WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Signs from the Deceased**Loved Ones**

Bear Down

Reaction score
Its been 7 years since my 47 year brother passed and I never get any direct signs or reminders from him since... Occasional dream or thought provoking item ( he worked for Edison) that makes me think of him, but never really something where I think he talks to me.. So last night out of nowhere, my best friend sends me a text, sending me a prayer and thoughts about my time with my brother as he was sick and the journey. Only time anyone has reached out to me about that, I took it as a great gesture of a great friend (his mom is fighting cancer, which my brother passed from) so it makes sense. Then this morning, a song came up that was played during his services/slideshow, then it just effen hit me like a ton of bricks at work (now). This is maybe the 2nd time in 7 years I felt he is speaking to me or at least saying hi. From time to time I think he is, but I just chalk it up to me really wanting it to happen versus really happening (forcing it). Any inmates have constant signs? Or far and few between them if any?

Water Romper

Reaction score
The quick answer from me: YES

I don't believe messages from loved ones who have passed have time lines, you mention 7 years since you lost your brother, that may be only a second in the spiritual world. I'm not going to go all GHOST on you or debate life after death or even religion but for me and my two older sisters, we have had some very strange incidents that cannot be explained. I was 12, mom made me breakfast, went to school, came home, she had died earlier that day. Very sudden, no previous illness, no car wreck or homicide, devastating to say the least, my father still grieves, he's 96. Just one of those things that take a human life. For many years after, Myself and my Sisters had strange things happen, I wont go into detail but nothing creepy, it was almost welcoming to know she had a presents. As the years went on, seems the "visits" are far and few, perhaps she has finally made peace. I wont know until I meet her again.
For you to think you are receiving a sign from your brother, that's completely between you and him. Coincidence? maybe, but welcome it and embrace it. Other "signs" may follow.

Last edited:

parker guy

Reaction score
Its been 7 years since my 47 year brother passed and I never get any direct signs or reminders from him since... Occasional dream or thought provoking item ( he worked for Edison) that makes me think of him, but never really something where I think he talks to me.. So last night out of nowhere, my best friend sends me a text, sending me a prayer and thoughts about my time with my brother as he was sick and the journey. Only time anyone has reached out to me about that, I took it as a great gesture of a great friend (his mom is fighting cancer, which my brother passed from) so it makes sense. Then this morning, a song came up that was played during his services/slideshow, then it just effen hit me like a ton of bricks at work (now). This is maybe the 2nd time in 7 years I felt he is speaking to me or at least saying hi. From time to time I think he is, but I just chalk it up to me really wanting it to happen versus really happening (forcing it). Any inmates have constant signs? Or far and few between them if any?
Enjoy the moments, my Mom passed 4 years ago and little thing always pop up to remind me of her...positive thoughts to you Mom

gmnhra

Reaction score
I am not one to buy into the "afterlife" or things like this. However....
When my son passed 6 years ago, a friend told us that he would remind us that he is still "with us" by leaving a dime...
We find dimes at times when he is particularly on our minds and in places that really remind us of him. Coincidence...maybe...
It really makes me think sometimes...Always bitter sweet when we find a dime

PlanB

Reaction score
Right after my dad passed, I had a few things happen in my house that are unexplainable. Electronics turning on by themselves right in front of me, Doors opening and closing... As time passes, these things happen less frequently.

Last edited:

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
In college I dated a girl who had an identical twin. My girlfriend told me one day she was riding her bike and she got instantly sick to her stomach. She stopped and sat on the curb for a second. By the time the feeling had passed, she said she knew something was wrong with her sister and hauled ass home. Her mother and sister had been in a car accident and the 10 year old sister died at the scene.

old rigger

Reaction score
My dad's been gone almost 22 years and I still get signs or feelings that he's hanging around. The best was about 8 years ago I was in the garage working on my '48 chevy coupe. I had taken the little part on the door that keeps it open when you want it open. It wasn't doing its job any longer and I could see that if I took it apart and flipped the little detent it would work like new. I'm welding the part in the vice and behind me is my '48 and the passenger window is down. As I'm welding, in the back of my mind I'm thinking of dad and how he'd be pointing out that just a small spark could pop and land on the seat and burn a hole...but I didn't stop, just moved my body to block any sparks. Out of the corner of my eye I can see the coupe slowly rolling backwards out of the garage. Turned off my torch, lifted my goggles and sure enough the car rolled back and stopped when the front bumper was just past the door opening. Garage floor is perfectly flat, of course, and this has never happen before or since with any of my old cars.

It was like he was saying "ok, if you're too god damned lazy to move the car, I will".

havasuhusker

Reaction score
Certain songs always come on the radio whenever I've been really thinking about my mom or dad (both deceased). It could be coincidence, but these same songs. which have very special meaning to them and me...one was the song I danced to with my mom at my wedding and one is a song I played for my dad when he was in a coma by holding my phone to his ear. Gives me the chills every time and I'm not one who really believes in ghosts or anything like that.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
For me yes. It’s corny but every time I find a penny I pick it up “pennies from Heaven” I started doing this in 2004 when my dad passed. Since my mom passed last year I continue to do so. If I find a penny on heads, it’s my dad telling stay strong. If I find one on tails it’s an “I love you son” from my mom. I save these pennies in a separate jar from the rest of my change. Corny I know but it helps me stay connected with them. The best find yet is about a week after my mom had passed, I had found one of each laying next to each other. Almost like my dad saying “ I have her here with me and she’s safe”
688EC2AD-E847-472B-B488-5C46BB27C124.jpeg

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
My mother told me as a small child that when my Grandfather passed while she was at work, she felt his presence overcome her. A father saying goodbye to his daughter. 45 years later, I still do not believe in coincidences. Everything happens for a reason.

100%
We call it divine alignment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Wayn-o

Reaction score
For me yes. It’s corny but every time I find a penny I pick it up “pennies from Heaven” I started doing this in 2004 when my dad passed. Since my mom passed last year I continue to do so. If I find a penny on heads, it’s my dad telling stay strong. If I find one on tails it’s an “I love you son” from my mom. I save these pennies in a separate jar from the rest of my change. Corny I know but it helps me stay connected with them. The best find yet is about a week after my mom had passed, I had found one of each laying next to each other. Almost like my dad saying “ I have her here with me and she’s safe”
Yep - my wife says the same thing. Its for her mon and baby sister who have passed.

View attachment 952893

sirbob

Reaction score
Is crying everyday for the wife you lost 6 months ago a sign?

Then yes I get lots of signs!

But I really can’t say I “felt” her with me... I wish could feel that.

Last edited:

dribble

Reaction score
So many times. In April, 2019, I lost my 13 year old granddaughter. Before leaving Sacramento for the service in Norco my GF and I were walking through a parking lot talking about her and I looked down and found a coin. On the front of the coin was an angel. On the back also was the same angel. I brought the coin with me and gave it to my stepson at the service.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
"Our loved ones in Spirit often send messages to us by tapping into our memories from the past. Pay attention the next time you have a positive and emotionally charged memory that comes out of the blue. This is the Spirit’s way of reminding us what’s important in this world, those special moments of connection."

RIVERDAZE

Reaction score
I've mentioned the story on here before. I am not one to go visiting grave sites, sadly its just me. Well, something told me I needed to so My wife, almost 2 YO daughter and I went to finally visit my Grandma and Pa at their grave site. The 2 Yo was the first great decendent of them. My grandfather died in 87 and my grandmother 1 month before her birth. I knew the approximate location of the gravesite but not exact. As my wife and I were looking in the area my duaghter looked up and pointed and said "Opa" and ran to a bench and sat. My wife and I completely lost it! I know my grandmother was there too. Never had something that obvious or extreme happen again. There are signs for sure!

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
When my dad passed away we went through pictures of that day of the family together. We noticed a weird green dot in a lot of our pics. We just thought it was some weird sun reflection. We started to notice them more and more popping up in pictures at random. Been a few years and to this day we still see these random green orbs in our pics at his favorite places.

Nordie

Reaction score
My grandparents were very involved with me and my brothers lives, we didn't really have great homes to live in.

I constantly have dreams of my grandparents as if they're still alive. The weird part is it always has to do with current events. I often think they're trying to speak to me.

It's been 10 years and I still catch myself trying to call my grandmother to ask her a random question that I know she would know.

Yes they're talking to us...

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
View attachment 952893
My kid says the same and always picks them up she says it’s my mom saying hello 😎

old rigger

Reaction score
When my grandpa died he was in Vets hospital. He and my grandma were the ones that retired to Bullhead in '61.
He'd joined the Navy at 15 in 1927 and served 30 years. He'd had a few strokes and was only about 67ish when he passed. I wasn't there the day he died but my mom and some others were. He died twice. When they revived him he said he'd just seen his sister waving to him, like motioning to someone to come closer. He passed (for good) later that day. He hadn't had any contact with his sister for a good decade. No one there mentioned to him that earlier the same day his sister was killed in an accident in Kansas.

Who knows what the hell that means but I think of it often.

XClutchboy725

Reaction score
I had a really good, close friend die a few years back. He was my co-dawg when we did the Baja 1000 back in 2007. We drag raced together and often went to glamis together as well. His sand car was always breaking down and a basic POS, but his widow recently had another friend take the VW motor out and put a Honda V6 in it. She brought it to Glamis on Thanksgiving weekend as an "extra car". She said it is here so anyone can drive it if their car breaks.

Well, sure enough, I killed a turbo on Thanksgiving Day. She walks over to me and says "Tommy would want you to drive his car for the rest of the trip". Obviously I could not turn that down without insulting her ,so I drove the car the rest of the weekend.

On the last dune ride, I mentioned jokingly to the buddy who put the new motor in it... "Hey! how come that car just runs and runs now?". He looked at me and said " Oh no, you didn't just say that!". Sure enough, I get back in the car after the beer stop and it won't start! Fuel Pump not turning on. I get back out of the car and we take a look. Sure enough, the Fuel Pump Relay had a nut missing, so no electrical connection. An easy fix, but I'm sure ol' Tommy said " Oh yeah effer? I'll show you!"

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
I’ve lost every single one of my closest friends. One was only 40 when he passed suddenly due to an aortic aneurysm. Fortunately each of these friends also passed suddenly without having to suffer from a long illness. Perhaps not the same, but the wave of grief, loss and emotion will again suddenly sweep over you when you may least expect it. Is that a sign from the deceased? I don’t know. Maybe not. Who knows? But it definitely does happen.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
If one looks, the signs are there imo. Once you stop looking, there is your sign.
Sometime in life, letting things go is the best tact. I used to look to the stars, talk to the moon as crazy as it seems. It was just my own spiritual healing.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
When ever I go on a road trip I say “ Lord let’s go on a road trip mom and dad please travel with us “ I don’t know I do lots of RTs and drive fast and I feel safe 👍

Hdgasser

Reaction score
My entire life I’ve never seen a humming bird land or sit still... the day my uncle died I was sitting in the back yard at my parents and a humming bird flew under the patio, landed on the island we’re me, my mom and sister were sitting.

Everyone froze and look around like “wtf” andfor weeks and even still to this day I’ll see one land and he chills for a sec then takes off.

i say Hi Tio!

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
I am not one to buy into the "afterlife" or things like this. However....
When my son passed 6 years ago, a friend told us that he would remind us that he is still "with us" by leaving a dime...
We find dimes at times when he is particularly on our minds and in places that really remind us of him. Coincidence...maybe...
It really makes me think sometimes...Always bitter sweet when we find a dime

My dad (R.I.P.) told my brother before he died... Irish tradition is leaving pennies for living ones. He said don’t be so damn cheap... leave us dimes!

Oh the stories I could tell you in the last 12 years.... just wow.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
The spirits are out there.
It’s real - I think
You will know . They work in different ways.
I’ve been there a few times .

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Is crying everyday for the wife you lost 6 months ago a sign?

Then yes I get lots of signs!

But I really can’t say I “felt” her with me... I wish could feel that though.
...Let your minds eye run free and her vision will come... talk to her at night ...talk to her during the day ...Might take a little time...