WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Shutdown and Open Carry

floatn turd

Reaction score
I support protesting when actual gun laws are threatened.
But
Combining guns with every Government action you don't like, is just stupid
I.M.O.

Then you have these two cats, who are either 2 of the biggest buffoons in open carry history OR have a sweet ass sense of humor!
I would love to see the faces of the "normal" protesters when they walked in to that Subway.
Screenshot_20200512-072256_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200512-072317_Chrome.jpg

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Some pretty big long irons in there! Whatever point they are trying to make looks like it was successful lol! :p

DLC

Reaction score
Last edited:

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
It’s likely some black rifle coffee company type liberal trolling. It’s hilarious but you can bet some Karen is gonna freak out lol

Tank

Reaction score
Remember about 8 years ago when "Open Carry" was a huge deal in California. And for whatever reason you had people walking around with their unloaded sidearms publicly displayed because the law allowed them to. They would film themselves on Youtube getting into arguments with passers, cops, etc. All in the name of their rights. Then guess what happened. Law makers caught wind and made open carry illegal in Ca. I see the same type of behavior from the people that do the "public video audit" and walk into buildings filming etc. Legal now but I can see it being banned in Ca. I think these people believe they are defending our rights when in reality it seems to always backfire. Seems to me the way to fight this game isn't at the street level but at the Govt. level, playing their sleezy game of schmoozing the right people to ensure our rights aren't eroded.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Remember about 8 years ago when "Open Carry" was a huge deal in California. And for whatever reason you had people walking around with their unloaded sidearms publicly displayed because the law allowed them to. They would film themselves on Youtube getting into arguments with passers, cops, etc. All in the name of their rights. Then guess what happened. Law makers caught wind and made open carry illegal in Ca. I see the same type of behavior from the people that do the "public video audit" and walk into buildings filming etc. Legal now but I can see it being banned in Ca. I think these people believe they are defending our rights when in reality it seems to always backfire. Seems to me the way to fight this game isn't at the street level but at the Govt. level, playing their sleezy game of schmoozing the right people to ensure our rights aren't eroded.

There will be no common sense allowed on this board. What, are you new here or something??

So Tank, did you ever have to deal with one of the people that refused to show ID?? Those were quality stunts as well. :rolleyes:

Tank

Reaction score
There will be no common sense allowed on this board. What, are you new here or something??

So Tank, did you ever have to deal with one of the people that refused to show ID?? Those were quality stunts as well. :rolleyes:

Yeah, many times. I'm pretty good at talking to people though and have managed to not get myself on Youtube for being a dick. LOL

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score

But you forgot what happened after that. Making open carry illegal got San Diego County into a 2A lawsuit over their policy on concealed carry permits (combined with the now illegal open carry) that they lost and many other counties including Orange and Riverside followed the precident set by the lawsuit regarding concealed carry making it much easier for people with any reasonable need to obtain one, even to this day.

What good does carrying an unloaded firearm for all people to see do anyway? Sounds like a good way to get shot to me. I much rather be carrying a concealed loaded one.

My $0.02

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score

It’s no different than fools who were “rolling coal”.

Do stupid shit that garners attention and pisses people off, and don’t be surprised when the lawmakers slap it down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score

Do stupid shit that garners attention and pisses people off, and don’t be surprised when the lawmakers slap it down.

The problem lies with the "slap it down". Not one of the persons involved with the "stupidity" of declaring their rights actually broke any laws, nor did they harm anyone.

Yes it was stupid to , as @rivermobster likes to say "poke the bear", I see it as the actual issue it is, giving an inch.

You and the other people here that agree with outlawing open carry are complicit with ALLOWING those rights to be "slapped down". Not saying you do specifically, but if you support the .gov being ALLOWED to TAKE that right from us.

Well then fuck you sir.

Unless we make a stand someday, somewhere. It's going to be a "death of a thousand cuts" scenario.

Ray Charles can see it coming.

I ask you all, when is it time? When will we as a whole say "ENOUGH!".

Molon Labe my friends.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
The problem lies with the "slap it down". Not one of the persons involved with the "stupidity" of declaring their rights actually broke any laws, nor did they harm anyone.

Yes it was stupid to , as @rivermobster likes to say "poke the bear", I see it as the actual issue it is, giving an inch.

You and the other people here that agree with outlawing open carry are complicit with ALLOWING those rights to be "slapped down". Not saying you do specifically, but if you support the .gov being ALLOWED to TAKE that right from us.

Well then fuck you sir.

Unless we make a stand someday, somewhere. It's going to be a "death of a thousand cuts" scenario.

Molon Labe my friends.

So what are you drinking tonight? LoL

92 cole

Reaction score
I support protesting when actual gun laws are threatened.
But
Combining guns with every Government action you don't like, is just stupid
I.M.O.

Then you have these two cats, who are either 2 of the biggest buffoons in open carry history OR have a sweet ass sense of humor!
I would love to see the faces of the "normal" protesters when they walked in to that Subway.
View attachment 875853 View attachment 875854
These are the kind of guys that ruin making open carry legal.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
These are the kind of guys that ruin making open carry legal.

How do you do that though? Why do you give the minority the ability to silence and remove our ability to wear open arms?

pronstar

Reaction score

Well then fuck you sir.

Molon Labe my friends.

What makes you think I’m against open carry?

Just because I think something is dumb, doesn’t mean I think it should be illegal.

All I’m saying is, in a heavily lefty state, when you do things that poss the lefties off, don’t be surprised if they legislate it.

Carrying a bazooka around falls into this category.

92 cole

Reaction score
How do you do that though? Why do you give the minority the ability to silence and remove our ability to wear open arms?
I guess you don't get the point. Open carry is a 2nd right in the constitution Not a reason to be stupid about it or exploit it.

rrrr

Reaction score

Well then fuck you sir.

Molon Labe my friends.

I'm with @pronstar...you think we want to kill open carry? I'm not the one jeopardizing our rights to carry concealed or open.

It's you, and people like you. Your unintelligible gibberish, your support of the camouflage clowns, the End of Days nonsense, and your pledge to go down in a pool of blood do more harm to carry rights than a fat guy in camo shooting his wife in the head on live TV.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Big difference between being an asshole vs demonstrating YOUR RIGHTS..

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Well then fuck you sir.

Molon Labe my friends.

Agreed..

RD

Wedgy

Reaction score
We who grew up in the SoCal of the 60's, early 70's, can remember: Wide open spaces, Oak Glens with streams. Hunting within the City limits. Fishing Lake Hodges, every Pier and Beach we could reach. Walking up North Broadway, my Buddy Open carrying a 410, and me, my trusty Winchester Model 190.

But That was Yesterday...

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
I'm with @pronstar...you think we want to kill open carry? I'm not the one jeopardizing our rights to carry concealed or open.

It's you, and people like you. Your unintelligible gibberish, your support of the camouflage clowns, the End of Days nonsense, and your pledge to go down in a pool of blood do more harm to carry rights than a fat guy in camo shooting his wife in the head on live TV.

I have not once insulted you during your entire diatribe about your fucking OPINION.

You have made nothing but underhanded slights towards anyone with an opinion other than yours, honestly when you have nothing but insults, you have already lost the argument.

I used to have respect for your opinion and your knowledge. Currently you sound just like the fear mongers that TOOK those rights from us...no reason, just blathering insults because someone has a different opinion.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
What makes you think I’m against open carry?

Just because I think something is dumb, doesn’t mean I think it should be illegal.

All I’m saying is, in a heavily lefty state, when you do things that poss the lefties off, don’t be surprised if they legislate it.

Carrying a bazooka around falls into this category.

My point precisely. Why do we let them legislate something that should not be able to be restricted?

Whatever. I'll bow out of this "discussion" now. Pretty sure I am clear on how everyone who gives a shit feels. No reason to kick a dead horse anymore lol.

Last edited:

pronstar

Reaction score
My point precisely. Why do we let them legislate something that should not be able to be restricted?

Whatever. I'll bow out of this "discussion" now. Pretty sure I am clear on how everyone who gives a shit feels. No reason to kick a dead horse anymore lol.

I’m not disagreeing with you at all.

They absolutely should not be able to restrict our rights. But the red pill has been swallowed and, until the big igloo happens, it is what it is.

Doesn’t mean I’m happy about it.