WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Shuswap Lake

Gasnsuntanlotion

Reaction score
I know this may be a boring thread for the Havasu people but who here boats on Shuswap Lake in B.C Canada? I see DCBs, Howard’s, Eliminators, fountains, Baja, magics you name it all the time and I don’t know any of you? And for the US RDPers have any of you been here to boat?

Fulldeck

Reaction score
IMG-20180805-WA0003.JPG
I boat on the Shu ,out of Scotch Creek at Captains Village

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Up there in the winter all the time to snowboard. Often think about trying to plan to go there boating but really would need to plan that out with a group.

nameisbond

Reaction score
I've been there. I like Kelowna and Lake Okanagan better.

X-rated

Reaction score
Know him well! He no longer owns the green boat, sold it to his next door neighbor,
, still see it almost every day.

wa4stroker

Reaction score
I’ve houseboated on the lake 4 or 5 times. Long and peaceful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spectras only

Reaction score
Know him well! He no longer owns the green boat, sold it to his next door neighbor,
, still see it almost every day.
Really, I guess, won't have a ride in the boat then. He bought a big aluminum fishing boat, change of hobby I guess. Have not seen him for a while at the dealership he's part owner of.

El Guapo

HAVING FUN
Reaction score
Up there in the winter all the time to snowboard. Often think about trying to plan to go there boating but really would need to plan that out with a group.

I know this may be a boring thread for the Havasu people but who here boats on Shuswap Lake in B.C Canada? I see DCBs, Howard’s, Eliminators, fountains, Baja, magics you name it all the time and I don’t know any of you? And for the US RDPers have any of you been here to boat?

I have been invited by Rob Blair to come up the past two years. A few of my friends just got back from a week of boating on the Shu. I know SJP is up for the adventure as well as myself. I would love to set up a trip when you guys have your poker run, or fun run. Schedule it with Rob/DCB when his crew goes up & make it an event. I love group boating and events and think this would be an epic trip.
When is your guys fun run or poker run I hear about?

Cheers,

Bo

Gasnsuntanlotion

Reaction score
I have been invited by Rob Blair to come up the past two years. A few of my friends just got back from a week of boating on the Shu. I know SJP is up for the adventure as well as myself. I would love to set up a trip when you guys have your poker run, or fun run. Schedule it with Rob/DCB when his crew goes up & make it an event. I love group boating and events and think this would be an epic trip.

Cheers,

Bo
Jim from Performance Marine in Vernon us to put it on I believe on the August Long weekend but has been too busy for the last few years.

Gasnsuntanlotion

Reaction score
I’ve taken the year off from boating. Sold the Howard and am concentrating on building a lil place out in Anglemont. Place to keep the boat! New boat next year. We should set up some sort of get together once a year or a fun run once a year. Would love to meet You all!

El Guapo

HAVING FUN
Reaction score
I’ve taken the year off from boating. Sold the Howard and am concentrating on building a lil place out in Anglemont. Place to keep the boat! New boat next year. We should set up some sort of get together once a year or a fun run once a year. Would love to meet You all!

The Shu is on our bucket list. It would be awesome to hit the Big Cat Poker Run in Nor Cal, then roll up to the Shu on a super trip.
Thanks for the post and making us desert dwellers jellious of this God's gift of a lake to human kind. :)

Last edited:

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
One of the owners of the company my wife works for has a house there on the water by Meeks Point. Beautiful lake. He also has a house at Sun Peaks.

spectras only

Reaction score

Cheers,

Bo
Love Shuswap but, a poker run would be more fun from Kelowna to Penticton on Okanagan Lake. Leaving from the Grand Hotel launch, arriving the Grand Hotel in Penticton. We used to have poker runs there while ago. Our Vancouver Poker runs ended in 2010 as well, getting local permits more difficult. I think the only poker run still exist is the Vancouver Island one from Sidney to Nanaimo.
The Grand in Kelowna with a lagoon you live your boat secure.
https://www.google.com/travel/hotel...tcfs=EhoaGAoKMjAxOS0wOC0xOBIKMjAxOS0wOC0xOVIA

X-rated

Reaction score
Hi X, can I ask why you put your DCB on a buoy away from your beautiful dock. I am gonna assume the obvious, that it is too shallow to pull up and side tie?

Cheers,
Bo
Biggest reason is the A-hole surfers that seem to think they need to surf 20 feet off my buoy line, the rollers they send toward my dock are viscious. We have a southern exposure here and are quite vulnerable to at least 2 storms per summer that can make the surf boat rollers look small. Better safe than sorry!!
This lake has over 1000 miles of shore line and is 600 ft deep in places, honestly have been coming here since the mid 60’s and NEVER get tired of it!

X-rated

Reaction score
The water at the end of my dock is 70’ and about 30 at the end closest to shore.

X-rated

Reaction score
Love Shuswap but, a poker run would be more fun from Kelowna to Penticton on Okanagan Lake. Leaving from the Grand Hotel launch, arriving the Grand Hotel in Penticton. We used to have poker runs there while ago. Our Vancouver Poker runs ended in 2010 as well, getting local permits more difficult. I think the only poker run still exist is the Vancouver Island one from Sidney to Nanaimo.
The Grand in Kelowna with a lagoon you live your boat secure.
https://www.google.com/travel/hotels/Kelowna/entity/CgoIlLvq4Knd8oRyEAE?key=CgoIlLvq4Knd8oRyEAE&g2lb=4208993,4223281,4253230,4253565,4254308,4258168,4260007,4270442,4274032,4282211,4282357,4282366,4285990,4287183,4289413,4293575,4256179,4265427,4270859,4272931,4291517,4292954,4295946&hl=en&gl=ca&un=1&q=Kelowna waterfront hotels&rp=OAJAAEgC&ictx=1&ved=2ahUKEwjn5LqV3PnjAhVLh1QKHU7YCtEQvS4wAXoECAoQLA&hrf=CgUIrAIQACIDQ0FEKhYKBwjjDxAIGBISBwjjDxAIGBMYASgAWAGSAQIgAQ&tcfs=EhoaGAoKMjAxOS0wOC0xOBIKMjAxOS0wOC0xOVIA
Kelowna to Penticton is a great run but the fuzz would have a hayday with noise and speed violations!!! No rules up here on the Shu!

spectras only

Reaction score
Kelowna to Penticton is a great run but the fuzz would have a hayday with noise and speed violations!!! No rules up here on the Shu!
I carry the CPP inserts for my through exhausts but haven't had to used them yet.;) I know the popo is around Kelowna with dB meters, not in Penticton or Skaha Lake. If I had dry exhaust or a real loud BB, I would keep the engine at idle until I'm far enough from shore. They measure dB levels 50 meters behind boat @WOT.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I had a couple of invites to go up there but never took advantage of them. I’d really like to go next summer and check it all out. It looks beautiful.

spectras only

Reaction score
Dave, you wouldn't be disappointed visiting this God's country.:)Make sure you'd take time to trek down to Okanagan and Skaha Lake as well. I could be your host for a few days, also taking you to our racetrack to experience a little track time in our spec Miata and my Viper there.;)

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Nice! Sunsations
Had a 25' Sunsation Aggressor
20170806_140047.jpg

prorider

Reaction score
That red 27 Speedster is sitting outside Advantage in Havasu today.