WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sidewall repair kit

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
@rivermobster worst nightmare.. :D

seriously adding one of these to the offroad kit.. could come in handy!

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Definitely a handy alternative to get you home.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Nice just ordered the kit. Thanks for the info. You never know with the SXS or quads.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
@rivermobster worst nightmare.. :D

seriously adding one of these to the offroad kit.. could come in handy!

Good luck with that!!! 🤣

In my off-road kit, I have a bunch of plugs, plug glue (I think it's just superglue?) and a whole bunch of CO2 cartridges for a CO2 inflator. I've never had to use it yet, but I sure have bailed out a whole bunch of friends that can seem to avoid running into things!

You guys just don't seem to understand that there is a right way and a wrong way to fix tires. Highway tires are one thing, and you NEED to know WTF you are doing!

An off road only tire? Plug that bitch!!! 👍

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I just looked around online, and it's not easy find the one like I have...

Most of the CO2 inflators use the threaded (expensive) cartridges.

You need to find the type that use the regular ol bb gun (cheap) cartridges. But for you SxS guys, you'll need shit ton of cartridges to fill up your 37" tires! Better to just pack a compressor.

For you quad/dirt bike guys, this is similar to the deal I carry in my fanny pack when I ride. Looks kinna cheese ball though...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Good luck with that!!! 🤣

In my off-road kit, I have a bunch of plugs, plug glue (I think it's just superglue?) and a whole bunch of CO2 cartridges for a CO2 inflator. I've never had to use it yet, but I sure have bailed out a whole bunch of friends that can seem to avoid running into things!

You guys just don't seem to understand that there is a right way and a wrong way to fix tires. Highway tires are one thing, and you NEED to know WTF you are doing!

An off road only tire? Plug that bitch!!! 👍

This is just an option if plugs aren’t Gonna work..

Reactions: DWC

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
This is just an option if plugs aren’t Gonna work..

If you have a rip in the tire that you can't fix with a plug, I doubt that thing is gonna help.

Every SxS guy I've ridden with carries a spare, for good reason. Shit happens fast in the desert. :(

Joe mama

Reaction score
Probably is not going to work in all situations, but if it works a saves the day why not.

Taboma

Reaction score
After watching the repair video, the one field challenge will be sanding or grinding flat any raised lettering at and around the puncture site. That could take awhile with the included small square of sandpaper. I'd think those sealed alcohol wipes might serve as a field solution since it's unlikely we'd have warm water and soap.
Couple of positive reviews on Amazon (For the patch kit), one suggests the $ 20 kit is realistically a one shot deal, not four as advertised unless all done at once.

Interesting 👍

2Driver

Reaction score
Ypu can do the same with Gorilla glue gel and a piece of inner tube. On mt bikes people swear by gorilla glue and gorilla tape but taping from the inside. Gets you home for sure. I was a doubter until I tried it.

I still carry a pile of plugs

Reactions: DWC

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
335FBBB0-A85A-45C2-89E5-424042326C8E.jpeg