WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Silent Majority....Watching Tucker Carlson

Tank

Reaction score
Numbers speak volumes. People are watching and listening to Tucker. I personally really enjoy his views. He's definitely conservative but is not scared AT ALL to call republicans and even the president out for things he disagrees with. I find he does not pander much at all (unlike Hannity). And he is upfront and outspoken in this "agree with us or else" environment. It's rather refreshing to listen to someone that is willing to speak their mind against the radical left with out fear of backlash. I actually cringe sometimes at some of things he says thinking, "damn, that's gonna piss people off".

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Everybody see tonight's show!! Fricken GOP Senetors trying to abolish Columbus day an turn it into Juneteenth Day.

ultrajet

Reaction score
Republicans voting down ticket is the ONLY chance they have to keep senate . They’ve all been outed as a bunch of pansies

Tank

Reaction score
I was going to post this yesterday.

You know what's funny too is advertisers pull out all the time because he's "controversial" aka speaks his mind against the radical left. Highest rated cable news program in history and the advertisers are scared to cash in on that. That gives you a slight glimmer into the bigger picture and how much power these terrorist groups actually have over the sheep (big tech, big corporate, etc). But Fox is like, you do you Tucker. Keep on keeping on. and THAT to me is a great sign of a good company that believes in freedom of speech and Americans rights. Not getting the high ad dollars, causing outrage by some but stands by their man as the rating climb through the roof. 👍

530RL

Reaction score
You know what's funny too is advertisers pull out all the time because he's "controversial" aka speaks his mind against the radical left. Highest rated cable news program in history and the advertisers are scared to cash in on that. That gives you a slight glimmer into the bigger picture and how much power these terrorist groups actually have over the sheep (big tech, big corporate, etc). But Fox is like, you do you Tucker. Keep on keeping on. and THAT to me is a great sign of a good company that believes in freedom of speech and Americans rights. Not getting the high ad dollars, causing outrage by some but stands by their man as the rating climb through the roof. 👍

Most products want to sell to everyone. Taking a side by advertising on far right opinion media or far left opinion media, or controversial media is simply bad for business unless your product is aimed solely at one side or the other.

A great deal of discussions in advertising budget allocations meetings are about limiting mistakes in where one advertises. That is why they make multiple different ads in multiple different languages and avoid “controversial” shows unless the controversy reinforces the product message. At the end of the day, it is about growing the business, not taking a political stance. That is for personal time.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
Most products want to sell to everyone. Taking a side by advertising on far right opinion media or far left opinion media, or controversial media is simply bad for business unless your product is aimed solely at one side or the other.

A great deal of discussions in advertising budget allocations meetings are about limiting mistakes in where one advertises. That is why they make multiple different ads in multiple different languages and avoid “controversial” shows unless the controversy reinforces the product message. At the end of the day, it is about growing the business, not taking a political stance. That is for personal time.
No they don’t.

If that were REMOTELY true, no company would engage in political crap, ever.

Tank

Reaction score

Maybe I just haven't paid attention to others, or maybe Tucker just stands out because I like his show (and for the record, I don't watch anything else on Fox), but I don't ever see advertisers talking about pulling out of CNN after the horrendous Russia gate debacle or actually just stating they're pulling out of advertising because of their ever dropping ratings. And actually there's still some BIG advertisers on CNN. Not talking shit or being sarcastic. It just seems advertisers cow tail to the left (opposite of what your point is) to point out they are pulling advertising from Tuckers show (you can google it, there's a few examples that made the news). Or maybe it's that the left controls 90% of the media so they make it a big deal and splash it all over when something like that happens to a conservative show.

Either way, it's nice to see pulled big ad dollars which may cause pressure and others to cave, doesn't affect Fox and Tucker from going on as they will. 👍

530RL

Reaction score
Maybe I just haven't paid attention to others, or maybe Tucker just stands out because I like his show (and for the record, I don't watch anything else on Fox), but I don't ever see advertisers talking about pulling out of CNN after the horrendous Russia gate debacle or actually just stating they're pulling out of advertising because of their ever dropping ratings. And actually there's still some BIG advertisers on CNN. Not talking shit or being sarcastic. It just seems advertisers cow tail to the left (opposite of what your point is) to point out they are pulling advertising from Tuckers show (you can google it, there's a few examples that made the news). Or maybe it's that the left controls 90% of the media so they make it a big deal and splash it all over when something like that happens to a conservative show.

Either way, it's nice to see pulled big ad dollars which may cause pressure and others to cave, doesn't affect Fox and Tucker from going on as they will. 👍

Tucker Carlson is an opinion segment not a news segment. Russia gate was not an opinion but an actual investigation that resulted in an impeachment, something all news sources, regardless of their bias reported. Media companies mix and match whatever combo of segments they need to maximize revenue.

All major news operations go through opinion personalities. Some are fired for low ratings, which result in low advertising dollars to both their show and to the news segments. Some are heralded, such as Carlson who generate relative high ratings even though his advertising dollars are down in his segment. However, advertisers and management know that he draws traffic that keeps watching the news segment and as a result they can sell more dollars in the news segments. Product managers can get the eyeballs of Carlson, without the taint by simply moving the ad to a different segment.

Naturally you can find more conservative products and companies that advertise on CNN news segments, but not on Anderson Cooper or Don Lemon’s segments. And naturally you can find some more liberal products and companies that advertise on Fox News segments but not on Carlson. The product managers job is to get to as many eyeballs as possible while attempting to offend the least amount possible. And the ”media companies” which we all know are designed to attract eyeballs to sell ads, mix and match ”opinion” with “news” in the best way possible to generate as much advertising dollars as possible for that is how they are paid. They create a product to sell to advertisers and distinguish their products as does both CNN and FOX.

At the end of the day, people keep bringing up “integrity” and “journalism” and other neat words, while being shocked and appalled at the ethics of the “other“ side. Shocked at the bias of the other side. This has always been simply about money going back to the first Gutenberg press and Zworykin TV camera.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score

Like Nike?

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score

I used to watch Kimmel all the time, had the DVR set up to record for years. I haven’t actually watched his show in at least 2 years, just kept deleting the recorded episodes. A couple of months ago, I stopped recording Kimmel and set up my DVR to record Tucker.

Apparently I am part of the cancel culture problem. Lol 😂

Tank

Reaction score
Tucker Carlson is an opinion segment not a news segment. Russia gate was not an opinion but an actual investigation that resulted in an impeachment, something all news sources, regardless of their bias reported. Media companies mix and match whatever combo of segments they need to maximize revenue.

All major news operations go through opinion personalities. Some are fired for low ratings, which result in low advertising dollars to both their show and to the news segments. Some are heralded, such as Carlson who generate relative high ratings even though his advertising dollars are down in his segment. However, advertisers and management know that he draws traffic that keeps watching the news segment and as a result they can sell more dollars in the news segments. Product managers can get the eyeballs of Carlson, without the taint by simply moving the ad to a different segment.

Naturally you can find more conservative products and companies that advertise on CNN news segments, but not on Anderson Cooper or Don Lemon’s segments. And naturally you can find some more liberal products and companies that advertise on Fox News segments but not on Carlson. The product managers job is to get to as many eyeballs as possible while attempting to offend the least amount possible. And the ”media companies” which we all know are designed to attract eyeballs to sell ads, mix and match ”opinion” with “news” in the best way possible to generate as much advertising dollars as possible for that is how they are paid. They create a product to sell to advertisers and distinguish their products as does both CNN and FOX.

At the end of the day, people keep bringing up “integrity” and “journalism” and other neat words, while being shocked and appalled at the ethics of the “other“ side. Shocked at the bias of the other side. This has always been simply about money going back to the first Gutenberg press and Zworykin TV camera.

Tucker Carlson is absolutely an opinion segment. He declares so ALL THE TIME. He makes a point, usually when pointing out other opinion anchors that are portraying themselves as news anchors, that he is absolutely an opinion show. No secret there. He doesn't try to be something he's not. Which again, is refreshing. Self awareness and honesty aren't too common in the MSM.

I really don't want to go down the rabbit hole of arguing over Russia Gate. But it's a fact CNN ratings dropped after that whole thing fell apart. Doesn't bode well to have "expert after expert" of the likes like Schiff on constantly stating, "I have absolute proof of collusion, you'll see..." for three years and then. (insert pacman dying music) fall flat. Left: Yay, Trumps crooked we got an impeachment. Right: it was meaningless and a set up, lets move on. In the end, I don't think it accomplished much, as in I don't think it swayed a vote left or right from anyone.

As to the rest of your post regarding advertisement...Yes, I understand the basics of advertising. ;)

As far as Integrity and Journalism, that has become two words that shouldn't be used in the same sentence! You point out Tucker as being an opinion anchor. Problem now a days is opinion anchors act as if they're news anchors and news anchors give their opinions and push agenda. There used to be a definitive line. It's all blurred now and it continues to erode the public trust in MSM from both sides. I don't call opinion pieces journalism as it really doesn't fit the definition. I do consider Tucker Carlson to be a man of integrity from listening to his opinions, beliefs, self awareness and own accountability (he acknowledges he was wrong from time to time when he is).

You should watch a few of his shows and see what you think. I'd be interested to hear your take on him too.

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
I record Tucker, Hannity and Laura every day (due to time difference their shows come on live in mid morning here).
The preference is Tucker, Laura and Hannity in that order because l find Tucker and Laura have good and interesting opinions whilst Hannity seems to continually go over the same talking points all the time.:oops:
Tucker even discusses UFO's in a intelligent way without any agenda, refreshing to hear a anchor that talks out of his mouth and not out of his arse. ;) 👍

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I record Tucker, Hannity and Laura every day (due to time difference their shows come on live in mid morning here).
The preference is Tucker, Laura and Hannity in that order because l find Tucker and Laura have good and interesting opinions whilst Hannity seems to continually go over the same talking points all the time.:oops:
Tucker even discusses UFO's in a intelligent way without any agenda, refreshing to hear a anchor that talks out of his mouth and not out of his arse. ;) 👍

Tucker was influential in getting Luis Elizondo legitimate exposure after he quit AATIP over lack of response concerning UFO’s, in way of reference to Tuckers interview of Donald Trump.
Both are very careful to point out that UFO’s DO NOT MEAN aliens. They are a legitimate threat, as we have no idea who or what they are.
It’s cool because Tucker will not allow himself to be attacked on rhetoric.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Dana Loesch is another good one...and easy on the eyes [emoji7]

F91546AA-860F-43A3-A616-24A2FB43A436-74516-00001FAA69F9BC67.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score

Holy crap, I ran out of mustard halfway thru...

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Nailed it again on tonight’s show. He straight laid into those dipshit senators duckworth and Ilhan Omar.

Yep.
Hannity is not my favorite. I feel he panders somewhat more than I care for.

But damn...he had Kayleigh on and boy...she does it for me.
Add in the pummeling she administers to the DC media mob daily and she is the total bomb yo!

B5D2F0E3-3EDC-4B3B-9724-86AB658F389D.jpeg

67837A1B-3B9B-4AD6-A7A4-F1B14A7A571D.jpeg

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
Yep.
Hannity is not my favorite. I feel he panders somewhat more than I care for.

But damn...he had Kayleigh on and boy...she does it for me.
Add in the pummeling she administers to the DC media mob daily and she is the total bomb yo!

View attachment 896867

View attachment 896868
No wonder the press want to keep wearing masks, that way they don’t show the lip quiver when she mentally destroys them on live TV.

fuck democrats

YumaRivernaut

How Far Off Was I?
Reaction score

Bullshit son.

The Phantom

Banned
Reaction score

Mr. 530RL. You talk too much.

Performance Grips

Reaction score

CNN would have ZERO advertising if that were the case. Tucker will be fine. Plenty of people want 2-3 million cable viewers. You sure know alot about everything? I've never met you but damn you must be over the top successful?

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
CNN would have ZERO advertising if that were the case. Tucker will be fine. Plenty of people want 2-3 million cable viewers. You sure know alot about everything? I've never met you but damn you must be over the top successful?
530 lives in a house, upon a hill, next to the stars.
He does what he does. Perfect example of a grumpy old successful man with limited time.
End of story.