WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Shredded Cheese

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
I despise that shit and have never bought it. That white talc like powder shit they use to keep it from sticking together grosses me out.
That would basically be the tree pulp.

Fresh shredded cheese tastes better anyway. It's just barely less convenient. We fresh shred everything except Parm. Whatever you do just buy a LOT of cheese!! My milk check is based on class III (cheese). So shred, it slice it, whatever your choice, just load it on EVERYTHING!! 😁

Tank

Reaction score
I’ve read this before. It helps sustain the shredded cheese for longer periods. Seems like people are making a big deal about it but I don’t get it...tree pulp? Who fuckin cares? Maple syrup is from a tree. Vegetables are trees. So what’s the problem. Rather have tree pulp than other crazy chemicals.
By the way, the shredded Mexican cheese at Costco is bomb. I don’t think there’s any pulp in it, it goes bad too quickly. All natural.

I totally agree fresh shredded from the block tastes way better though!

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
It doesn’t melt the same as cheese in a block that you just shredded. That’s why Taco Bell cheese sucks and del taco is way better. They actually shred cheese and cut lettuce rather than taking it all out of a bag.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
That would basically be the tree pulp.

Fresh shredded cheese tastes better anyway. It's just barely less convenient. We fresh shred everything except Parm. Whatever you do just buy a LOT of cheese!! My milk check is based on class III (cheese). So shred, it slice it, whatever your choice, just load it on EVERYTHING!! 😁
Check the ingredients on that powdered like Parm.
My wife picked up a block of Parmigiana cheese and we shredded it ourselves. It actually tastes like parmigiana cheese!
Will never, ever buy that powdered or pre shredded shit again.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
I actually had some yesterday because the ole lady made taco’s.....Does the pulp make you fart or the taco meat? :p Probably the meat. When I have a Subway meatball the ole lady cringes because she knows what’s coming..

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Check the ingredients on that powdered like Parm.
My wife picked up a block of Parmigiana cheese and we shredded it ourselves. It actually tastes like parmigiana cheese!
Will never, ever buy that powdered or pre shredded shit again.

Fresh shredded parmesan cheese is 100x better than the powdered shit in a bottle and better than the already shredded!!

We only buy local tillamook shredded cheeses. And for block cheese it Bandon Oregon or Tillamook Oregon cheese only.

Wont eat Kraft unless it's the plastic cheese slices cause I like those on some stuff.

But any off brand like Sargento's, Lucernes and all the other off brands I'm out. And I LOVE CHEESE! Cut a chunk off the block for a snack is always my go to!

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
I'm "making shredder's great again" by shredding my own cheese. I shred a pound at a time and it lasts for months compared to pre shredded that lasts for days...

Singleton

Reaction score
Wife refuses purchased shredded cheese. If I bring it home, she places it in trash.
We how have 4 different graders so it can be fresh

Last edited:

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
“This is great cheese. Let’s shred it and put it into packages” ...said no cheese maker, ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I like it on bread that was frozen in the freezer and then thawed.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
The stuff the put on it to keep it from sticking together is Gluten. My wife has celiac disease, no gluten. Cheese does taste better if you shred it yourself.

We found out about 3 years ago my wife had celiac. Had to change our whole diet. ( I still cheat with some fast food) Feel so much better manly eating only fresh fruits, veggies and meat. Getting rid of all the processed stuff we use to eat has been great.

wishiknew

Reaction score
It doesn’t melt the same as cheese in a block that you just shredded. That’s why Taco Bell cheese sucks and del taco is way better. They actually shred cheese and cut lettuce rather than taking it all out of a bag.
Good luck getting DelTaco to part with there cheese extra cheese means a few extra strands

WYRD

Reaction score
Who likes cheese that doesn't even melt in the microwave ?

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Grand kids stay over at the ranch on weekends , Grandaughter and Rhonda make awesome Chocolate chip cookies for your truly , yesterday they were a bit different BUT still good , made with Cassava flour (Yucca root) Yummy none the less , probably stuff (tree pulp) we eat more often than not and never know it

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Could be worse... Could be made from yoga mats

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
I hate the stuff but the wife keeps buying it even though I say that I will grate it up for her. Just made left over fajitas and 1 minute in the microwave and it still was not melted. :cussing:

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Fresh shredded parmesan cheese is 100x better than the powdered shit in a bottle and better than the already shredded!!

We only buy local tillamook shredded cheeses. And for block cheese it Bandon Oregon or Tillamook Oregon cheese only.

Wont eat Kraft unless it's the plastic cheese slices cause I like those on some stuff.

But any off brand like Sargento's, Lucernes and all the other off brands I'm out. And I LOVE CHEESE! Cut a chunk off the block for a snack is always my go to!

Tillamook sharp white cheddar singles right into the ice chest on the boat.
Beer and cheese. Perfect pairing on the river.

Dan'l

941Punk

some beach, somewhere.
Reaction score
I had no idea. I'm switching to block and shred it myself. Thanks

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
This saved my marriage and my knuckles lol.

Kerri gold has some good presliced cheddar. The rest is crap.

We have all the Kitchen Aide attachments but barely use them because I hate lugging the heaving freaking thing in and out of the cabinet.

Get one of these:

My grandmother bought me one 20 years ago, we use it weekly. Stoopid kitchen gadgets for sure, but it works and is handy!

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
This saved my marriage and my knuckles lol.

Kerri gold has some good presliced cheddar. The rest is crap.

We have all the Kitchen Aide attachments but barely use them because I hate lugging the heaving freaking thing in and out of the cabinet.

Get one of these:

My grandmother bought me one 20 years ago, we use it weekly. Stoopid kitchen gadgets for sure, but it works and is handy!
Salad shooter is one I use.....but often just do it by hand, less to wash.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Tillamook sharp white cheddar singles right into the ice chest on the boat.
Beer and cheese. Perfect pairing on the river.

Dan'l
I love me some Tillamook. My wife loved American Cheese before we got together. Then I made the mistake of having her eat some Tillamook sharp cheddar cause I HATE American cheese on anything. Well now she loves the good stuff and wont even buy cheaper stuff ever.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I love me some Tillamook. My wife loved American Cheese before we got together. Then I made the mistake of having her eat some Tillamook sharp cheddar cause I HATE American cheese on anything. Well now she loves the good stuff and wont even buy cheaper stuff ever.
In desperation one time we bought some plastic wrapped American cheese slices at the 99c store.....you couldn't even melt that shit in the microwave and the plastic wrap had more flavor than the "cheese". Totally ruined the food we were trying to make. 🤢🤮

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
In desperation one time we bought some plastic wrapped American cheese slices at the 99c store.....you couldn't even melt that shit in the microwave and the plastic wrap had more flavor than the "cheese". Totally ruined the food we were trying to make. 🤢🤮

Uh, you're supposed to take the plastic wrap off the slices...

530RL

Reaction score
Some parts are edible😁.
Dude died at 64 from a heart attack or something.

Yep, a heart attack allegedly relating to a history of always adding plenty of saturated fats (Butter, Grease and egg yolks) to his vegetables as well as smoking his whole life.

Even naturalists knew vegetables needed a little help to be tasty. :)

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

I'll be honest, the fresh sliced White American cheese from the deli melted on a burger grilled on the lake during a summer evening is one of the most delicious things I've eaten. That could be the Coors Lights and pink drink talking though.