. He also set all my safety parameters and programmed a limp mode to get me back to docks if oil, water or fuel issues arise. He knows his stuff and well worth the money!!

Andy B.

Reaction score
Curious having my motor 99 502 efi rebuilt what is a ballpark figure for tuning so it runs at its peak?

Same cam just reworked.

wet hull

Reaction score
Curious having my motor 99 502 efi rebuilt what is a ballpark figure for tuning so it runs at its peak?

Same cam just reworked.
He was $700 for my tuning and spent roughly 4hrs in total between the 2 trips on water.

nowski

Reaction score
Before having work performed on the injection system I would have tried a different prop or trim down the diffuser ring on the prop. I'm not a prop guy but a guy in HB that goes by the name of Auggie mentioned this to me...

cyclone

My name is Mike and I have a boating problem.
Reaction score
Brian Macy has worked on nearly all of my fleet and is good as it gets in the efi world. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
Brian and Kelly (or Kelvy?) both took really good care of me a few years ago. The GT motor had just been redone by Pro Marine and was still having issues. They tuned it on the dyno but I believe had just did a “safe” tune. He met me (during all of his Health sickness stuff) and we tested for a few hours on the lake and he really made it run like a whole new animal.

IMG_0455.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk