WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sitting at the PET scan place, Deb is sick.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
She's been complaining about stomach discomfort for the last couple weeks. Last week she had some sort of dye test. Called me late Friday night at the rig in WY in tears.

2 large masses on her liver, one is 10 cm.

Fuck me. I tossed all my shit in the truck and bee lined home. Got home late Saturday.
So blood tests show enzymes up 50 points, she's in the scanner as I type.
Daughter is flying in today, inlaws and her family are converging here over the next 2 days.
FIL is like a mad man, says when he gets here he isn't leaving her side period.

So I am home for Christmas as it turns out, but in a bad way.

We are doing OK, Deb has made her peace and has vowed to fight until God says stop.
She wanted me to post this because she needs all the help she can get for this fight by way of prayers.
We should know Friday the nature of the masses, whether benign cysts or tumors. I've lost friends to liver Cancer and it was very fast and devestating. She is in pain, but not real sick like bed ridden. But it's hard to tell with her, she won't show it unless it actually floors her.

My mind won't let me think beyond each day when it comes to her health and life. she is the only reason I am even alive.

Any prayers for her are greatly needed and appreciated. She is so far above my pettiness and station I can't believe she ever married me.
Starting to ramble now so will sign off, thanks all, you guys are the best.

dribble

Reaction score
Praying for the best possible outcome.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
This wasn't what I was expecting to read when I opened the thread. :(

I just read this to the family. Deb has been added to our prayers. Hang in there WTG.

530RL

Reaction score
Sorry to hear. Positive thoughts and prayers for you and Deb

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
... From the inner reaches of my heart you and your wife and family have every bit of positive energy I can muster up and send your way...
...I have been going through this type of thing quite a bit lately with friends I grew up with...
...Fingers crossed for benign test results...

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Thank you all so much.
She's still in the tube, should be out soon, then we wait for results.

Should know by late Friday.

Depending on results and treatment forecast I might fly her straight to Phoenix to the Cancer treatment center.
We spoke with them a year and a half ago at the beginning of her breast cancer treatment and decided to stay local, but if it comes to it I won't hesitate to put her in the best possible environment.

BigQ

Reaction score
Thank you all so much.
She's still in the tube, should be out soon, then we wait for results.

Should know by late Friday.

Depending on results and treatment forecast I might fly her straight to Phoenix to the Cancer treatment center.
We spoke with them a year and a half ago at the beginning of her breast cancer treatment and decided to stay local, but if it comes to it I won't hesitate to put her in the best possible environment.

Thoughts are with you and your wife, hate to see stuff like his. Sounds like she is a fighter, hope for the best Friday.

Chopperman

Reaction score
Lots of positive thoughts and prayers for your wife, yourself, and family!!

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
So sorry to hear this WTG. [emoji20]
I hoped this was behind you guys. Positive thoughts to Deb, yourself and all family and friends of yours. Please help Deb get through this.

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
I'm very sorry to hear this! My thoughts go our to Deb! I hope all is well, soon.:thumbup:

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Damn Tommy, I'm so sorry to read this. I'll pray for Deb and the family.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Hang in there Tommy, prayers to you and Deb.

TOOLSHED

Reaction score
Sorry to hear. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Roaddogg 4040

Reaction score
So sad to hear Tom. Out thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Stay strong...

Steve

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Prayers and then a few more...

Hang tough Tommy, Deb needs you to be with her and be her knight in armor.

Lots of love your way...

Carl

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
Damn Tommy
I am so sorry to hear this today. It is obvious through your many posts here just what a special bond you have with Deb and I can only send along my most sincere thoughts of support.

Jean and I will have you both in our prayers.....I only hope that things work out positively for Deb.

God Bless

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Hang in there Tommy. Deb is a strong woman and she will beat this. We're thinking of you guys.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Our thoughts are with you and Deb Tommy. Be sure to take care of yourself too.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Prayers to you and your wife Tommy. She's been through a lot. Hoping it's nothing major

PVHCA

Reaction score
You guys are in my thoughts and prayers, be strong for her and keep your head high.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Tommy, my heart is with you two.

Hold the thought that 10 new chemos are released each week and they are kick-ass working.

A "Study" chemo/treatment means it's promising thus meaning beating everything out there, and never used with the possibility of a placebo kinda trial.
A study chemo has to be accepted by all health insurance by law.
Hold those thoughts.

The most up to date treatments and chemos are at the Cancer University and teaching hospitals like UCLA and USC and of course City of Hope.
You probably won't find the latest at Kaiser and Cancer Treatment Centers of America regardless of what their advertising says. They aren't geared that way, though they may eventually get the treatments is what we discovered and IOHO's.

I just had a 13 MM cyst dissolved off my liver and another off my Pancreas (and colon) with a new super "study" chemo.
4 chemo treatment shut the tumors symptoms down in about 3 days,, dissolved them in about 2 months.

I just mention the above because a good chance as you two explore treatments they may offer the accepted protocols,, then present the new methods. We jumped on the new method.
Just my 2 cents worth, not trying to start a Ford vs Ram argument kinda best treatment dealio.

Go with what and who you trust.

She can beat it.
She WILL beat it.

Reaction score
You guys will be in my thoughts. Fuck cancer!

Joe mama

Reaction score
Thoughts and prayers sent! Sorry you have to go through this shit. I think TPC said it right in his post. He seems to be a sharp individual and from his post has done alot of research on this shit...

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Tommy, my heart is with you two.

Hold the thought that 10 new chemos are released each week and they are kick-ass working.

A "Study" chemo/treatment means it's promising thus meaning beating everything out there, and never used with the possibility of a placebo kinda trial.
A study chemo has to be accepted by all health insurance by law.
Hold those thoughts.

The most up to date treatments and chemos are at the Cancer University and teaching hospitals like UCLA and USC and of course City of Hope.
You won't find them at Kaiser and Cancer Treatment Centers of America regardless of what their advertising says.

I just had a 13 MM cyst dissolved off my liver and another off my Pancreas (and colon) by the new super "study" chemo Avastin.
Avastin ( with 3 other chemos) shut the tumors down in about 3 days,, dissolved them in about 2 months.

I put the above because a good chance as you two explore treatment they may offer the accepted protocols,, then present the new methods.
Just my 2 cents worth, not trying to start a Ford vs Ram argument kinda best treatment dealio.

Go with what and who you trust.

She can beat it.
She WILL beat it.

Thanks!!!
I have been keeping Deb posted if your condition and treatments and just read her your post!!

We will certainly be in touch with you!!
Thanks to all for the well wishes and prayers.
Deb is convinced, as am I, that it makes all the difference!!

HBCraig

Reaction score
Positive thoughts and well wishes sent your way brother.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Fight it Deb!

I beat cancer once.

So can She.

She may not need chemo - With modern robotic surgery they should be able to go in and "get the masses" with laser accuracy.

If she's on this thing quick enough she'll walk through this whole thing.

I walked into Cedar Sinai Monday and walked out Thursday with one kidney no chemo - done.

It cold go jus as smooth for her if they nail it by the numbers.

Prayer sent.

UD

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I'm soo sorry to read this. I wish there was more I can do than pray

JBS

Reaction score
Prayers for you and Deb.

I need to second what TPC is telling you. It is very important to be at a facility that specializes in the specific cancer. Cancer center of America is not one of those places in my opinion.

Keep fighting and stay proactive.

God bless

TBulger

Reaction score
Golly, so sorry to hear this, will be thinking and praying for you. Horrible time for being so scared, maricles happen and I just know it's your turn Deb.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Tommy My thoughts are with deb and u and your whole family.
Hang tough

So sorry to read this today :(

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
Well shit, stopped in to spread some cheer. Hang tough Tommy, you guys are in my thoughts. Merry Christmas.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Don't know either of you personally but my thoughts and prayers are with you. The one thing about this place is how much you can feel for someone you don't know or have ever met. Definitely not what I had hoped to read :(