E4L

Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong the Kings were worth the wait
IMG_1556.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
I would go with Camburg UCA’s. Look at their “Kinetic” series. Machined cap over the uniball. Functional and looks nice.

I don’t even have the truck yet but I’ve ordered the Kings LOL, since there’s 4-5 week build time. I guess I’ll suffer in the meantime [emoji4]

Going to go with King 2.5 coilovers up front, 2.5 piggybacks in the rear on stock leaf packs.
Standard King valving.
2.5” lift in front, minimal in rear, want to level it out and not lift it unnecessarily.

View attachment 675651

Depending on the UCA’s my truck came with, I’m going with Icon Deltajoint UCA’s, or Camburg Uniballs.

The brand snob in me wants Camburg.

But the Deltajoints are sealed and don’t require maintenance (or make noise) like uniballs.

I’ll run the factory wheels with 285/65-18 (33”) Nitto Trail Grappler MT tires. They’re the closest thing to Toyo Open Country MT’s...which is basically the same tire. Toyo MT’s aren’t available in this size.

What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

aaronschiada

Reaction score
Call Ryan at Kibbetech. He’s a good buddy of mine. His stuff is top notch. He’s done some work for me on my toys, and he does all the fab work on my work trucks.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Moderate off road, nothing really high speed out here. Getting to hunting spots. Lots of clay and mud. And epically shitty roads LOL

I had deavers on my 3/4 ton.

This is a half ton with way softer springs, I’m gonna see how it is with the factory springs before I decide to do deavers.

You can also buy new sliders and polish the pads on the stock leafs to gain some free movement of them. I’ve done it in the past and keep saying I’m going to do to my truck now but always have thirty other things to do.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Looks like I have factory stamped steel control arms, so I can run Icon Delta Joint UCA's.

Apparently GM offered these trucks with aluminum arms also.
And beginning in 2016, they added forged steel arms to the mix.
From what I gather, there's no rhyme or reason on which arms your truck was built with.

You're restricted to running Icon Uniball UCA's if equipped.
The Camburg kits are all uniball, and they come with adapters no matter what arms your truck has.
Different UCA companies vary in what they offer, so do your homework.

This is all new to me...why does GM make shit so complicated LOL

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Looks like I have factory stamped steel control arms, so I can run Icon Delta Joint UCA's.

Apparently GM offered these trucks with aluminum arms also.
And beginning in 2016, they added forged steel arms to the mix.
From what I gather, there's no rhyme or reason on which arms your truck was built with.

You're restricted to running Icon Uniball UCA's if equipped.
The Camburg kits are all uniball, and they come with adapters no matter what arms your truck has.
Different UCA companies vary in what they offer, so do your homework.

This is all new to me...why does GM make shit so complicated LOL

Exactly. Fox had a ton of issues. Aluminum arms would gain a 1/2 inch more lift with 2.0's being cast thicker. I have a 17 with stamped arms.

Did you check out Total Chaos uca's?

pronstar

Reaction score
Exactly. Fox had a ton of issues. Aluminum arms would gain a 1/2 inch more lift with 2.0's being cast thicker. I have a 17 with stamped arms.

Did you check out Total Chaos uca's?

I want to give Icon’s Delta Joint a try[emoji106]

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Im cuious how the UCA construction has anything to do with which aftermarket arm you can run? They should all use the same frame mounts (GM leanred their lesson from the early 2000's when they built their 2wd with coils and 4WD and some other packages with torsion bars), and I cant imagine knuckles being much different if at all.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

pronstar

Reaction score
Im cuious how the UCA construction has anything to do with which aftermarket arm you can run? They should all use the same frame mounts (GM leanred their lesson from the early 2000's when they built their 2wd with coils and 4WD and some other packages with torsion bars), and I cant imagine knuckles being much different if at all.

From icon and what I’ve found:

This system ONLY fits vehicles equipped with the large spindle taper bore (.783"). For models equipped with small spindle taper bore (.6875") see part #K73002

The stamped steel arms have a smaller spindle taper bore.
The aluminum arms have a larger spindle taper bore.

So I guess it’s the spindle?

Runs2rch

Reaction score

This system ONLY fits vehicles equipped with the large spindle taper bore (.783"). For models equipped with small spindle taper bore (.6875") see part #K73002

Exactly. Thanks GM!!! Hahaha

pronstar

Reaction score
I’m not hating these tires.

I’m thinking about keeping them and saving a grand...

IMG_0323.JPG

IMG_0322.JPG

IMG_0325.JPG

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

Very interesting. I wonder if you could just have it bored out to the larger diameter taper? Or, I bet you can find some take off factory knuckles (they aren't spindles. I hate when companies use the incorrect terms then they get adopted by the masses that dont realize better).

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Very interesting. I wonder if you could just have it bored out to the larger diameter taper? Or, I bet you can find some take off factory knuckles (they aren't spindles. I hate when companies use the incorrect terms then they get adopted by the masses that dont realize better).

I forget which arms they were but in the instructions you drill the knuckle if needed.

pronstar

Reaction score
From Camburg:
We now include 2 sets of uniball adapter spacers and bolts to fit all years since Chevy has a small and large tapers in the spindles/knuckles. This way you’ll have every part needed regardless of your year and build date.

25Elmn8r

Reaction score
I’m not hating these tires.

I’m thinking about keeping them and saving a grand...

I ran them on my truck until they were wore out. Quiet and did well in all different scenarios we see up here in North Idaho(mud, dirt, snow, and ice)
I replaced them with Nitto Terra Grappler G2's 275/70/18. A bit more noise, better looking, and eats into my mileage (not a huge concern as I drive an average of 50-60 miles a week)

Looking forward to hearing how the Kings work out for you.

pronstar

Reaction score
Icon UCAs are at the shop. Still waiting on my Kings...

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

pronstar

Reaction score
Kings have been built and just need to be picked up...then shipped out to me.

This wait is killing me but I should have everything by early next week [emoji106]

BajaMike

Reaction score
I don’t even have the truck yet but I’ve ordered the Kings LOL, since there’s 4-5 week build time. I guess I’ll suffer in the meantime [emoji4]

Going to go with King 2.5 coilovers up front, 2.5 piggybacks in the rear on stock leaf packs.
Standard King valving.
2.5” lift in front, minimal in rear, want to level it out and not lift it unnecessarily.

View attachment 675651

Depending on the UCA’s my truck came with, I’m going with Icon Deltajoint UCA’s, or Camburg Uniballs.

But the Deltajoints are sealed and don’t require maintenance (or make noise) like uniballs.

I’ll run the factory wheels with 285/65-18 (33”) Nitto Trail Grappler MT tires. They’re the closest thing to Toyo Open Country MT’s...which is basically the same tire. Toyo MT’s aren’t available in this size.

What do you guys think?

Nice looking truck right out of the box, except for the white lettering on the outside of the tires....when is Detroit going to figure out that looks like shit......or maybe a lot of dorks in Ohio like it.

pronstar

Reaction score
Everything’s been shipped, should arrive Monday.

Install suspension Tuesday.
Install tires Wednesday (if I can’t get squeezed-in Tuesday).

Truck should be ready to rock by the middle of next week [emoji106]

pronstar

Reaction score
Brown Santa paid my truck a visit today!

Install is set for tomorrow.
Hopefully will have brought time to get my tires mounted as well.

Really looking forward to how these Delta Joint upper arms fare over time. I haven’t read many reviews but CJC says they’re the ticket for good strength combined with no squeaks and overall longevity.

IMG_0467.JPG

IMG_0466.JPG

IMG_0465.JPG

riverroyal

Reaction score
You have enough metal in those boxes to send a kid to college for a year. Or feed a Ethiopian kid for the rest of his life.

Nice choice :)

pronstar

Reaction score
Tires and shocks installed.

Tires are noisy/bumpy at walking speeds, then smooth right out.
Surprisingly quiet for an MT, just a gentle hum that’s barely audible.

The OEM shocks were toast, so hard to compare to a true stock truck.

So far the ride quality is no worse, rebound is a million times better, and the ride is compliant and well-damped.

Hit some train tracks at speed and the truck just shrugged.
I dunno if it will be as capable and composed off-road as my custom Carli-suspended Ram 2500 was, time will tell.

But the ride on-road is awesome, which is expected when comparing a 1500 to a 2500.

I’ll post up when I get more seat time, but so far I’m in love.

IMG_0480.JPG

IMG_0473.JPG

IMG_0474.JPG

IMG_0476.JPG

IMG_0479.JPG

IMG_0479.JPG

pronstar

Reaction score
There’s some dips near my house that I usually have to slow way down for.

Took them at speed today, put some energy into the shocks.

They sucked it up, super composed.

I’m definitely impressed.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
So the shop that did the install did cut the service perch/stop off. I have about a half inch between the arm and stop. Haven't made contact with it yet. Might cut it off also.

Looks great. My stock struts and shocks were done also. 17k miles.

pronstar

Reaction score
So the shop that did the install did cut the service perch/stop off. I have about a half inch between the arm and stop. Haven't made contact with it yet. Might cut it off also.

Looks great. My stock struts and shocks were done also. 17k miles.

Yeah I had the service perches cut off. Everyone online and at the shop calls them bumpstops even tho they limit down travel...go figure.

Here’s some moar pics.

IMG_0490.JPG

IMG_0489.JPG

IMG_0487.JPG

IMG_0491.JPG

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Keep me posted on the Trail Grapplers wear/noise wise.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
4B8E7E95-B4E6-4F4A-9AFC-AB6CC2FB8DD9.jpeg
Those stock wheels are killing the look.
Wheels will make a huge difference.
Here is one if the many trucks I should have kept.

Last edited:

five1fiveohp

Reaction score

Standard King valving.

View attachment 675651

What do you guys think?

they sure have been good for me

SLEEK28

Reaction score
Great stance Pronstar!! I would kill to have a truck that rides that nice. The majority of the guys I ride with have the Trail Grapplers and happier with those than anything that they have run in decades.

25Elmn8r

Reaction score
Truck looks good. Sounds like the kings were money well spent.

pronstar

Reaction score
Keep me posted on the Trail Grapplers wear/noise wise.

Slightly bumpy at a walking pace, but they smooth right out when driving.
Noise is much less than anticipated, just a barely audible hum on the highway.
And they track straight, unlike Toyo MTs that have a slight radial pull.

The tire are HEAVY...they feel twice as heavy as the P-rated tires the truck came with.
Slight decrease in felt power, and its downshifting on highway grades that it held in 6th gear previously.
I want to program for tire size, but need an aftermarket tuner to do it, and I like my warranty...

Considering how much stiffer the sidewalls are, I honestly didn't expect it to ride this good.
The Kings obviously play large roll in that.

Chris Lapoint

Reaction score
Slightly bumpy at a walking pace, but they smooth right out when driving.
Noise is much less than anticipated, just a barely audible hum on the highway.
And they track straight, unlike Toyo MTs that have a slight radial pull.

The tire are HEAVY...they feel twice as heavy as the P-rated tires the truck came with.
Slight decrease in felt power, and its downshifting on highway grades that it held in 6th gear previously.
I want to program for tire size, but need an aftermarket tuner to do it, and I like my warranty...

Considering how much stiffer the sidewalls are, I honestly didn't expect it to ride this good.
The Kings obviously play large roll in that.

The 33" Toyo's shouldn't have any radial pull, maybe in a 37"+ tire but that is going to be damn near most every manufacture.

pronstar

Reaction score
You better rotate those tires more frequent then you change your oil, I've had much better luck with the Toyo R/T's or even M/T's for that matter. I'd say you wont get more then 25-30k of life out of them.
I will give Nitto some props on the new Ridge Grappler, it has held up on our chase truck pretty well.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bih8U0PBn3d/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Toyo MT's are my favorites, but they didn't make them in the size I wanted.
The Nitto construction specs are the same as the Toyos, made at the same plant, so I'm hoping for the best.