WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Silverado 1500 Suspension Build

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I don’t even have the truck yet but I’ve ordered the Kings LOL, since there’s 4-5 week build time. I guess I’ll suffer in the meantime [emoji4]

Going to go with King 2.5 coilovers up front, 2.5 piggybacks in the rear on stock leaf packs.
Standard King valving.
2.5” lift in front, minimal in rear, want to level it out and not lift it unnecessarily.

IMG_0280.jpg

Depending on the UCA’s my truck came with, I’m going with Icon Deltajoint UCA’s, or Camburg Uniballs.

The brand snob in me wants Camburg.

But the Deltajoints are sealed and don’t require maintenance (or make noise) like uniballs.

I’ll run the factory wheels with 285/65-18 (33”) Nitto Trail Grappler MT tires. They’re the closest thing to Toyo Open Country MT’s...which is basically the same tire. Toyo MT’s aren’t available in this size.

What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Runs2rch

Reaction score
So one inch block out back to keep it level? I would look at the ridge grapplers also as well as the total chaos arms. Cut off the service perch also.

ryanshaw07

Reaction score
Congrats! I think you’ll love the truck and the suspension package you ordered. I think you will hate how much power the tires rob and also want aftermarket wheels.

Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

parker ed

Reaction score
Subscribed. I’ll be getting a new 1500 in a couple months and basically want to do the same thing.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I think I would sell the factory rims and tires and spend a little extra for some aftermarket wheels.

Should be cool with the kings.[emoji106]

pronstar

Reaction score
So one inch block out back to keep it level? I would look at the ridge grapplers also as well as the total chaos arms. Cut off the service perch also.
No blocks, all suspension. Supposedly the kings bring it up slightly the back? I could be totally wrong about that now that i think of it lol

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Runs2rch

Reaction score
No blocks, all suspension. Supposedly the kings bring it up slightly the back? I could be totally wrong about that now that i think of it lol

Small block or new leaf packs. Or if you put the coilovers at 2 inch you will sit dead level.

pronstar

Reaction score
I can get methods for about 170 per.
Would probably go with 17s and a 285/70 tire.

But honestly i like the stock look, i ran my Ram that way as well. So i guess i need some convincing LOL

FB_IMG_1534908337702.jpeg

What do you think of bronze wheels on a blue truck?
Too Subaru WRX-ish?

33s and a heavy tire will definitely rob some power, that's the price we lay and I'm not gonna regear.

pronstar

Reaction score
Small block or new leaf packs. Or if you put the coilovers at 2 inch you will sit dead level.
That's what I'm looking for, just level.

pronstar

Reaction score
I need more voids in the tire since we have thick mud and clay here...i think the ridge grapplers would pack up with mud.

Wut b service perch?

Runs2rch

Reaction score
On the 285/65's with 3.42's you will be fine. My truck will light them up. 58 lbs a tire running the same stock 18's you have.

Shortdeck

Reaction score
Let us know how the King's ride. I put Camburg upper arms on my 2018 F150. You'll have to do some research, but some upper arms limit backspace of the wheel. They allow for more caster so the steering wheel returns to center more easily. Camburg makes some nice parts. Expensive parts.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
I need more voids in the tire since we have thick mud and clay here...i think the ridge grapplers would pack up with mud.

Wut b service perch?

I hear you. Trail grapplers for sure. The service perch is where the control arm rests when on a lift. So when off road it will limit your travel. King, icon, fox all have built in limiting so no need for the factory crap to get in the way.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I can get methods for about 170 per.
Would probably go with 17s and a 285/70 tire.

But honestly i like the stock look, i ran my Ram that way as well. So i guess i need some convincing LOL

View attachment 675668

What do you think of bronze wheels on a blue truck?
Too Subaru WRX-ish?

33s and a heavy tire will definitely rob some power, that's the price we lay and I'm not gonna regear.

17’s would still look good.

Just not a fan of stock wheels on lifted vehicles and I’m sure the method offset would be better for the whole deal.

They have some new wheels that look good. I don’t know if I could do gold on blue...lol
IMG_2887.jpg

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Kibbetech has been doing gold and other color rims on some of their rides and I’m digging it
Originally wasn’t a fan, but it’s grown on me in last couple months for sure.
Here’s one they did with just gold accents, maybe something like that. More CA style so may not get much love out there in Texas. But who cares Texas truck styles are like CA 90s so they’re opinion don’t count anyway, lol
9A5E977C-1D13-41B1-8270-0400A446D7A1.jpeg

Backlash

Reaction score
Original Corporate Cruiser. ;)

Kibbe makes some badass sheeeit! If I was building a Silverado, he would be the one I'd call. Top notch work!!

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I think that is a nice start. I personally like the modern factory wheels. Even on a lifted truck. I suggest that if you are gonna go with UCA arms, I'dreplace the leaf pack. I put a set of Deavers on my truck and they ride SOOOOO much nicer than the factory pack. And that was with the same shocks as well.

Also, you wont get any lift in the rear from changing shocks. Shocks dont hold the truck up, the springs do that.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

pronstar

Reaction score
I think that is a nice start. I personally like the modern factory wheels. Even on a lifted truck. I suggest that if you are gonna go with UCA arms, I'dreplace the leaf pack. I put a set of Deavers on my truck and they ride SOOOOO much nicer than the factory pack. And that was with the same shocks as well.

Also, you wont get any lift in the rear from changing shocks. Shocks dont hold the truck up, the springs do that.

I had deavers on my 3/4-ton Ram, they were great.

I think these 1/2-ton rear leafs may be plush enough compared to what I'm used to. I'm hoping so anyway, since the deavers are gonna be around a grand.

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
What is your cost on all of it? My 2500 is already leveled and has CST UCAs but rides pretty stiff. I'd like to do coil overs but so far found it to be pretty expensive and it is way cheaper just to do a lift.

Have you thought about lowering the front diff to reduce axle angles?

How about painting or powder coating your stock wheel black?

Andy01

Reaction score
Good set up, I'd consider Mazzula shackles out back as well as their control arms. https://mzoffroad.com/ I have camburg stuff on one of my trucks and their after the sale service wasn't the greatest. Who did you order the shocks from? I am looking at this with kings and deavers as well. I was like $5500 in parts. Three inch Kings though.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
How about some walker evens wheels! Not everyone has them
IMG_2629.JPG

Reactions: DLC

pronstar

Reaction score
What is your cost on all of it? My 2500 is already leveled and has CST UCAs but rides pretty stiff. I'd like to do coil overs but so far found it to be pretty expensive and it is way cheaper just to do a lift.

Have you thought about lowering the front diff to reduce axle angles?

How about painting or powder coating your stock wheel black?

Shocks and UCAs are close to three grand.

If you want to make a 3/4 ton ride nice, it’s not gonna be cheap. You need to replace all of your springs (including full leaf packs in the rear, not add-a-packs) plus 2.5-inch or larger shocks valved by someone who knows what they’re doing. A larger shock - 3 or 3.5 inch - is even better, and they ain’t cheap at all.

And the brand matters. You can replace all of this with Kore or Fabjunk parts and it will still ride like shit.

Prolly not gonna paint the wheels. And I’m not lifting enough to make driveline angles an issue.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Shocks and UCAs are close to three grand.

If you want to make a 3/4 ton ride nice, it’s not gonna be cheap. You need to replace all of your springs (including full leaf packs in the rear, not add-a-packs) plus 2.5-inch or larger shocks valved by someone who knows what they’re doing. A larger shock - 3 or 3.5 inch - is even better, and they ain’t cheap at all.

And the brand matters. You can replace all of this with Kore or Fabjunk parts and it will still ride like shit.

Prolly not gonna paint the wheels. And I’m not lifting enough to make driveline angles an issue.

Yeah 2.5 is max before needing a diff drop. They are easy to do though. Could be worth it for your build.

pronstar

Reaction score
Yeah 2.5 is max before needing a diff drop. They are easy to do though. Could be worth it for your build.

What’s the benefit, and what involved?

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I had an 07 Chevy 1500 with a 2.5 leveling kit.

295/70/17 Toyo MT’s fit with trimming and looked really good.

Just an FYI

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Bronze wheels on blue will look great. Plus the extra offset will compliment the look.

I don’t see how a new shock with no lift block will raise the rear at all.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I think it is just hilarious that you are ordering parts for a truck you haven't found yet. LOL! 100% committed!

pronstar

Reaction score
I think it is just hilarious that you are ordering parts for a truck you haven't found yet. LOL! 100% committed!

Lol
I found and paid for it already...it’s just not yet in my possession.

Should be on a transporter by Saturday [emoji106]

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
On second thought, if you keep the chrome on the truck I'd do machined face wheels with black accents. If you delete the chrome, do bronze wheels.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
WE is now sold at Wally World so everyone will have them soon. They used to be really hard to get

I did not know that. Scratch that idea.

Chris Lapoint

Reaction score

If you do this, you WILL loose Payload & Towing Capacity, but typically you will see a better unloaded ride quality with a leaf pack that is progressive without an overload.

Last edited:

pronstar

Reaction score
If you do this, you WILL loose Payload & Towing Capacity, but typically you will see a better unloaded ride quality with a leave pack that is progressive without an overload.

Definitely need airbags with deavers for towing or hauling [emoji106]

Chris Lapoint

Reaction score
Good set up, I'd consider Mazzula shackles out back as well as their control arms. https://mzoffroad.com/ I have camburg stuff on one of my trucks and their after the sale service wasn't the greatest. Who did you order the shocks from? I am looking at this with kings and deavers as well. I was like $5500 in parts. Three inch Kings though.

I have a complete set, new in the box - I'd let go for $4200
07+ King 3.0 Race Front Coilovers P/N 33001-201A
07+ King 3.0 Race Rear Bypass P/N 33001-202

Let me know.

pronstar

Reaction score

Cole and Cody at CJC Suspension.

3-inch Kings are great but they ain’t cheap [emoji106]

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
If you want full custom long travel, Miller race works is hard to beat. Couple that with there rack elimination kit and your front end is bullet proof.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
The gray Method VEX wheels would be super bad ass imho. Or send the stock wheels to powder and do something wild! My wheels on my 2500 are candy blue and on my buggy are fluorescent yellow don’t be scared to be different

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
I would go to 17" wheels. I went 18" on my Ram and regret it. 17" has the most options.

GET SOME

Reaction score
Why spend a lot of money on Kings and not do deavers in the rear? What are you planning on using the truck for?

E4L

Reaction score
Kings 4-5 weeks my ass. More like 8-9[emoji41]

pronstar

Reaction score
I would go to 17" wheels. I went 18" on my Ram and regret it. 17" has the most options.

I know...but 99% sure I’m staying with the stock wheels.

pronstar

Reaction score
Why spend a lot of money on Kings and not do deavers in the rear? What are you planning on using the truck for?

Moderate off road, nothing really high speed out here. Getting to hunting spots. Lots of clay and mud. And epically shitty roads LOL

I had deavers on my 3/4 ton.

This is a half ton with way softer springs, I’m gonna see how it is with the factory springs before I decide to do deavers.