WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sinister Diesel

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Anyone keeping up with the drama with Sinister diesel?

Don't use blue.

Screenshot_20181122-202834_Facebook.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Cdog

Reaction score
Haha! I got a welded water pump inbound from them. Heard about this from the guys at PPE Wednesday.

Lol!

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
The latest from their Facebook page.

Sinister Diesel
November 21 at 3:11 PM ·

Sinister diesel apologizes to any customers or diesel enthusiast that we may have offended. To clarify, anyone can use the color blue anywhere on their personal truck, gas or diesel. However a company cannot manufacture aftermarket diesel parts and sell them with a blue finish, unless they have reached an agreement with Sinister Diesel. We have already granted a few companies permission to continue to use blue on their products.
We have been working on our trademark for over a year and during the process it was up for public opposition for 30 days. As of November 20 we received the official approval from the federal trademark office to trademark the use of blue in commerce in the diesel Industry.

This trademark was meant to slow or stop the influx of Chinese copies and knock offs that have been affecting our brand, so much so, that people continually associate our products with those made in China. While we do purchase some pieces (less than 15% and decreasing regularly) with the exception of some of our exhaust kits, we have zero completed parts or any part finished in blue, imported from China.

We are proudly an American manufacturing company and will continue that tradition for years to come. Sinister employees over 50 people in our California facility and are looking for more people to join our team.

We appreciate your time and understanding over this sensitive issue. We look forward to working with you in the future.

Signed
Sinister Management

4Waters

Reaction score
Yes. It states they cannot manufacturer blue diesel parts not parts for gas motors in blue. Still a odd patent to claim so I can see why they are complaining.
I read that just being a smart ass

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
They should also get a letter from Ford
View attachment 704207

And GM (Pontiac)
View attachment 704208

They probably have but Ford and GM have told them to go pound sand.

Companies like these Diesel assholes do this because they know small shops don't have the money to fight them.

If I got one of those letters I would seriously think of responding as in my first post, or I would respond that I don't use Blue, I use Pantone 2143C.

There was some guy that trademarked the word "Stealth" and was going around suing anyone that included that word in their product name. He actually had the balls to sue Lockheed at one point, or at least that is how the story goes.

Last edited: