WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Side by side Comp Flats crash

Bite the Bullet

Reaction score
1982 at Irvine Lake... opening round of eliminations the third pair of Comp Flats crashed. Picture's a little dog eared, I know!!!

Irvine lake comp flats.jpg

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
Im pretty sure I have video of that crash down at the river

Reactions: DLC

Bite the Bullet

Reaction score
Im pretty sure I have video of that crash down at the river

I used to have the VHS by Redding Video...probably the same one you have! My buddy was racing River Racer Flat and his first round competitor went cartwheeling out the boat's right side. Do you remember that one? Would love to have a sequence to send him!

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
I used to have the VHS by Redding Video...probably the same one you have! My buddy was racing River Racer Flat and his first round competitor went cartwheeling out the boat's right side. Do you remember that one? Would love to have a sequence to send him!

It is a Redding video, and I believe it's a highlight only from I want to say '86. I'll see if I took any pics of the case.

Bite the Bullet

Reaction score
It is a Redding video, and I believe it's a highlight only from I want to say '86. I'll see if I took any pics of the case.

The crash took place at the 1982 NDBA finals. Hopefully they included it in one of those tapes!! I used to have both of them, I believe...can't remember if it was included, tho!! :oops:

Thanks for checking!

Last edited:

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
That's video taken by my phone of the video playing at my river house. It is for sure in one of those cassettes 👍👍

Riverbottom

Reaction score
I was waiting to circle race later that day, and walked over to the spectator area with Harry Christensen and Bernie O'Neil. We were right on the beach when it happened. Remember it very well.

Bite the Bullet

Reaction score
I was waiting to circle race later that day, and walked over to the spectator area with Harry Christensen and Bernie O'Neil. We were right on the beach when it happened. Remember it very well.

I read that Mike Brendel pulled out of RRF believing the water conditions were unsafe. That was the only crash of the day, tho. Another RRF driver was tossed out but didn’t crash.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
@Bite the Bullet I didnt actually watch my video that I posted last night till just now. I believe that pass that your buddy ran is the next pass on that video. I have thought about converting the vhs to dvd but Im afraid of loosing the film lol