WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Simi area inmate's, kids need help

4Waters

Reaction score
Long story short a few years ago Simi Valley Park's and Recreation sold the property they were on which also had our local BMX track on the property to build apartments. The track officially closed last year and was bulldozed. A new location was found on Easy St. and was supposed to be open in November, still not open. They promised to find a new location and are now trying to get out of it.

The old track opened late 70's maybe early 80's and was fairly busy Friday nights and Saturdays, they even had an old guys class of racing for us dads that still think we have it, LOL. It's where my wife got her start in BMX racing and she went all the way to the Grand Nationals in Oklahoma City and took 1st place, you BMX guys know that is a big race. My kids would like to give it a try and are waiting for the reopening that might not happen.

Please come out and show support for this SFV, SCV, Moorpark, Conejo Valley peeps and anyone else that could come show support would be great.

facebook_1581785777035_419846093830672.jpg

Turnup

Reaction score
I think there's also a skate type park on the development books as well in Simi. It's really a bummer to see stuff like this but the local level governments are cashing in big time with these properties they consider dead surplus big buck conversionary opportunities, district properties, schools, etc. That track meant alot for many years. I can remember the day this big fat dude came into Bike Works and said hey I'm building a track down the street and I want all you kids to help us design it..that was probably '87ish maybe. That guy let all of us grommets mob our bikes there everyday and let the local kids put their input in. It was some good days..

4Waters

Reaction score
I think there's also a skate type park on the development books as well in Simi. It's really a bummer to see stuff like this but the local level governments are cashing in big time with these properties they consider dead surplus big buck conversionary opportunities, district properties, schools, etc. That track meant alot for many years. I can remember the day this big fat dude came into Bike Works and said hey I'm building a track down the street and I want all you kids to help us design it..that was probably '87ish maybe. That guy let all of us grommets mob our bikes there everyday and let the local kids put their input in. It was some good days..
Skate park is going in at Berylwood park

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
That's just wrong. Someone should hang for that bullshit. Where are young children supposed to exercise if they keep selling off the allotted properties?

And they wonder why child gangs/vandalism/graffiti/violence is at an all time high....😞

77hallett

Reaction score
The influx of these low income apartments will be the demise of Simi. The Belwood corner just sold off.

grumpy88

Reaction score
With out this coming off to harsh it's the people who live in simi fault . Nobody takes the time to go to city council meetings . Nobody is ever voted out of office . It was a small town of 250k that could of been controlled that has been coming off the rails since the 80s . It was a great place to grow up as a kid .

4Waters

Reaction score
Update: They have decided to continue forward with the project.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Update: They have decided to continue forward with the project.
Excellent news! Any timeline on the new track?

It hate to say it, but Sycamore BMX needs to up their game with communication, they should have been posting and preaching about this weekly way before the meeting. I would have made sure I was there, but didn’t see it till a week before and my schedule was booked at that point. It was difficult before the track closed just getting info on their schedule, having to call the “hotline” the day before to listen to that pre-recorded message

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Onth
With out this coming off to harsh it's the people who live in simi fault . Nobody takes the time to go to city council meetings . Nobody is ever voted out of office . It was a small town of 250k that could of been controlled that has been coming off the rails since the 80s . It was a great place to grow up as a kid .
Simi is 50% of the size you think it is!
Last 2019 report says population was 123,000

4Waters

Reaction score
Excellent news! Any timeline on the new track?

It hate to say it, but Sycamore BMX needs to up their game with communication, they should have been posting and preaching about this weekly way before the meeting. I would have made sure I was there, but didn’t see it till a week before and my schedule was booked at that point. It was difficult before the track closed just getting info on their schedule, having to call the “hotline” the day before to listen to that pre-recorded message
They have to find a new location since an endangered bird and bat nest in the location that was chosen.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Onth

Simi is 50% of the size you think it is!
Last 2019 report says population was 123,000
Apparently they use the same statistician for population as they do for there crime reporting ! 😂😂